Anyone here use surround sound for your console?

Remove this Banner Ad

nicko99

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Western Warriors
Anyone recommend it?

Got given some as there fairly old speakers and i dont know if there compatible to connect to my PS3 or how to connect it at all, and it doesnt have a receiver.

Will post pics later if needed!

What are the requirements i am asking to connect them!????

Anyone recommend it?

Got given some as there fairly old speakers and i dont know if there compatible to connect to my PS3 or how to connect it at all, and it doesnt have a receiver.

Will post pics later if needed!

What are the requirements i am asking to connect them!????

You need an amplifier. You connect your console and tv to the amp and speakers to the amp.

5.1 and I love it. Makes games sound so much better, especially sports games with good crowd noise.

Not to mention guitar hero and the likes :)

Yeah I used to work in Cinema (real stuff) so had access to very cheap speakers. Suffice to say I have a pretty good setup sound wise. :D

The logitech Z5500s are what I use, for everything.

Best bang for your buck set.

They're $390 here, but just last week were $290.

http://www.logitechshop.com.au/logitech-z-5500-digital-speakers.html

Ive had mine for 4-5 years now. Still going strong.

yeh they're pretty sweet.
also got them 4-5 years ago for my comp and ended up using them for everything until i got the astro a40 headsets last year.

i actually forgot i even had them connected til this thread so now i've chucked on a blu ray on and have them pumping :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In shooters and racing games surround sound helps you play. I recently got the turtle beach x41 7.1 headphones for my x360 .. Awesome and wireless as well.

My LG ones have already ****ed up which has pissed me off. When they were working they were amazing.

I'll just have to **** off these peices of s**t to the lounge and get 7.1 when I can afford it.

Don't have surround sound, but have a decent set of speakers, in the Audioengine A5s.

Logitech make pretty shitty speakers.

I have a surround setup on mine, some games you don't really notice it but there are a few that really take advantage of it. 2 that spring to mind are F1 2010 and Red Dead Redemption. In F1 the sounds of the cars in the space around you are spot on. And in Red Dead you can more or less navigate yourself towards sounds without any other help, not to mention all the little things that go on like animal noises etc.

And in Red Dead you can more or less navigate yourself towards sounds without any other help, not to mention all the little things that go on like animal noises etc.

You sure do s**t yourself the first time a cougar takes your horse down from behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back