Mega Thread Anti doping Tribunal Hearings - Verdict to be delivered March 31st, 2pm, Docklands. Closed hearing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ASADA is going onto day 4 of an opening submission hey? Must the the best long-winded lawyer in the world if he's going for that long when ASADA don't have anything.
Yep. Saying "It's the vibe" only takes me, what, 2 or 3 seconds?

Relatedly, that's how long I expect the player's lawyers to take to outline their case.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 3m3 minutes ago
AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal had 3rd day hearing today of past,present Essendon players &former employee who have been issued Infraction Notices

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 2m2 minutes ago
Mr Holmes QC continued his submissions on behalf of ASADA. He will continue to detail evidence in ASADA case when hearing resumes on Jan 12.

Shocked to be informed that the tribunal is going ahead, the players lawyers made it real clear there it would get dismissed :rolleyes:

However, not much news today :(

Nice of The Age to leave Rohan's Wet Dream up on the Front page of Sport:)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-set-to-end-with-whimper-20141202-11ye5z.html

Hang on, but ASADA have no evidence ( Essendon fans ) the case was going to end with a whimper ( Rohan Connelly ) the case was going to get thrown out (chip le grand ) but ASADA are going to resume on January 12 detailing more evidence, I don't get it, how can you go into a 4th day on jan 12 if you have no evidence.

Hang on, but ASADA have no evidence ( Essendon fans ) the case was going to end with a whimper ( Rohan Connelly ) the case was going to get thrown out (chip le grand ) but ASADA are going to resume on January 12 detailing more evidence, I don't get it, how can you go into a 4th day on jan 12 if you have no evidence.
Lots of diagrams and photos in 12000 pages

Lots of diagrams and photos in 12000 pages
You could imagine them at the ASADA xmas party tonight.

Investigator : "...and then one of them pulled out this photo of a photo that looked liked it had been in Dean Wallis' pocket for 9 months then photoshopped by his 11year old daughter! .... haaaarrrgghhhh!

I simply asked if anyone who was aware what was actually going on had heard anything which was not already in the public arena.
That is pretty clear if you read my post.
Since yourself and Jenny are at pains to discuss anything but semantics of my post I assume, in the absence of any actual reply to my question, that not a ******* single thing has actually happened we were not already well and truly aware of a year ago.
ASADA are still going with the "we got wind of a vibe" prosecution.
But anyway thanks for you reply.;)
Well it doesn't really matter what we heard a year ago, it now all has to be repeated to the tribunal, they didn't put this on for your or my entertainment.

Do you remember back at school when they took all the kids to a court case, yawn, or did you fall asleep like me?

I think these cases are all pretty damn boring, that may be why lawyers make great politicians(I use this term in regards their suitability for the job not necessarily to describe their performance) they are used to the long boring grind of it all:(

After 3 days and going to a 4th, the players lawyers are patiently awaiting their chance to show the tribunal their highlights reel of the 5 time Chrichton Medallist's career*.

* pre foot injury of course, just in case the panel get suspicious.
Are the Anzac medals on display, I feel all tingly inside, what a brave man, no he's more than that he's a brave brave man, I think his lawyers described him as heroic, so true.

Any thoughts Bruce? Bruce are you there?

Dear Santa my Christmas wish is thus:

The Tribunal Finds Dank guilty of all charges, this has a knock on effect that players are then found guilty of taking TB4 (and banned for the full 2 years).
The day the bans are announced Hird (and Reid bomber et all) is issued with his SCN (thus continuing the disruption for some time).
Once Hird has been found guilty and banned, the players then embark on a campaign to sue EFC/Dank/AFL (thus ensuring this drags EFC through the mud for a longer period.
Of course if EFC/Hird/Dank had of all been open and honest from the start I wouldn't wish the above on them.
Wow. For Xmas I want happiness for my family, friends and loved ones, but whatever floats your boat I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 3m3 minutes ago
AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal had 3rd day hearing today of past,present Essendon players &former employee who have been issued Infraction Notices

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 2m2 minutes ago
Mr Holmes QC continued his submissions on behalf of ASADA. He will continue to detail evidence in ASADA case when hearing resumes on Jan 12.

Shocked to be informed that the tribunal is going ahead, the players lawyers made it real clear there it would get dismissed :rolleyes:

However, not much news today :(
That's really informative, other than that ASADA have still more evidence to present. According to certain EFC supporters their case must be incredibly weak if it needs 4 or more days to present.:D

I simply asked if anyone who was aware what was actually going on had heard anything which was not already in the public arena.
Since yourself and Jenny are at pains to discuss anything but semantics of my post I assume, in the absence of any actual reply to my question, that not a ******* single thing has actually happened we were not already well and truly aware of a year ago.
The hearing is in private. How would anyone know what has been revealed?

Yep. Saying "It's the vibe" only takes me, what, 2 or 3 seconds?

Relatedly, that's how long I expect the player's lawyers to take to outline their case.

What about the following scenario (following five days of opening submissions from ASADA) - your honour, have we got to the bit where the players were administered with TB4 yet???

You mean you actually believe ASADA has hard evidence of even one Essendon player being administered with TB4 (let alone all 34)?
Loaded question. How do you define "hard evidence"? Yes I believe that ASADA has evidence that shows a trail of TB4 from the supplier to the players bodies. I know, however, they have no positive tests from the players. So if you count the latter as "hard evidence" then they don't have that. I "believe" that a strong circumstantial case can be considered "hard evidence" though.

To simplify: From my interpretation of the question: Yes, yes I do.

Are you deliberately dull? Nobody knows what has happened in the tribunal, because, hello, it's private. The leaks that came on day one have miraculously dried up. I'd suggest that whoever let chipper sit in on the first day was told to not do so on subsequent days.

You are hoping asada have nothing, but I'd say that since they've spent the first three days outlining their case against the players and intend to continue once the tribunal continues in January, they've got a teeny bit more than nothing.

As the AFLPA said when they saw a summary of the evidence: it's the same ol' stuff.

We know that the ASADA CEO went to SCNs barely 3 weeks after stepping into the job WITHOUT sworn statements (and it's clear now that that was a result of Ministerial interference).

We know that the ASADA investigators and in-house legal counsel had recommended to the previous CEO: No further action.

We now know that there has been doctoring of the evidence, and it's pretty clear now that ASADA never, ever intended to present Charter and Alavi as witnesses.

ASADA has no witnesses.

ASADA has no hard evidence of a single player being administered with TB4.

ASADA did not even make an attempt to use its new found powers to question the one man who knows precisely what was administered to Dank.

Loaded question. How do you define "hard evidence"? Yes I believe that ASADA has evidence that shows a trail of TB4 from the supplier to the players bodies. I know, however, they have no positive tests from the players. So if you count the latter as "hard evidence" then they don't have that. I "believe" that a strong circumstantial case can be considered "hard evidence" though.

To simplify: From my interpretation of the question: Yes, yes I do.

To the players' bodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back