Awesome movies thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watanabe Ken, Yakusho Koji, Sanada Hiroyuki, and that was off the top of my head. Just because you haven't jumped on somethings bandwagon doesn't mean it can't be world class you stupid racist. :rolleyes:

127,000,000 people isn't a bad fan base for a start :eek:

On what basis is my comment racist ???
I've had the misfortune to watch a lot of Arabic and Turkish and Middle Eastern films at home, and I wouldn't say most of them were great actors either ...

Lets just say I am not a fan of foriegn films generally, but my comment was not meant to be a slight against Japanese people in general, and if it was, I apologise, it's just that movies from Japan, all seem so cliched and I guess I don't think the english subtitles translates well with the Japanese language soundtrack.

i've seen some Anime/Manga as well from that country, some of that stuff, well I admit some of that stuff is great, but boy is it it weird

the missus watched it. Shed a tear or two. I only caught bits and pieces....looks soppy chick flick more than sports movie......my conclusion....steer clear.....go see the Hurt Locker instead

the missus watched it. Shed a tear or two. I only caught bits and pieces....looks soppy chick flick more than sports movie......my conclusion....steer clear.....go see the Hurt Locker instead

I saw The Hurt Locker... kind of wished I didn't

I just thought it was going to be a completely different movie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

V the series is on TV? Wow loved that show back in the day, have been watching some good stuff while laid up.

Having worked in American sports my opinion may be biased somewhat.

However, the Blind Side is a million times better than Hurt Locker.

HL was one of the worst winners of best picture in the history of the award. I understand why it was so critically acclaimed, but it wasn't the movie most people hype it up to be. Not by a long shot.

Blind Side was pretty soppy... However, the true life story of Oher is a tear jerker.

Definitely a story that needed to be told. (As was HL too, but I digress). So many kids are in Oher's position but they give up because they're constantly told that it's the impossible dream for them to achieve anything with their lives.

A lot of them end up on the suicide lists. Millions of others find themselves riddled drugs and prison sentences for various drug/money/rage fueled crimes.

Michael Oher breathes life and possiblity into the lives of millions of people not just in the United States but globally.

Blind Side was pretty soppy... However, the true life story of Oher is a tear jerker.

Definitely a story that needed to be told. (As was HL too, but I digress). So many kids are in Oher's position but they give up because they're constantly told that it's the impossible dream for them to achieve anything with their lives.

I hear of another sporting tear-jerker being in the pipeline right now.
It has the working title, "The Wayne Hughes Story"

Something about a recruiter for a major AFL club that gets pasted by his own at every turn.
It really is hard to believe how some can just go for the throat of their own at the drop of a hat and without any justification.

I'm tearing up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back