Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from the WACA, went down for a couple of hours over my lunch break.

Still think the aussies will chase whatever the Indians post.

Just got back from the WACA, went down for a couple of hours over my lunch break.

Still think the aussies will chase whatever the Indians post.
You're an excellent judge. Currently 33 runs ahead of India at 40 overs. Bailey and Smith have scored centuries. Smith is smacking it everywhere. Absolutely ruthless.

You're an excellent judge. Currently 33 runs ahead of India at 40 overs. Bailey and Smith have scored centuries. Smith is smacking it everywhere. Absolutely ruthless.
Unfortunately the WACA pitch is not what it use to be which is a real shame.

I said to my old man the other week that Dennis Lillee would struggle to get anything out of the current WACA pitch. The old man just laughed and said DK would still pick up a easy 5 wickets.

I remember going to the WACA back in the early 90s when South Africa were just coming back into World cricket and Allan Donald was bowling so fast you could hardly see the ball. The keeper was so far back that if he turned around he could nearly touch the sight screen.

Still think ODN shits all over 20 20 and is a weak light next to a blazing sun of test match cricket
We watched the match doing a 2 Hr insane bike spin session. Loved it

Some people actually think bringing Lawry back is a progressive move. A living cliche - like the entire commentary.

Bill is better than anyone else in that commentary box. Nine need an overhaul, and quickly.
Punter, Gilly and Flem who all do the big bash are miles ahead of them. Junior would fit in well at nine though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else see Chris Gayle get to 50 off just 12 balls last night? Some amazing hitting from the West Indian. Could very well be the last time we see him in the Big Bash.
Mel was home alone

Anyone else see Chris Gayle get to 50 off just 12 balls last night? Some amazing hitting from the West Indian. Could very well be the last time we see him in the Big Bash.

Was an amazing knock from Gayle. He has been relatively disappointing through this Big Bash, but finally looked to hit his straps on Monday night.

Pity he played a lone hand with the rest of the Renegade forgetting to turn up despite finding themselves somewhat unexpectedly in a solid position. Pathetic from White, Bravo and Beaton in particular who threw their wicket away.

Well said J.
All the other renegade batsmen had to do was rotate the strike and get Gayle on strike. Not all.of them had to put the ball over the fence.

Even after Gayle was dismissed there was absolutely no need to panic.

What looked insurmountable at the start of the innings became realistic very quickly thanks to Gayle. What did he bring the required run rate down to - below 9 per over?

That should be relatively straight forward, particularly with plenty of wickets remaining. Rotate the strike continuously and find the boundary at least once per over and you are there before you know it.

Instead we had all of White, Bravo and Beaton throw their wickets away, making the achievable insurmountable once more.

It was just dumb cricket. Simple as that, really.

Even after Gayle was dismissed there was absolutely no need to panic.

What looked insurmountable at the start of the innings became realistic very quickly thanks to Gayle. What did he bring the required run rate down to - below 9 per over?

That should be relatively straight forward, particularly with plenty of wickets remaining. Rotate the strike continuously and find the boundary at least once per over and you are there before you know it.

Instead we had all of White, Bravo and Beaton throw their wickets away, making the achievable insurmountable once more.

It was just dumb cricket. Simple as that, really.

I thought that innings summed up the renegades season very well. They looked very in patches, but also looked very ordinary in larger patches also. What they need to do is improve their bowling stocks. Too much is left to Rimmington who can't shoulder the entire burden of being their main man.

I decided to concede at around 1/270. I got up and made myself a short black and went outside for a while to talk to our cat Bella. Naturally she was not interested in a chat and demanded a little roast chicken which I supplied under threat. When my coffee had perked I noticed a wicket and was surprised to notice that it was the second wicket to fall since my concession. Australia went through India's batting line up like a bad case of Dehli Belly. Away from the sub-continent India is soft. That's been the case since I was a boy.

I decided to concede at around 1/270. I got up and made myself a short black and went outside for a while to talk to our cat Bella. Naturally she was not interested in a chat and demanded a little roast chicken which I supplied under threat. When my coffee had perked I noticed a wicket and was surprised to notice that it was the second wicket to fall since my concession. Australia went through India's batting line up like a bad case of Dehli Belly. Away from the sub-continent India is soft. That's been the case since I was a boy.
Was Tarnie girl into the chook too when she was around?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back