Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone play pub poker with World Pro Poker?

I've only played APL in Melbourne, but my nearest game seems to have disappeared.

Any differences or anything I need to be aware of with World Pro? I guess their website doesn't give me great confidence in it being very professional, their site is rubbish.

Been years since I played live poker, probably pre COVID shut-down.

Had a home game the other night, I raised then was 3 bet then shoved over the top, playing with some loose any 2 cards types so I knew my range was ahead, it was QQ (me) vs 77 vs 33, easily the best hand pre so I made the correct read, pocket 3s guy flopped quads lol, trippled up and knocked me out.

Nice mate, no one really plays in my family, I taught my brothers, but they'll only feel like playing once a year or so.

Yeah it's about 25km for my closest games.

It's fairly convenient having venues close to the freeway that I run somewhat normally at that has me returning regularly.

That bogey region the closest venue is 25km from me too, their Sunday night game is my historical best performer in that area, so I might only make an allowance for that game and scrap basically everything else out that way. This year I played it 16 times for 3 final tables and 2 cashes, but I bubbled for the FT or just missed it like 5-6 times on top of that (I was blinded out like 4 times and 2 others copped bad beats) and it averages about 70 players a week so it's not easy but I find a way to be competitive every 2nd week it seems, every other game I played out there 27 times for zilch return though. Actually just did the math, 16 buy ins is $400, I made $530, $130 up, lol, it felt like a loss tbf seeing how bad every other game was out there.
And yeppppp, get my 1st win of the year in that particular game, 3 handed with about 500k left 100-200kbbs I got a very lucky runner runner straight all in at risk with J9 vs AK, flop was like K85 rainbow, I call for a 10 on the turn for a sweat, the 10 of hearts comes for the one time open ender and I bink the queen on the river, left him with **** all but he got a double up the next hand on the chip leader. Then I picked up queens on my next BB vs K7 which was the 1st of 3 strategically timed flips in a row against the chip leader to take him out, folded a few blinds heads up as he had a habit of regularly raising on my blind, but I got the better of him across 100-200k/150-300k.

16 buy ins accounted for, I just don't get why I run so bad in that regions other games though.

Does anyone play pub poker with World Pro Poker?

I've only played APL in Melbourne, but my nearest game seems to have disappeared.

Any differences or anything I need to be aware of with World Pro? I guess their website doesn't give me great confidence in it being very professional, their site is rubbish.
A few of my mates do

Some games seem to be chip up/stamp card games, from what I've heard some pubs are very strict and make players buy the max to get their chip ups.

I think they offer higher rankings points per game also, APL starts at final 16 (final 2 tables) for half the field, WPP seems to have a far higher points structure.

APL used to give 10 points to every runner not making final two tables. Then 10+ runners until FT where it's 30+ runners accumulating until 1st gets 120+
It's

1st = 125 + the field
2nd = 100 + the field
3rd = 75 + the field
4th = 50 + the field
5th = 40 + the field
6th = 30 + the field
7th = 20 + the field
8th = 10 + the field
9th = 10 + half the field
10th-16th = half the field

Put $25 on my ignition account Thursday Played a few hours got the balance up to $60.

Quite happy with that...

On Sunday ended up doing 3 tornys (on ignition) and made the money on all 3 (including 1 final table 7th) and 40th in one torny from 1100ish
people to get my bank roll up over $200.
only small buy in's ($4,$7 and $9)

but happy i have given my self a little bit of money to play with and hopefully continue to build.

I think I need to stop playing online, I just don’t really trust it.

Maybe it’s just a run of bad luck, cos I’ve won decent money with ignition before. But over the last 2 weeks? I feel like I’m playing opponents who are playing a different game, your pocket AAs/KKs never hold up cos people invest stupid amounts riding their flush/straight draws to the river.

I’m fortunate that my gameplay seems to lend itself well to bounty games, it means I don’t get knocked out broke from many games.

I think I need to stop playing online, I just don’t really trust it.

Maybe it’s just a run of bad luck, cos I’ve won decent money with ignition before. But over the last 2 weeks? I feel like I’m playing opponents who are playing a different game, your pocket AAs/KKs never hold up cos people invest stupid amounts riding their flush/straight draws to the river.

I’m fortunate that my gameplay seems to lend itself well to bounty games, it means I don’t get knocked out broke from many games.

I was reading about the GG scandal, so many pros push GG and pokerstars i'm not sure what other options there are.

I havn't played online in years (pokerstars account still has 55centsUSD :p) but just recently just picked up live games again with WPP and APL.

I was thinking about getting back into the online real money games with ignition but have been cautious. They seem to be the only viable option.

I don't know if using a VPN and online wallet with GG, PS or other sites is viable. My concern is if you win some decent amount of money and they require ID for you to cash out. Then your pretty much screwed.

Uggh AK

Blinds 5/1k last hand before rebuy. In the BB with AK

Lady who shoved the last 3 hands with any single picture shoved 29k - I have 54k - SB tanks then calls her.

I shove he calls

3 way all in with AK A5Suited and shover with Q2

Binks a 2 on the flop which holds and I pick up A5 10k

Ok it happens

Blinds are now 1/2k and utg with AK I raise to 6k.

Everyone folds to shove Lady who raises to 12. With 25ish left I jam and she calls with 77

Ok I'm live as they say until it runs out dry for me and she takes all my chips

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uggh AK

Blinds 5/1k last hand before rebuy. In the BB with AK

Lady who shoved the last 3 hands with any single picture shoved 29k - I have 54k - SB tanks then calls her.

I shove he calls

3 way all in with AK A5Suited and shover with Q2

Binks a 2 on the flop which holds and I pick up A5 10k

Ok it happens

Blinds are now 1/2k and utg with AK I raise to 6k.

Everyone folds to shove Lady who raises to 12. With 25ish left I jam and she calls with 77

Ok I'm live as they say until it runs out dry for me and she takes all my chips
How do think AK felt here...

QQ All in.jpg

First-

KJ suited (spades) -raised
Flop- Qs 10d 7s -bet
Turn- 4s - gives me king high flush... I bet big stack shoved all in.... I call.
He has pocket 7's (dumb ass me thinks yes!)
River- 10

Gives him the full house and I'm out.

Rebut 😐

Second:

I have pocket Q's raise
Different big stack shoves... * sake.
I call. Pocket 7's again 😐

Flop we all missed... Turn we missed... River a 7

Ahh come on 😡

First-

KJ suited (spades) -raised
Flop- Qs 10d 7s -bet
Turn- 4s - gives me king high flush... I bet big stack shoved all in.... I call.
He has pocket 7's (dumb ass me thinks yes!)
River- 10

Gives him the full house and I'm out.

Rebut 😐

Second:

I have pocket Q's raise
Different big stack shoves... * sake.
I call. Pocket 7's again 😐

Flop we all missed... Turn we missed... River a 7

Ahh come on 😡
Couple of coolers there, nothing you could've done to avoid going broke.

Playing Monday night blinds are 5/1k and people are shoving for the rebuy

I have 100k and this guy has shoved twice with Arag and does so again for 25k - folds to me and my AK in the SB - I jam and its heads up

Turns over AT and proudly declares '' I might be behind but I'' ll be in front on the flop'' yeah ok boomer

Flop KTT - ok ok you got me

Turn is a 6

And of course the River is my beloved 3rd K to send him to the rebuy table

But full credit to him when he finished 2nd with his next stack and I bubbled FT

Had a good little run first 4 weeks of the year I played, now back to absolutely trash where I'm card dead or getting sucked out on the regular again

I think from the last few games I cared about

Sunday lost with aces to AT in a 3 way all in at 3-6kbbs. Short stack min raises to 12k, button calls, I rip 151k in the SB to isolate the initial raiser who I know will call, ATh makes a **** it I'll gamble call out of the BB, short stack also all in here with TT who was the initial raiser who I targeted, button open folds AQos. KJ flop, river Q 🤬🤬🤬 left me with 18k and was out 2 hands later

Wednesday missing flops at the crunch or facing multiple all ins after I opened from early position with solid hands (AT/AJ/7s etc), I was making correct laydowns but boy they hurt the stack in a deepstack 150k game, went from over 400k to 125k quickly, did have 205k but was blinded down at 20-40kbbs, put it in with 9s in the cut-off, both blinds call as I have 0 fold equity and get done on the river by a straight with 56, big game final 3 tables

Thursday card dead galore, was able to win a key all in, but couldn't win a flip to take the short stacks out afterwards and tried the UTG no look rip, I was live the whole way at least but couldn't hit a pair, big game final 3 tables here too

Tonight, rebuy game, called for my rebuy start of the 2nd level, got it in with two pair vs top top on the turn, this particular player always overvalues the strength of his holdings so it was a snap call by me on the turn, I get counterfeited on the river and left with crumbs, proceeded to play like a nit and folded most hands (was getting not much anyway and when I did always whiffed), got it in another 3 times everytime ahead until I was busted at 10-20kbbs

I think I'm dealing with the tilt better, but boy this run is frustrating, I don't think I'm making many mistakes either, Thursday and tonight for example I could've been out way earlier but I kept my focus and looked for good spots to try and win at bingo, but anyways, I don't think I'll play as much in March, just keep it to Saturday and Sunday with maybe a Thursday or Friday here and there.

Counterfeiting ended my night last week - against my brother

Card dead but holding on type of night and last 11 looking for a double up UTG I look at A2 at 4/8k and only 38k left. My hand shakes as I lay it down wondering if it is the correct play

It limps through ffs and I get to see the flop of 922

Deep breath and I am BB with 8k out front and 30k behind and lo and behold A5 - ok lets see a fl- oh my brother raises the button to a min click. Oh well this is it because I cant limp. All In

He calls and shows AJ to my A5

Flop A5T - bewdy

Turn 7

River 7 and the J plays

Counterfeiting ended my night last week - against my brother

Card dead but holding on type of night and last 11 looking for a double up UTG I look at A2 at 4/8k and only 38k left. My hand shakes as I lay it down wondering if it is the correct play

It limps through ffs and I get to see the flop of 922

Deep breath and I am BB with 8k out front and 30k behind and lo and behold A5 - ok lets see a fl- oh my brother raises the button to a min click. Oh well this is it because I cant limp. All In

He calls and shows AJ to my A5

Flop A5T - bewdy

Turn 7

River 7 and the J plays
Would of hurt even more cos it was ya brother 😜

My brother plays when he has time (truck driver so not very often) but when it's me vs him we love to take each other out ect... We do support each other and if I don't win I hope he does and same goes for him.. but the brother rivalry is well and truly alive between us... In a fun way and quite often we play better when we are both on the same table... 🤔 More focused maybe... 🤷‍♂️

Sunday lost with aces to AT in a 3 way all in at 3-6kbbs. Short stack min raises to 12k, button calls, I rip 151k in the SB to isolate the initial raiser who I know will call, ATh makes a **** it I'll gamble call out of the BB, short stack also all in here with TT who was the initial raiser who I targeted, button open folds AQos. KJ flop, river Q 🤬🤬🤬 left me with 18k and was out 2 hands later
AT needs to buy a lottery ticket after that. Separately dominated by both opponents and pulls out a win.

AT needs to buy a lottery ticket after that. Separately dominated by both opponents and pulls out a win.
I would've had 350k+ and in a strong position for the night approaching the 2nd break seeing it's only a 75k game.

Instead it's crumbs and I'm out 2 hands later

I did final table tonight though, but missed the money, could've pulled the trigger a few times and called off short stack jams and would've been good if I did, would have gotten me into a better chip position for the FT, but anyways, I'm aware of my flaws at the moment, though it would be good if I could win more flips/best hand pre holds more.

Final game of the season and I am sitting ok but can be caught.

This is for credit at any spt tournament. The night started with 8 in contention for 2jd and 3rd as top is locked up.

I make final table. I have 2 that can overtake me and push me out of credits. Couple of short stack

Bang closest rival is out. Top 3 locked in.

I have been card dead on final table until blinds are 30/60 and utg. AT I shove. Fold fold fold cut off jams and it's us two

Worst thing is they need to win to knock me off.

Pocket AA v AT and of course they hold

But a quick calculation sees me have enough for top 2 and $600 in credits

Final game of the season and I am sitting ok but can be caught.

This is for credit at any spt tournament. The night started with 8 in contention for 2jd and 3rd as top is locked up.

I make final table. I have 2 that can overtake me and push me out of credits. Couple of short stack

Bang closest rival is out. Top 3 locked in.

I have been card dead on final table until blinds are 30/60 and utg. AT I shove. Fold fold fold cut off jams and it's us two

Worst thing is they need to win to knock me off.

Pocket AA v AT and of course they hold

But a quick calculation sees me have enough for top 2 and $600 in credits
Well done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back