Review Autopsy vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poor attendance is a reflection of the frustration with our playing style. Simple as that. It's ugly and we're losing, so change it. We saw what happened last week when Malthouse released the shackles.

People can only take so much and when you've had three truly awful years, one flag in the last 60, two GF appearances with the last being 53 years ago, it wears people down.

To be honest, the fact we have so many, including myself, who rock up and buy memberships year after year is a bloody credit to all of us.

Time for all players to start earning their spots. Our VFL side won by 166 points, so there's no shortage of players to choose from.

What I really want to see is pride in the jumper. Get out there next week and show us that it hurts and that you actually care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish, for once, our coach would go of his nut and express our utter frustration, desperation and despair.

But, no, we hear the same tired excuses. "We have to get better" week after week. Of course we have to get better, we finished 15th last year and we're 2-4.

I'm glad our coach isn't a screamer like Malthouse, What is he suppose to say after a close loss. The only reason your frustrated is because the games are close, Remember we are supposed to be in a building phase, we are getting closer than most tipsters are predicting.

Preaching to the choir. We know Boyd is not a good kick but he gives everything he has. He missed a crucial goal, but he won't drop his head and mope around. What's done is done

I think at start of year many were thinking this was Boyd's last

What u have seen and the fact we clearly rely in him still means he has go at least go around again next year

You want it both ways though. You whinge about McCartney and the selection panel and then criticise Jones who suffered massively today as a result.

If you've got 50 years of knowing what a good footy player looks like why don't you criticise the ones in the middle that **** around with it, panic and don't give Jones and Crameri a chance, or the clowns that left Roberts out necessitating a move down back for Jones?

Fifty years experience and you can't see the failings of the team as a whole and the mistakes made on game day that are just keeping us out of winning a few more games - you'd rather howl down a 23 year old for being absolutely reamed by the selection committee and the match day coaching.
Where have I mentioned McCartney? No where. I haven't complained at all. A 23 year old. 23. Are you his dad or something, lol!

I'm glad our coach isn't a screamer like Malthouse, What is he suppose to say after a close loss. The only reason your frustrated is because the games are close, Remember we are supposed to be in a building phase, we are getting closer than most tipsters are predicting.
I tipped us to lose by 40+, lol; so Shame on me

Dickson was really good though, Koby pretty solid in patches
didn't release how much ball Dangerfield got and they still only win by 9 points

Hate to tell you guys but we are a bottom four side and there is very little pure coaching can do to get us out of it. I have been saying for about the last year that we are going to have a second dip once Murphy / Boyd / Cooney / Morris / Gia all go. Maybe it's better to get this period over and done with sooner rather than later?

I think we need to trade while some of our players still have value (not the ones mentioned above).
How can you like ten times over???

Mate, I sit on level 2 with the rest of the reserved seat ticket holders every week. Every week it's the same story. I'd say 3 out of every 5 of our supporters are utter trash. Finding a Dogs supporter that isn't a total half-wit or scrub is a very difficult task.
Well f(Y(Y(Y off. Everyone pays. Everyone has a righ to an opinion.

The last two seasons we were regularly clobbered by 60 plus points
Aside from the opening game at the subiaco sauna, this year we have been a threat to win every game we have played right up to late in the last quarter.

Any objective assessment would suggest that is some kind of improvement. So lets get a bit of a reality grip. There is clear progress amongst the playing group. The very fact we are arguing whether bontempelli, fletcher, Tutt, JJ, honey church should be playing is proof of the list improvement. Then there is Smith, Grant, Hrovat and others pushing their case.

Now the one thing which is worth criticising our coaching panel about is selection. This year is not consistent with the previous two. Somewhere along the line the MC have got it in to their head that playing 3 key defenders is unnecessary, playing two marking targets up forward is also to them an unnecessary luxury.

Someone needs to grab the MC by the nuts and explain to them that no body does this. Even hawthorn in the big finals had Lake, Gibson and Spanger and Up forward they had Roughy, Franklin, Hayle and Gunston.

This has now been going on all year, Wood playing on Cox! In the subiaco sauna and today we had to move our full forward to fullback whilst subbing Campbell leaving ourselves with no structure up forward and jones in a totally foreign position.

The last two seasons has seen Austin come in and do solid defensive jobs, if we are not going give Fletcher a chance then what is Austin doing on our list?

The selections are screwy across the board - see hunter, bontempelli

We now have our own VFL team, so tell me why would you not put Stringer back in the VFL and play him on the ball for 4 weeks and he will have the tank he needs - which is clearly all he needs to really impact games?

We seem to be neither in development mode nor in win at all costs mode. We are between and betwixt and if this continues he will lose his job.

Advice to BMAC - if your going to make these bizarre selections they need to be explained to your supporters when they backfire like they have been. Last week the match committee where made to look silly, this week was pure farce.

We are clearly not a top 8 team, and there is no excuse for lack of effort (which there was at times today), but there is absolutely no excuse for this match committee and the way it is hijacking our season. We have to at least give our 22 on the day a fighting chance by selecting a balanced and sensible team. The match ups and teams selected in rounds 1, 5 and 6 we're disgraceful. It's hard enough to win games with a developing team, let alone when the MC send them out there with one arm tied behind their backs.

I'm as filthy with McCartney and co as I've ever been I'm afraid.

You are absolutely right Fronk. We have looked unbalanced all year , and the only explanation I can come up with is we are experimenting with young players.
Ala Jong tagging Dangerfield , Stringer playing back .etc Or simply there is not much flexibility with whats available from the VFL side, considering the injury list.
If it is neither of those , then the match committee needs to make way for some of us ---- what are you doing Thursday night ?

We are clearly not a top 8 team, and there is no excuse for lack of effort (which there was at times today), but there is absolutely no excuse for this match committee and the way it is hijacking our season. We have to at least give our 22 on the day a fighting chance by selecting a balanced and sensible team. The match ups and teams selected in rounds 1, 5 and 6 we're disgraceful. It's hard enough to win games with a developing team, let alone when the MC send them out there with one arm tied behind their backs.

I'm as filthy with McCartney and co as I've ever been I'm afraid.

Couldnt agree more. I am happy with the path we are on as far as recruits, game style and building a team. I have been a fan of McCartney since I heard him at a function years ago. This morning I asked myself how can a selection panel expect Talia, Young and Wood handle Pods, Jenkins & Lynch. Sure enough all 3 had an impact and at minimum Jenkins was in the votes if not best on ground. We lost it at selection. If Roberts is not a better option than Young then why is he even on the list. This side I am confident will be okay, it lacks creativity and maybe the coach does too. Hats off to Wood though, putting a good stretch of footy together, happy to say i was wrong as he is becoming a reliable defender.

That's fine, but we get more than a fair share of cliches and little emotion, at least publicly.

I'm frustrated we can show excellent form in the first, go to sleep for two quarters and come to life in the last. How does that happen?

The poor attendance is a reflection of the frustration with our playing style. Simple as that. It's ugly and we're losing, so change it. We saw what happened last week when Malthouse released the shackles.

People can only take so much and when you've had three truly awful years, one flag in the last 60, two GF appearances with the last being 53 years ago, it wears people down.

To be honest, the fact we have so many, including myself, who rock up and buy memberships year after year is a bloody credit to all of us.

Time for all players to start earning their spots. Our VFL side won by 166 points, so there's no shortage of players to choose from.

What I really want to see is pride in the jumper. Get out there next week and show us that it hurts and that you actually care.

Small attendance is reflective of a 40% hike in the general admission for an adult and $9 sandwiches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, and last week I said the match ups were wrong and the coaching was ordinary. Have you ever admitted Macca doing anything right? He wasn't dropped, and to use one of your favourite terms that you use for subjective things, that's a fact. (When something is subjective it's not a fact, so instead of saying that's a fact when it's your opinion, maybe say it's my opinion, just some friendly advice from someone that barracks for the same club as you).
Well said, It is easy to blame the Coach when the team is losing, but you also don't see them give the coach credit when the team wins.

Probably unfair to say he cost us the game. His bonehead errors certainly put the nail in the coffin though. I'm a fan of Jones but he was dreadful today. I'm genuinely concerned how he gets back from this.
"yeah. Im sorry. i criticised jones. i lost the game for us. ..... christian saviour

Small attendance is reflective of a 40% hike in the general admission for an adult and $9 sandwiches.
doesn't help that the trains were a shambles either, had to catch a train, catch a bus, walk, catch a train to get to the game because
of works on the railroad that they said would be finished by this time, some people at my station with dogs jumpers even turned back around and went home
I only just get there for the start

Boyd would probably be leading our B and F wouldn't he??

I don't get the criticism he has NEVER been an elite kick

But never been as bad as some keep banging on about .
Anyone notice how many kicks Heppell stuffs up ? last time I saw an Essendon game in the space of 5 minutes , 4 clangers in a row.
But commentators still have an orgasm everytime he touches the ball , especially Bruce !

You are absolutely right Fronk. We have looked unbalanced all year , and the only explanation I can come up with is we are experimenting with young players.
Ala Jong tagging Dangerfield , Stringer playing back .etc Or simply there is not much flexibility with whats available from the VFL side, considering the injury list.
If it is neither of those , then the match committee needs to make way for some of us ---- what are you doing Thursday night ?
Just sitting at home posting on BF like a loser. Same old same old....

absolute crap. coaches need to give it to em when need be. if these guys are too young to hear the truth they are too young to be looking after their pay cheque.

That's fine, but we get more than a fair share of cliches and little emotion, at least publicly.

I'm frustrated we can show excellent form in the first, go to sleep for two quarters and come to life in the last. How does that happen?

It's not the coach that is on the field, miss kicking & fumbling & making bad decisions under pressure.

absolute crap. coaches need to give it to em when need be. if these guys are too young to hear the truth they are too young to be looking after their pay cheque.
But it's not the truth, it's just emotions on the part of the truth. The truth can be heard without having to scream at them and say stupid things, as Malthouse does and is criticised for. It gets you nowhere.

But it's not the truth, it's just emotions on the part of the truth. The truth can be heard without having to scream at them and say stupid things, as Malthouse does and is criticised for. It gets you nowhere.
Just like the last 2 Carlton games....

Just like the last 2 Carlton games....
I'm sure that Malthouse's childish temper tantrums had more to do with the results than the absence of Morris and Roughead in the Bulldogs game and the fact West Coast kicked 1.8 in the last quarter yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back