Android phones.

Remove this Banner Ad

I got a Galaxy S2 in October and quickly fell in love with it. Alas, as Murphy's Law dictates the only really good phone I've ever had was lost within 6 weeks (left in a taxi).

I haven't replaced it yet, but I've been shopping around heavily and I think I've settled for the HTC Incredible S.

I can get this for $399 outright, is there anything besides the slightly smaller screen (which I can deal with) that means I shouldn't just fork out extra for a new S2? I can get an S2 for a touch under $600.

Incredible S really only a midrange phone.It's only a single core 1ghz, it only has about 1gig ROM (you'll need to get an SD card if you start installing too much), and you lose HDMI-out and USB On-The-Go.

It's still a decent phone, but I reckon it will be noticeably slower than your old S2.

I stumbled on this video (sorry, not sure how to embed) and found it interesting.

It's the LG Prada and whilst it isn't identical to the current two smartphone giants, there are a lot of similarities with it.

The most surprising thing about it is it was first announced I month prior to the iPhone so technically it really was the first of the modern smartphone as we know them.

I don't ever remember hearing much about it when it came out but surely it must have been the first of it's kind when it came out.

Did it ever get far?

I stumbled on this video (sorry, not sure how to embed) and found it interesting.

It's the LG Prada and whilst it isn't identical to the current two smartphone giants, there are a lot of similarities with it.

The most surprising thing about it is it was first announced I month prior to the iPhone so technically it really was the first of the modern smartphone as we know them.

I don't ever remember hearing much about it when it came out but surely it must have been the first of it's kind when it came out.

Did it ever get far?

Unlikely, but there were "smartphones" out well before that. Devices like the Samsung i700 were out in 2004.

Despite what a lot of people believe Apple generally don't invent things, they just put a pretty bow on stuff that's been out for ages and market the s**t out of it.

Did it ever get far?

having a touch screen doesn't make it a smart phone.

Official extended battery
SGP Neo Hybrid EX case (comes with a good quality screen protector)
USB OTG cable (lets you plug in USB drives, printers, keyboard, mice, etc)
HDMI adapter

Thank you kind sir.

though with the extended battery, how much juice can you get out of it compared to the one that comes with it already?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm. I was tossing up the idea of buying a spare normal battery and swapping over if it runs out.

Anyway, Those SGP NH EX case are really good looking.
Thats what I have. I bought 2 spare batteries along with a wall recharger on E Bay for about $29 and it works an absolute treat for me.

I'm a fan of HTC. Even though I haven't really used it, I'm sure the Wildfire isn't bad for a phone of it's price range.

I'm a fan of HTC. Even though I haven't really used it, I'm sure the Wildfire isn't bad for a phone of it's price range.
Its a horrible phone. My work gave me one
its was rubbish. I went straight out and bought a SGS2, much better.

Its a horrible phone. My work gave me one
its was rubbish. I went straight out and bought a SGS2, much better.
Of course it is. You're comparing a phone that retails at $749 to one that retails at $169 :confused:

There's also the Galaxy Ace in that price range worthy of consideration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back