Android phones.

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t. I replaced a Desire HD I quite liked years back due to a wifi problem.
I originally replaced the s3 with an s5 (which just died, squashed in a forklift accident). Looking at buying a HTC one m8 from HK over the net but the 4 week delivery was going to scupper that plan. Enter old s3 which has been in the drawer for 20 months and enough desperation to download the Odin 3 flash tool and relevant files/firmware.
Was shitting bricks at the risk of bricking it but ended up being a piece of piss. 60 mins tops from research to completion.

How long did your stupid waterproof flap last?

After 6 months i was ready to snap it off. Then the adhesive failed and did the job for me....
2 months. Got an exacto knife and cut it at the bottom then sanded it down. Was a hassle to open and close it everytime.

I originally replaced the s3 with an s5 (which just died, squashed in a forklift accident). Looking at buying a HTC one m8 from HK over the net but the 4 week delivery was going to scupper that plan. Enter old s3 which has been in the drawer for 20 months and enough desperation to download the Odin 3 flash tool and relevant files/firmware.
Was shitting bricks at the risk of bricking it but ended up being a piece of piss. 60 mins tops from research to completion.

What version of android did you put on there? I'd imagine someone would have made a decent 5.1.1 rom for it.

Hell yes love Odin is very reliable. Sadly I only started exploring options regarding flashing in 2012 on my then S2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought the s7 today. Good guys have a 20% off sale on their ebay store. But my wife won't let me at it till my birthday next week lol.

I've had the s7 Edge since Friday and I couldn't be happier. The phone is brilliant. Installed Nova Launcher and a few other thing, icons etc. The things this phone can do are excellent. Still messing around with it, there's a lot of there. Only issue I had was Optus stuffing up my activation.

I didn't realise until this morning either but the phone is magnetic, I had a holder in the car and needed a megnetic strip in my case on my iPhone to get it to stick. I wanted to see how this one fitted size wise and it stuck there.

I've had the s7 Edge since Friday and I couldn't be happier. The phone is brilliant. Installed Nova Launcher and a few other thing, icons etc. The things this phone can do are excellent. Still messing around with it, there's a lot of there. Only issue I had was Optus stuffing up my activation.

I didn't realise until this morning either but the phone is magnetic, I had a holder in the car and needed a megnetic strip in my case on my iPhone to get it to stick. I wanted to see how this one fitted size wise and it stuck there.

Any chance you can provide some feedback on the sound quality of the phone? I have a HTC M8 with dual front speakers ATM and the sound is great. Looking at getting the S7 in a coupe of weeks but most of the reviews are lacking in the audio quality front.

Any chance you can provide some feedback on the sound quality of the phone? I have a HTC M8 with dual front speakers ATM and the sound is great. Looking at getting the S7 in a coupe of weeks but most of the reviews are lacking in the audio quality front.
If speakers are a priority for you I wouldn't get this phone. I don't really use them apart from watching the odd clip so it's not a concern to me. The water proofing has apparently taken away from the sound quality as well.

If speakers are a priority for you I wouldn't get this phone. I don't really use them apart from watching the odd clip so it's not a concern to me. The water proofing has apparently taken away from the sound quality as well.

Thanks for that. May look at the HTC M10 about to be released.

Yeah I picked up the M7 when it came out a few years ago. Had the S5 and S7 since then but they dont come close in the sound department.

The Nexus 6P also has front facing speakers. I'd rather that over the M10. At least your going to get updates for the next 3 years

Need to get a new phone.
Had the original HTC One for two and a half years and it's dying at a rate of knots.
Eyeing off either the S7 or the M10.
I really value the extra sound features of the M10 but I appreciate that the S7 is a safer option in regards to updates etc..

Need to get a new phone.
Had the original HTC One for two and a half years and it's dying at a rate of knots.
Eyeing off either the S7 or the M10.
I really value the extra sound features of the M10 but I appreciate that the S7 is a safer option in regards to updates etc..
Safer? Only Nexus and perhaps Motorola are safe for updates. Sony aren't too bad either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do you experience any internet issues. Ive got one through telstra and randomly the phone loses internet connection and have to wait a minute or so for it to come back. A mate has the same issues

Yes it occasionally happens. My issue with the internet is usually app related. The browser will just not work, and a browser restart is needed for it to kick back in.

General reception is usually fine. I just find it is Samsung's new browser that has caused issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back