Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Geelong think so little of us that at one stage their starting midfield was Stanley/Bruhn/Dempsey/Atkins & they won the clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

I am finding it hard week after week to care. They can’t expect supporters to stick with them or get new ones. Nuffies like us will stick fat but you can’t expect kids to show any interest when you get belted every week year after year. I am not sure the club or the people running it see losing as a problem. For them it’s just enough to be around.
You think coaches, staff nmfc board are happy with losing? I think some of the players are content with getting a paycheck..

There is something seriously wrong with the player culture at this club.

Why the * does everyone still seem so happy? It has been the worst 4 year stretch of any club in recent history, yet players just keep re-signing. It's like none of the players have any ambition? They are all just happy turning up to their cosey enviroment, hanging with their mates and divvying up the $10m amongst each other.

We need to go robert walls on this group and have the 3 worst performers for the week beat down by the rest of their "mates".

There was a short kick form Corr that resulted in a turnover goal. It's 9.40 mins to go in the last, not sure if someone can put up the vision. Maybe giantroo
If you pause it before Corr kicks we have nowhere to go. Nobody works to create, No forwards push to get in position to make a contest, No players work to make space for a teammate. The Geelong setup is great, pretty much what we can't do when the opposition have the ball on a slow play.

The result, Corr tries to force a short kick and it's a shocking turnover with an easy run in goal.

The Simpkin incident was with 17.40 to go in second.
It's a knee to the head from Larkey, the vision doesn't show it all that well, but it was a big hit.

Thanks - the time stamp made this much easier to find.

You think coaches, staff nmfc board are happy with losing? I think some of the players are content with getting a paycheck..
Yeah personally I think they are all ok with losing. I am not even blaming them, they are doing their best. Financially we are no where near the best teams in the comp. The overall spending on infrastructure helps.

Keep BooJu in for the rest of the year!! played a great game for a first game late draft pick.

Bloody Paul Curtis annoys me too, not sure if he has only one speed(slow) or just doesnt have a tank yet!!

Glad North pays him 600k a year to play footy on the side and occasionally turn up and deliver.

Huff and puff for a quarter or 2 every other game. His selfishness in games this season has become a concern. It's not the boomer selfish either, it's trying to do too much, burning multiple teammates and then getting caught or missing a low percentage shot repeatedly.

At least he's perfected brisket for the lads and his insta followers
He's had more inside 50s and goal assists this season than ever and its noticeable that he's looking to give the ball off more than at any other time in his career.

Open your eyes.

He's had more inside 50s and goal assists this season than ever and its noticeable that he's looking to give the ball off more than at any other time in his career.

Open your eyes.
Nah. They're open. I can think of about 4 or 5 games this season where he's been overly selfish and cost us. He needs to become that consistent performer now that he's a leader and no longer a young player.

Last edited:
I'm not ITK, not well connected but do have a mate who knows a player. Heard some worrying things. It sounds a lot like the mid to senior players are just resigned to being sh!t and don't see it as their responsibility to improve things. As though they just happen to be unlucky to be there and can't do anything about it. Happy to have $10,000k plus put in their bank accounts each week though. There's a lot of going out, poor preparation before training , pretending to be earnest at the club but really not giving a rat"s. And apparently some really loose behaviour but that wasn't elaborated on. Not surprising though given how unfit we are. Then there's Sheezel, Wardlaw and some other kids being absolute professionals. So rifts at the club.
Taking this post in good faith it is as worrying a post as I have read. I hear some rumours about complacency and a lack of accountability and I suppose they link in with this. I don't know how true they are but it really does fit our current status. I am so disappointed with the total lack of improvement. We are at our lowest ebb and I am just not sure what is going to drive the change. Maybe Clarko back will be the difference. Hope so because if not, we are fugged for a long time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is something seriously wrong with the player culture at this club.

Why the * does everyone still seem so happy? It has been the worst 4 year stretch of any club in recent history, yet players just keep re-signing. It's like none of the players have any ambition? They are all just happy turning up to their cosey enviroment, hanging with their mates and divvying up the $10m amongst each other.

We need to go robert walls on this group and have the 3 worst performers for the week beat down by the rest of their "mates".

We've norfed Viney and Ratts and maybe even Clarko too

I'm not ITK, not well connected but do have a mate who knows a player. Heard some worrying things. It sounds a lot like the mid to senior players are just resigned to being sh!t and don't see it as their responsibility to improve things. As though they just happen to be unlucky to be there and can't do anything about it. Happy to have $10,000k plus put in their bank accounts each week though. There's a lot of going out, poor preparation before training , pretending to be earnest at the club but really not giving a rat"s. And apparently some really loose behaviour but that wasn't elaborated on. Not surprising though given how unfit we are. Then there's Sheezel, Wardlaw and some other kids being absolute professionals. So rifts at the club.
Bullshit.

Nah i could believe it, we have deep seeded cultural issues and have for quite some time.

All we can hope for is that Clarko swings the axe and makes changes - if you aren't serious about your footy or this club, * off.
I dont. I believe mentally the players are switched off as for the rest of it. Don’t believe it. The effort pre bye was awesome. Thats a load of hogwash

Nah i could believe it, we have deep seeded cultural issues and have for quite some time.

All we can hope for is that Clarko swings the axe and makes changes - if you aren't serious about your footy or this club, * off.
The cancer has spread to nearly all those players aged 25 plus at the club - certainly those that have been there since they got drafted.

Greenwood is one that at least looks interested and tries at all times; Shiels is a professional. The remainder of the 25's and over are happy to take their pay, turn up to work and move onto next week without a care in the world....'we know we aren't good enough..we do our best...hopefully a win comes soon......'

Clarko was our last chance to correct this malaise - he had the football cred to draw a line in the sand - but circumstances conspired against us there. Now it's a question of time - of turning over the bulk of the 25 plus older players as quickly as we can and getting the next generation in control.

This will take at least 3 years from here to turn around - and that won't get us anywhere near finals - that is just to 'rebuild' the club back in the right direction of being a professional competitive sporting organisation. Once we get back to that position we can start talking about finals in the 3-5 years after that.

The fact that we are still an uncompetitive leaderless rabble 4 years after the start of this rebuild is a horrible position for the club to be in but it reflects the cumulative impact of poor standards being accepted by the club, poorly qualified people in key positions and terrible mistakes made in drafting and recruitment.

We have done a lot right off field over the past 12 months - we now need to do the same on field and that unfortunately will just take a lot longer to achieve as we weed out the playing group in that 25 year plus age bracket.

Very worrying if true.

You hope the senior coaches etc weed out these guys & show them the door.

Time for players to decide if they want to be part of the problem or part of the solution.

Ours was the 80’s

Up and down like a yo yo with so many false dawn years but probably 1986 through to 1989 were blah years
Yep, same for me.

The main highlights during those years were watching the under 19s finishing on top & playing off in the GF.

Even though the seniors made the finals in 87, it's a game you would rather forget.

We've norfed Viney and Ratts and maybe even Clarko too

IY0L.gif

Exhibit A: North Melbourne Talent Vortex TM

Pre North:

1688963057589.jpeg

Post North:

1657594378-David-Noble.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back