Autopsy Autopsy vs Crows - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I had training so only saw the last quarter and a bit. So yeah, a bit of a bummer.

From the little I saw

+

Bonar. Really liking what I am seeing from this guy. Didn't stop trying even though it was coming in like a hurricane.
Simpkin looked better this week to my eyes.
Larkey kicking some goals is a welcome change.
Effort that extended beyond quarter time/midway through the second quarter.

-

We looked D E A D on our feet in that last quarter. I don't know what that's about but it's not good enough. It wasn't just young guys.
Injured faaaaaark me dead how long was McDonald even in the game for? s**t.
If you're a below average team and you have a sniff in the fourth quarter of a game, you have to make better of the opportunities that LDU and Turner have. You just have to. You can tell me all you like about forward pressure, hassling blah blah blah... ANY player can do that. It requires no talent, all it requires is effort. If you can't bring anything but niggle like... you are taking the spot of someone better. Turner has to find a way to impact games. LDU NEEDS to just start nailing some of those key moments. CARRN

I have a question for any of our Stat's guru's, i see Atley is credited with 11 kicks and 7 handballs, and DE% of 83.3, does that mean that most of his handballs hit a target ? because i would swear that more of his kicks ended up in opposition's hands than team mates.
Im fairly sure if the kick isnt a clanger or to opposition advantage then its deemed effective. So if its a kick to a 50/50 and it results in a ball up, its deemed effective

Effort was there.
All Vic teams have been reamed by umpiring against non Vic teams this weekend.
Dont start mate! ... Umpires blew the whistle 53 times IIRC. That is TOO much. I was stumped as to why the whistle was called on so many occasions. Ive always said if its a 50/50 decision umps must put the bloody whistle away.. umpires characteristically blow early? Just impotent dogs, especially that Ray *******

Razor Ray visibly threw his head and arms back at an umpiring decision today and then proceeded to have a chat about it to the Adelaide ruckman.

5 minutes into the 2nd quarter, standing at CHF another ump gives Larkey a free 20m out.

Ray not only disagreed with the decision but then has a vigorous chat to O'brien about it off the ball.

Last quarter, Larkey pushed in the chest over backwards with two hands by a guy not looking at the ball and I think Ray paid a free against.

And the AFL will try and tell you this guy has no bias and is a professional.

Dont start mate! ... Umpires blew the whistle 53 times IIRC. That is TOO much. I was stumped as to why the whistle was called on so many occasions. Ive always said if its a 50/50 decision umps must put the bloody whistle away.. umpires characteristically blow early? Just impotent dogs, especially that Ray *******
I was watching as a neutral but was hoping north would win if that makes any sense.
Umpiring was shocking.
It was the ones that weren’t paid to
north that were the worst.
Like Friday night.

Ahhh.....that.s not what happened I don’t think......The wheelchair tennis player posted “even I could get a kick against North” or something like that and Durds went into bat for North and said something along on the lines of it being a pretty poor comment and cheap shot from a bloke who pushes equal opportunities for disabilities etc
That’s right, Durds was standing up for the club

Durdin was inexplicably still on the list from about 2018 onwards.

Not only that, he is now potting the players on Twitter comparing them to disabled athletes. This is a bloke whose career highlight is getting knocked out by Sandilands and big Sandi knocking himself out in the process, that’s literally it. His personality is below average even for a South Australian.

I thought durds was tweeting displeasure with that tweet. He was standing up for NMFC.

Razor Ray visibly threw his head and arms back at an umpiring decision today and then proceeded to have a chat about it to the Adelaide ruckman.

5 minutes into the 2nd quarter, standing at CHF another ump gives Larkey a free 20m out.

Ray not only disagreed with the decision but then has a chat to O'brien about it off the ball.

Last quarter, Larkey pushed in the chest over backwards by a guy not looking at the ball and I think Ray paid a free against.

We should protest and dismiss Mr Chamberlain from umpiring our games. I think he is bias and he impacts young umpires. Definitely needs to be removed from our games. I’d begin lobbying the AFL immediately

We should protest and dismiss Mr Chamberlain from umpiring our games. I think he is bias and he impacts young umpires. Definitely needs to be removed from our games. I’d begin lobbying the AFL immediately

So many total head scratchers today. He's way to involved in the theater of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben McKay ... me likey.

Good to see Cunnington back.
Goldy was great.
Bonar also good.
Lachie Young bounced back from last week’s game.
Stephenson was influential and should be used more when coming out of defence.
Tom Powell 👍👍
Jy was good.

Yeah Jy working back into some form a huge positive today. You could see the confidence building both individually and team wide in the third.

Since it wasn't answered in the other thread, I will ask here.

Why do players not get back quick enough, and far enough, from the man on the mark?

It's so idiotic. Such a basic fundamental, does my head in.

They stand there, 1-2 m from the opposition, like a stunned mullet.

Get back, for Christ sake. DO NOT give the opposition an opportunity to smother, ever.

Show some intensity with stagnant ball, in hand.

Been happening for a few years, it's not new. LDU and Cunners do it, a lot.

Genuinely don't get the Campbell hate. He's a VFL footballer but we looked so much better structurally - suddenly the opposition couldn't triple team Larkey and take a million intercept marks, and Goldy could actually go forward properly.

Obviously it's Xerri's spot long term but people just have a real prejudice to TC. He showed how weak Walker can be in the contest too.

Durdin was inexplicably still on the list from about 2018 onwards.

Not only that, he is now potting the players on Twitter comparing them to disabled athletes. This is a bloke whose career highlight is getting knocked out by Sandilands and big Sandi knocking himself out in the process, that’s literally it. His personality is below average even for a South Australian.
Dylan Alcott is void of any moral compass. He is an advocate for equality yet hinders his own affliction by allowing Morrison to wheel himself in a wheelchair when that government has squashed the NDIS scheme. Durdin is obviously aware of his hypocrisy and rightfully called him out on it. * Alcott. I dont give a rats toss bag if he’s in a chair, he sells out others needed palliative care under the bus. Wheel yourself over and....

Ray not only disagreed with the decision but then has a vigorous chat to O'brien about it off the ball.

Last quarter, Larkey pushed in the chest over backwards with two hands by a guy not looking at the ball and I think Ray paid a free against.

It’s time to have a chat about Ray Chamberlain, his bouncing is diabolical and he struggles to keep up with the play which impacts his ability to officiate.

About the only thing he’s good at is being confident enough to pay frees outside his zone because he’s not struggling 15m behind.

Overall jsut really pleased with the first three quarters, especially the parts of the second and all of the third where we straight up dominated possession and territory. Games like today are where you can see where the game plan is heading long term. I think it was also evident that we'd stopped trying to take the dangerous kick into the corridor at EVERY opportunity and held back to use it sparingly and occasionally. As a result it looked a lot better

Goldstein was BOG for mine and along with Hall and McKay probably the only one to play a full four quarters. Having Campbell in the team let us put him forward and his marking obviously kept us in a few forward thrusts, thus proving everyone's point that we just need a second KPF to sort us out. Ruckwork against two ruckmen was pretty good. He will ruin us when he retires, we'll never have anyone as good as him again. A colossus

Hall was fantastic, running with intent and straight at the goals whenever he had a chance. A full ground, full on full effort game. Was everywhere, chopping out at halfback, receiving handballs from Jy in the middle, running forward for goals. I think that's the best game he's played for the club and it'd be really nice if it was the standard from here on out

McKay I posted about in his thread but gave Tex the classic bath. The goals Tex did kick were from a Hayden brain fart and an iffy free kick on the boundary - other than that he got erased. I think you know you're going well as a defender if you lead your forward to the ball and mark essentially on the lead and McKay did that like two or three times today. He's really developing into a supreme defender and the obvious heir to Tarrant - his kicking is getting a lot better as well

Lazzaro only had <10 touches but you can just tell he cares. There's no bend or break with him, it's effort all the time. The hope and effervescence of youth I guess but he kept coming and presenting and harrassing and chasing. For a little fella he can stick a tackle as well. He has to be persisted with, he's too invested in being successful to drop him

Phillips had the standard and requisite three or four moments where I saw them and went yeah we're going to be fine. Exhibit A the pickup, step and bolt straight towards goal. Exhibit B the running banana (?) for your first goal. Exhibit C the kick across defensive goal at the Lockett end that brained I think Hall right between the hands - a bullet and took a lot of balls to pull it off. Exhibit D the clearance and kick to a leading forward that JUST got cut off - most would've thought he was aiming at the forward in front, but I reckon it was actually going to the one behind. It was impressive because he had about 0.5 of a second to pick up, turn, aim and execute, and but for a tiny little bit of a good defending it would have been a laser. Exhibit E the last quarter where he sat someone on their arse after they cleared a kick. The bloke went down and stayed down. Phillips turned and walked off. 18 years old. I loved when he grabbed the jumper, I'll love him forever. He has some work to do (missing the easy kick to Cunners on the lead in the last), but I also loved that he didn't think twice about using the left foot to try it. He'll be so good. Exhibit F a contest on the bench side wing where he managed to keep his feet and waltz through a pack. Should have been tackled, wasn't. * get on board

Powell will be an elite, 25+ touch average midfielder for 200-250 games. There is zero doubt in my mind. He's a football savant. No more needs to be said. I like that he is developing his defensive side - 8 tackles, and like Laz he's one who knows how to stick them for his size.

Bonar's defensive application on a player much bigger and stronger was phenomenal. I'm very glad he's fitting in and playing well. He should now be a mainstay back there for a long time

It’s time to have a chat about Ray Chamberlain, his bouncing is diabolical and he struggles to keep up with the play which impacts his ability to officiate.

About the only thing he’s good at is being confident enough to pay frees outside his zone because he’s not struggling 15m behind.

I hate the campaigner.

He's a little turd, who thinks he's a pit bull.

Little man syndrome.

FIGJAM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back