Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday night home game blinds are 6/12k

I am utg and I look down at AK spade I have a stack of 206k and am confused as to which way to play it. We are FT bubble

I decided to bet 76k thinking it might be enough to bully everyone

Utg2 jams their last 89k utg3 jams their 300k stack SB tanks and eventually folds BB folds as well and I figure wth and shove

Utg2 has JJ and utg3 has AA

Flop is 9, 10,Q ok now a jack which is slightly difficult as 2 are already out

Turn is a Q and a groan from SB

River is an 8 giving JJ a straight AA the rest of my chips after giving utg2 89k

SB folded 99 for a turned full house

Friday night home game blinds are 6/12k

I am utg and I look down at AK spade I have a stack of 206k and am confused as to which way to play it. We are FT bubble

I decided to bet 76k thinking it might be enough to bully everyone

Utg2 jams their last 89k utg3 jams their 300k stack SB tanks and eventually folds BB folds as well and I figure wth and shove

Utg2 has JJ and utg3 has AA

Flop is 9, 10,Q ok now a jack which is slightly difficult as 2 are already out

Turn is a Q and a groan from SB

River is an 8 giving JJ a straight AA the rest of my chips after giving utg2 89k

SB folded 99 for a turned full house
Pretty ugly spot with those stack sizes and blinds. I'd raise less, like 30k or even min-raise and see what happens.

If only smaller stacks play back at you then you can comfortably get it in. If you get action like you got then you could fold and still have 180k depending on how much credit you give UTG3 (you're never folding to UTG2). This is results oriented though; in most cases you're always getting it in with AKs and your stack size and just ran into a cooler.

How far off money bubble were you? Does making FT mean anything in your home game?

Pretty ugly spot with those stack sizes and blinds. I'd raise less, like 30k or even min-raise and see what happens.

If only smaller stacks play back at you then you can comfortably get it in. If you get action like you got then you could fold and still have 180k depending on how much credit you give UTG3 (you're never folding to UTG2). This is results oriented though; in most cases you're always getting it in with AKs and your stack size and just ran into a cooler.

How far off money bubble were you? Does making FT mean anything in your home game?
Yeah I figured I was pot committed at that raise size.

Ft is more bragging rights - money bubble was 4 left.

If I stack up there I feel good about making money

Played in a $350 event just recently. 989 runners and bubbled final table. If only I could have folded this hand...

View attachment 1949949
Can't do much unfortunately about that one Reg 😕

I got badly outboated on the river tonight with my most hated hand pocket 8s

I turned a set, then rivered a boat when the board paired 9s, bloke has 98 for a bigger boat (case 8 on the turn)

Did I say previously that pocket 8s are the worst?
Like seriously

Short stacked and have to rip it with them, called by any 2 broadways, they always hit

I have such a better hold ratio with 6s and 7s, sometimes I nail a set with 7s, but 8s, nope, never bail me out at risk and the even more infuriating thing with that hand is I always get stacked by it when I had AK/AQ etc like the other week when UTG donkey limp jams on me when I have AK and a ton of equity to get there by the river

Like seriously

Short stacked and have to rip it with them, called by any 2 broadways, they always hit

I have such a better hold ratio with 6s and 7s, sometimes I nail a set with 7s, but 8s, nope, never bail me out at risk and the even more infuriating thing with that hand is I always get stacked by it when I had AK/AQ etc like the other week when UTG donkey limp jams on me when I have AK and a ton of equity to get there by the river
I love 88. They quadded up for me in the APL Million and I got somebody to call an all-in bet on the river (with them at risk) with A high. 😝🥳

I love 88. They quadded up for me in the APL Million and I got somebody to call an all-in bet on the river (with them at risk) with A high. 😝🥳
I made quads with them 2 nights in a row earlier in the year

Now back to getting royally screwed over by them (reckon I've whinged about them for at least 4 years)

Did you cash in the million by the way?

I won a ticket last year, sold it for $1100

I made quads with them 2 nights in a row earlier in the year

Now back to getting royally screwed over by them (reckon I've whinged about them for at least 4 years)

Did you cash in the million by the way?

I won a ticket last year, sold it for $1100
Cashed small, a little over $4K.

Cashed small, a little over $4K.
Better than nothing mate

There's some players who buy multiple tickets to that, play multiple flights, try and take the biggest stack through to day 2. Not exactly a fan of that structure, seeing they'd forfeit chips from other flights

Rebuy bullets for sure, but can only rebuy once you've been stacked. I'm pretty sure APL wants the Jackstar to be their premier event eventually though.

Speaking of APL

Thoughts on rebuy/add on style turbos? Like 50k start, 50k add on, or 75 + 75, 50 + 100 etc?

But yeah, I do not perform well in them, chip up card and freezeout are the only 2 formats I cash in. I've tried treating them similarly to chip up games, but I just do not get the run good, or I fall behind when the blinds go up due to them being deeper stacked, just trying to figure out best how to approach them.

The Lady Perrin has granted me leave to tick the WSOP main event off my bucket list, tickets to Vegas has been secured.

Zach Galifianakis The Hangover Movie GIF by filmeditor

The Lady Perrin has granted me leave to tick the WSOP main event off my bucket list, tickets to Vegas has been secured.

Zach Galifianakis The Hangover Movie GIF by filmeditor
Well done thats brilliant - keep us updated

Oh and here is my reaction

wE66cF.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final table blinds 30/60k I have 100k and see 55

Utg bets 60k min chips I'm in the cutoff + all in

SB folds BB has another 40k to call and does and utg also calls 330k in front of me

Flop is 10,3,Q - utg bets 60k and BB folds saying you better not be on a draw

Utg turns over KJ - yep on a draw

6 on the turn

A on river to complete the draw and I bubble the money

Didn't take a chance Sunday night at the final table with J9 and only 3 bbs left (300k) in middle position and it would've been good and knocked out the short stack in the BB alas he doubled up, so I had to rip it blind UTG as the TD kept dealing suckouts and my 300k would've been gone by my SB, walked into 7s which held and bubbled for the money

Went with my gut last night though, folded ace rag/pocket 5s a few times when I would've been dominated, had way worse cards to play with but still found a way to take a 2 way chop, only needed to suckout once on the bubble (QT vs AQ hit trip tens), every time I had 2 broadway's I won those hands. Other players just didn't play it well enough and bled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back