Andy Maher - career heading south

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always had an aversion to him. He comes across as a real sycophant and someone who's forever putting on airs. His "You blokes" strine shtick may be genuine (I don't know the man personally) but it reads on television and radio like an unsubtle imposter wearing a giant fake nose and moustache and hoping nobody sees through their disguise.

I'm all for non-footy people (IE. non-players: Whately, Hudson, for example) commentating the game but not this guy.

Quite gutless too. Standard answer to controversial views of callers is either " a lot of people would agree with you" or " That's your opinion and your entitled to it" Never puts his butt on the line.

Has been quite dreadful during the Essendon saga. Unyielding bias towards whatever Tim Watson says, intolerable barrage of tired cliches and boys club waffle. His TV show now relegated to the graveyard with no viewers. On the nose. Hope he has other skills.

It's embarrassing.

url

"Ease up yous blokes"

After Scott Lycett's first game with the Eagles he told everyone to 'Remember the name Tommy Lycett'!

I haven't forgotten Tommy Lycett but I'm wondering when he's going to do something worth remembering!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to go south of where he started.

Yeah nah, ya gotta wonder how a guy like him can suddenly get on-air jobs when he was about 45 (or thereabouts). I mean, he was a journo and tv producer, and now he hosts prime time tv, with little sporting pedigree and even less personality??!!?!? Crikey.
It's an unfortunate byproduct of SEN nearly going about of business a few years ago: when people like Garry Lyon left, they were replaced with no-names, such as Maher, who would obviously work heaps cheaper.

The worst part about him is his fake-laughing at Watson's bad puns and s**t jokes. Sure, Wispy's gags might be 'fun', but they're definitely not funny

And what's with all the golf?!?! Uggh! I'm not a golf fan at all, so I reckon he should only mention it when an Aussie is about to win a Major :p

Having said all that, he's probably a good bloke, but........what happened to his radio segment, "Kath's Day"? :p That was when he spoke for a few minutes about what he did with his missus, Kathy. Well, it suddenly disappeared, then only a few months later he tells us he's marrying someone else!! Hmmm.. :D They have a lot of mirth poking fun at the personal lives of Greg Normam, et al -- talking about "girlfriend overlap", etc -- well, I wonder if there was any overlap there. Ha.

Has been quite dreadful during the Essendon saga. Unyielding bias towards whatever Tim Watson says, intolerable barrage of tired cliches and boys club waffle. His TV show now relegated to the graveyard with no viewers. On the nose. Hope he has other skills.

Didnt know he had one.

He was hosting a soccer show on fox sports at one point wasn't he? Did that get punted or something?

Cant ask a question without making a statement; can't ask a sensible question; can't hide his bias for Carlton; can't speak with authority on any topic; can't get his head out of Timmy's arsehole; can't see him getting any better.
Tosser

This guy is pretty bad. His worst (greatest?) moment was after Brett Kirk's last game, Kirk is in tears - overcome with emotion and You Blokes wanted to get the exclusive interview so he runs onto the field and keeps pestering Kirk "How does it feel? How does it feel?" I think from memory, Kirk blew him off and walked away. It might be on youtube somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back