Autopsy Autopsy. Just stop the game Gil. These fools are criminals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hipwood has more space than buzz lightyear. To infinity and beyond you arseholes.

Half our squad are dead set criminals. Frauds. Stealing money whilst pretending to be AFL footballers. These men are dead food. ******* CRIMINALS!!!

I'd rather go to dubai with a full case of cannabis than watch this team play like this. I'm seething. I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. During Ramadan too. Oh my lord. Why do you always do this s**t to me?!

End the game Gil. Just end it now.

Never as good or as bad as it seems. But not a good day. Chom, Stevo, Phillips and Sheezel good.

Backline as bad as the midfield. Morons will blame Turner etc but this is structural. We know Clarko is a better teacher than Noble. These guys have a lot to learn.

We're playing a risky gameplan. Rely on midfield riches, defenders position aggressively. It's won us games this year, it's lost us games too.
LDU down (looking hampered from his calf still?), Jy out, Logue + Bmac + the rest never had synergy in pre season. It's a recipe for, well, today. Arguably clarko should have pulled the trigger on going man on man once it became clear we weren't going to break even or better in the middle. I assume he had his reasons not to, presser will be interesting.

Chom improved again this week, Sleevo looking damn fine when given a sniff. Howe actually OK. JZ best of the defenders by some distance IMO.

Credit to Brisbane, some frantic pressure and they kicked long at will, unlike us who defaulted to the handball (which is always a good option against a frenetic team).

Well, that sucked.

At the risk of being labelled a Noble defender, can we please now collectively admit that it wasn't JUST coaching that was the issue? This list is full of plodders, plain and simple.

Our recruiting department has done an extremely poor job over the last decade, and it's showing.
If we look at the entire list who played today, and use a simple Pass/Fail grading system today (and I'll be generous), it really paints the picture:

PASS
Comben
Stephenson
Phillips
Sheezel
Simpkin*
Greenwood*
Howe
Shiels

FAIL
Corr
Cunnington :'(
LDU
Goldstein
Larkey
Logue
McDonald
Scott
Taylor
Turner
Ziebell
Tucker
Zurhaar

That isn't to say everyone in the 'pass' category is the future, and everyone in the 'fail' category is clogging up our list, obviously. But it's a huge problem that when one or two key players have below-average games (by their own standards) like LDU had today, that the impact is so significant. We rely on too few to do too much.

A lot of people don't seem to be aware that Brisbane are uh, a good side that's been growing their core together for like 5 years with a very good gameplan, and particularly a really good forward line. The absolute meltdowns on here have been hilarious, of course a backline consisting of like 3 new recruits and a guy who's been out injured for a month didn't hold up too well. It's partly structural but they do this to better sides than us

Game plan:

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Never as good or as bad as it seems. But not a good day. Chom, Stevo, Phillips and Sheezel good.

Backline as bad as the midfield. Morons will blame Turner etc but this is structural. We know Clarko is a better teacher than Noble. These guys have a lot to learn.
Its *in terrible.

You’re right though, Chom, Stevo, Will and Sheezus are the only ones who get an automatic game next week, the rest can fight it out in a UFC cage for a magnet on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive step backwards today, defense every bit as bad as last year.

Still a massive amount of work to do before we can compete with the best teams.

Not many positives, but Comben was the obvious one, the only forward who showed desperation and attacked the ball.

A lot of people don't seem to be aware that Brisbane are uh, a good side that's been growing their core together for like 5 years with a very good gameplan, and particularly a really good forward line. The absolute meltdowns on here have been hilarious, of course a backline consisting of like 3 new recruits and a guy who's been out injured for a month didn't hold up too well. It's partly structural but they do this to better sides than us

For mine the most annoying thing is that we’ve been so good in the middle this year but we got absolutely belted in there today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back