Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing loss for the Aussies, need to wise up with shot selection against the spinners, look to have too many guys who prefer the ball coming onto the bat and were found wanting last night.

Brad Hogg's dropped catch and poor bowling was the difference in the end, but has age on his side and will only get better...:eek::rolleyes:

I think Hogg was a bit rattled to be honest HBF, he dropped a crucial catch a ball or 2 before his first over and seemed very unsettled and nervous.

Paki's in conditions they love are a fair way ahead of the BBL all the same.

Warner, Watson, Bailey and even Finch late in his innings looked out of sorts and much prefer the ball coming on instead of the facing spinners who can turn and skid it through.

Finch needs to stand still at the crease, we should of cruised to victory even after Maxwell went out but Finch found it hard to get the spinners away, maybe if he stood still in the crease he might actually play each ball on its merits instead of pre-medidtating.

Last edited:
I didn't even see Warner and Watson bat. Was watching the footy and first time I switched over we were 2 for SFA.
Bailey looked out of sorts as well - Pakistani bowlers did a good job of not letting him settle.

Disappointing to Hogg to be honest. Wonder if they might bring White in for the next game. Strengthen the batting and we don't lose much with the bowlers either.

Incredible innings from Maxy, when he gets going he's an absolute pleasure to watch.

Having said that, he's incredibly lucky he didn't lose his wicket with the first ball he faced - no idea what he was thinking.

Ultimately we fell short because other than Maxy and Finch, the batting lineup gave us absolutely nothing. Can't rely on one or two to get us over the line, especially when chasing as big a total as that set by the Pakistani's.

That loss sets up an absolute must-win match against the West Indies on Friday night. Tough opponent to come up against because you really just don't know what you're going to get from them. Such a volatile batting unit - could be knocked over for 50 or Chris Gayle could come out and score a double ton on his own.

The bowlers didn't help our cause last night but they absolutely must be on their game against the West Indians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible innings from Maxy, when he gets going he's an absolute pleasure to watch.

Having said that, he's incredibly lucky he didn't lose his wicket with the first ball he faced - no idea what he was thinking.

Ultimately we fell short because other than Maxy and Finch, the batting lineup gave us absolutely nothing. Can't rely on one or two to get us over the line, especially when chasing as big a total as that set by the Pakistani's.

That loss sets up an absolute must-win match against the West Indies on Friday night. Tough opponent to come up against because you really just don't know what you're going to get from them. Such a volatile batting unit - could be knocked over for 50 or Chris Gayle could come out and score a double ton on his own.

The bowlers didn't help our cause last night but they absolutely must be on their game against the West Indians.
I couldn't believe that shot first ball, was ridiculous.

Great to watch thereafter though.

In 20/20 cricket most team scores are dominated by 1 or 2 batsmen scoring the majority of the runs, our batsmen were set a mammoth task because our fielding and bowling last night was poor.

We need an extra quality spinner or 2 for those conditions as we have a few who come onto the bat too nicely.

Aussies choke again, started the tournament as favourites, what odds now ??

Very poor bowling when it mattered and must say it was hard to see what their bowling plans and strategies were.

Sammy loves the ball coming on and isn't as productive with the slower bowlers so its hard to see why you would bowl Starc and Bollinger at him when Watson may have been a better option.

Watson refusing to walk after being cleaned bowled just caps off a disastrous T20 tournament for the Aussies.

Watson's performance with the bat was disappointing all tournament 3 hits for 7 runs total, bowling and fielding was ordinary and Bailey looked clueless at times in the field.

Watson refusing to walk after being cleaned bowled just caps off a disastrous T20 tournament for the Aussies.

Watson's performance with the bat was disappointing all tournament 3 hits for 7 runs total, bowling and fielding was ordinary and Bailey looked clueless at times in the field.

I said numerous times over the Summer that it annoys me greatly that Watson is just an automatic selection in all forms of cricket for Australia.
Rarely performs under pressure and makes his runs when most of the heavy lifting has already been done.
If Faulkner could improve his batting enough to bat at No.6 then I wouldn't hesitate in giving Watson the chop permanently.

Soon as Faulkner is fit, I'd be getting Mr. Consistency, out of the lineups.

Just not sold on Faulkners batting ability, particularly if we're going to bat him at 6.
One thing that Watson does have over just about every other allrounder in the country is that he is a "batting" allrounder, whereas Faulkner is more of a bowling allrounder.

Just not sold on Faulkners batting ability, particularly if we're going to bat him at 6.
One thing that Watson does have over just about every other allrounder in the country is that he is a "batting" allrounder, whereas Faulkner is more of a bowling allrounder.

/all doubts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back