Australian Space Program - coming soon!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Australia would do well to ally itself with another nation's space programme - these things tend to work well as cooperative ventures.
Agreed and NZ would be an obvious one. Get several countries working on the payload, Australia can make the boosters :)

Somewhere around Darwin or North Qld would make a great launch site, being only 12 degrees south of the equator :thumbsu:

Agreed and NZ would be an obvious one. Get several countries working on the payload, Australia can make the boosters :)

Somewhere around Darwin or North Qld would make a great launch site, being only 12 degrees south of the equator :thumbsu:

I'm actually surprised more countries are going in for joint ventures. If everyone pooled their resources, we'd make a lot more progress. 'Course, that's true of a lot of things, and sadly, there are too many barriers to that :( Still, we can dream!

We'd get a bit of buy-in from the Yanks if we placed it out near Pine Gap. :)

Australian Space Agency to employ thousands and tap $420b industry, Government says :D

382.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be as many pretty pictures, but this is why space technology is important:

Extrapolate this technology over years and decades and surely if leads to an increase in average crop yields?

Our own space program? Great news!! Finally, a place to send Adelaide supporters! Am I allowed to say that? Or is this a serious science forum?

Had a quick look at the Wikipedia for the ASA and the most recent updates are the below. Only googled for a couple minutes but there doesn’t seem to be much else happening

Australian Space Agency - Wikipedia

On 13 October 2021, the Australian Government announced an agreement with NASA whereby Australian researchers and scientists would build a rover that will be sent to the moon by 2026.[18]

In March 2022, the agency and the University of Adelaide stated that they'd work together on Mars exploration.[19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back