Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Won a satellite ticket into Monster Stack event today

Up and down and up in the BB playing 1k/2k/2k ante = 5Q with the Queen being a club

UTG min raises to 4k (which at the table could have been anything )

Another 2 callers plus myself topping up my BB

Flop is K33 with 2 clubs. Checks all round

Turn is 7 clubs - I check my Q ok lets see the bet

4k - fold fold and I figure its worth a look at a river

A clubs you bewty nut flush fluked

I bet 10k and they jam over the top for 48k - I have them covered and I tank - my original thought was I hate the 33s - I then thought he has gone hard on the A so maybe AK - more tanking and analysing pre-flop bet, check, small bet , big bet runout I lock into AK and call

He had KK for a flopped Boat
I played the Monster Stack today too. You should have said hello. Or maybe you did. :think:

Won a satellite ticket into Monster Stack event today

Up and down and up in the BB playing 1k/2k/2k ante = 5Q with the Queen being a club

UTG min raises to 4k (which at the table could have been anything )

Another 2 callers plus myself topping up my BB

Flop is K33 with 2 clubs. Checks all round

Turn is 7 clubs - I check my Q ok lets see the bet

4k - fold fold and I figure its worth a look at a river

A clubs you bewty nut flush fluked

I bet 10k and they jam over the top for 48k - I have them covered and I tank - my original thought was I hate the 33s - I then thought he has gone hard on the A so maybe AK - more tanking and analysing pre-flop bet, check, small bet , big bet runout I lock into AK and call

He had KK for a flopped Boat
Whenever you have the nut four-card flush and get raised on the river you are never good. Think about it - he doesn't have the Qc and would therefore be worried about you having it, unless he has it beat.

Different when it's only 3 flush cards on the board amd it's therefore harder for either of you to have a flush.

Probably going to have a break for November or play just once a week, just over all the bad beats last few weeks, feels like I'm lighting cash on fire

Played 2 games last night (main game then secondary), main game I'd have top pair/kicker or bottom 2 mown down by any type of draw, runouts were absolutely ridiculously bad, I bet when ahead they chase they get there I pay them off half the time, didn't win a hand postflop. Secondary game more of the same but I got away from alot of hands early enough, made a straight on the river one hand and doubled up past start stack for the first time for the night then a few hands later get it in with queens vs 6s dealing my own fate and yeppppp.....6 right in the window and I see a 5 below it and decide to just run it out as I know there's no paint coming.

Probably will mainly play for just rankings in smaller field games next year I'd say, just trying to work out what's the best bang for my buck I can get out of my pub poker as currently I ain't getting it.

Yep, definitely have to have at least 2 weeks off

Ran somewhat normally at a different venue last night, until I get 3 outed AJ vs KJ come bingo time

Play my regular Friday double that I haven't been able to do because of work, 1st game normal, no bad beats just 0 card quality when I needed it, 2nd game running normally, get black kings in the BB at 2-4k with like 5 limpers already, raise to 30k, 2 callers

Flop T97 with 2 clubs, SB checks, I rip it for about 120k, UTG folds, SB a beginner who calls with any 2 cards thinks for a minute, gets egged on by drunk guy not in the hand to call, makes a crying call with JT and goes on to hit his gutter on the river, I give drunk guy a lecture about influencing the hand and storm out

******* bullshit how bad I'm running last few weeks

Blinds 5/10k I was small blind... 1 guy called before it got to me... I had A♥️Q♣️Pushed all in for 45k BB folded... The previous caller called me with J♦️8♣️

flop A♦️5♥️ 6♦️ sweet hit my A
Turn 10♦️ 🤨
River 5♦️oh get ****ed.
I hear ya man

I'm just going to play through my rut at 1 particular venue where I can handle the bad beats as I get along with most of the guys there, I've won a couple of times at this place so I know it'll swing eventually, just don't know when.

Said I'd have 2 weeks off, but it's hard staying at home, so last night was my only game of the week.

Early on picked up red jacks in the BB, raised to 6k to punish the limpers, just the button calls, safest looking board for jacks being 885, I rip it as I have just over a pot size stack left not expecting to call for my chip up as I've put him on broadway cards, bloke says sorry I have to call, I feel he's binked 5s full here, nope he has 78 for trips, called a big raise with that...I really do not know when an overpair will hold, all these 4 to 1 favourites I'm picking up getting mown down. I also don't want to be an absolute pussy like some fish out there who never raise with good holdings because they went on a similar run and had their aces or kings cracked, but geez how many more do I have to cop this season? Did the maths from games played, I've copped 5 really bad ones this season with pocket pairs (aces once, kings once, queens twice, jacks once) all have been in this 4 week rut, not including other bad beats I've copped or flips lost.

Ended up running into kings again when I had AK, man that's happened so often to me this year too when short stacked and have to push, I haven't sucked out once in that scenario either, yet all sorts of inferior holdings have rolled me when the shoe is on the other foot, had another straight draw come in plus the 3 aces but it bricked

Took me a 14 game rut over 5 weeks to final table again, haven't cashed in 6 weeks (16 games), Tuesday and Fridays games were an improvement though, I think the Tuesday game I identified some spots I was either bleeding chips or not taking opportunities to punt/bluff. Friday I implemented these well and finally won a few flips too, even annoyingly laid down a big flush draw where I would've scooped on the river, up against 2 straights, but I'd have only been a 14% chance at risk with just the river to come and another 7% of a chop, so I don't think I was getting the right odds in the end.

I unfortunately final tabled when I started crushing the 2nd last table, so I only had 4x starting stack, could've been 6-7x if I had another level and get me into a winning position, alas I picked up AQ 1st hand of the FT, picked up the blinds then went completely card dead and had to put it in with Q7 in the SB 6 handed with 175k left at 50/100kbbs (had to fold hand before in the BB facing all ins at risk, short stacks won that)

Blinds are 5/1 and I am in the BB with TJ off

4 callers and the flop is 789H - yeow flopped the straight.

Checks to me and I consider a bet but check.

AC on the turn and checks to me and I bet 2k. Still worried about the hearts.

HJ raises to 5 and it's him and me as I call.

River is J heart

I check and HJ checks and turns over 56H for the flopped straight flush. He didn't bet as he was worried about me having a T heart.

I did indeed have a red ten

Of diamonds

Blinds are 5/1 and I am in the BB with TJ off

4 callers and the flop is 789H - yeow flopped the straight.

Checks to me and I consider a bet but check.

AC on the turn and checks to me and I bet 2k. Still worried about the hearts.

HJ raises to 5 and it's him and me as I call.

River is J heart

I check and HJ checks and turns over 56H for the flopped straight flush. He didn't bet as he was worried about me having a T heart.

I did indeed have a red ten

Of diamonds
I had an interesting TJo hand myself last week. I just sat down at the table, UTG and was still sorting out my chips, so I threw out a call because I always like to play my first hand. Ten high flop on a dry board. Villain leads out, I look at my cards and call. Ten on the turn, I check, villain fires again and I call. Brick river, I check to the aggressor and he bets $800 (4xBB). I go to call with 1 blue and 3 black chips. Trouble is, the blue chips which were $500 in a previous game are now $5K in this game. Dealer enforces the raise and villain goes all-in. I think "WTF just happened?", make the call and villain rolls over KT. 🤦‍♂️ I really should have slept in.

I had an interesting TJo hand myself last week. I just sat down at the table, UTG and was still sorting out my chips, so I threw out a call because I always like to play my first hand. Ten high flop on a dry board. Villain leads out, I look at my cards and call. Ten on the turn, I check, villain fires again and I call. Brick river, I check to the aggressor and he bets $800 (4xBB). I go to call with 1 blue and 3 black chips. Trouble is, the blue chips which were $500 in a previous game are now $5K in this game. Dealer enforces the raise and villain goes all-in. I think "WTF just happened?", make the call and villain rolls over KT. 🤦‍♂️ I really should have slept in.
I feel you.

I appreciate the different chip sets but you do need to be aware of what you have in front of you

Old mate 56 made 2 similar mistakes - 1 for 1600 on an 800 ie switched his chip colours 1 x 5 and 3 x 1 for 3 x 5 and 1 x 1 and then threw out 2 x 5k chips for a 2k bet - because he didnt verbalise and had previously made the mistake the table let him put the correct chip out.

Good luck on the felt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel you.

I appreciate the different chip sets but you do need to be aware of what you have in front of you

Old mate 56 made 2 similar mistakes - 1 for 1600 on an 800 ie switched his chip colours 1 x 5 and 3 x 1 for 3 x 5 and 1 x 1 and then threw out 2 x 5k chips for a 2k bet - because he didnt verbalise and had previously made the mistake the table let him put the correct chip out.

Good luck on the felt
Cheers, you too. Playing a freeroll tonight for points only because Tassie gov has re-interpreted the merch purch deal as no bueno and all paid entry games are now suspended. :mad: Leaderboard still has two weeks to run.

Currently ordering a table for home games.

Cheers, you too. Playing a freeroll tonight for points only because Tassie gov has re-interpreted the merch purch deal as no bueno and all paid entry games are now suspended. :mad: Leaderboard still has two weeks to run.

Currently ordering a table for home games.
Had a whisper about something like this last night. Hahndorf is associated with Bullets Poker from Tassie which is why it came up

Last night was the last night of the season as we head into the weeks tournament for SPT so I assume I will hear more of this

Had a whisper about something like this last night. Hahndorf is associated with Bullets Poker from Tassie which is why it came up

Last night was the last night of the season as we head into the weeks tournament for SPT so I assume I will hear more of this
I'm sitting 4th, so aiming to earn a spot over there.

Came 3rd Friday night, 18 games without a cash brought to a halt

Only got $100 (3 buy ins basically), but better than nothing, was probably the most aggressive I played for in a while and my stack fluctuated big time either side of the 2nd break and throughout the final table trying to eliminate a few (busted 4 for the night), got a few bluffs at the right time through including a whiffed 72 in the BB where I had no choice to bet 120k on the river to get the 200k in the middle from the SB. Could've came 2nd if I folded one or 2 spots early at the FT, but only $50 difference there, I played to win, though the way the cards fell I wasn't beating the winner for the night. Was nice finally having some FT preflop equity to work with, picked up a few suited connectors in the blinds, AJ, KJ, AT, KT kind of holdings where I opened and took the blinds down etc.

Monday night poker I finished 3rd after starting final table utg with 3 BB

The last hand of the night blinds 100/200k heads up average stack 1.35m on table - there is a chop agreement in place

Photo is back to front and flop is 556

PXL_20231204_132923745~2.jpg

The other night in poker was given some stick (not that I care) but I'll ask U guys anyways.

I'm SB. UTG raises...next 3 to act all push all in (the 1 guy had me covered).. I have pockets (jacks) i think about it.... Fold. The original raiser (UTG) pushes all in as well (which I expected him to)

Now... My thought process was... To many people... Jacks are good... But will they hold?

Less people I shove.

Now... Jack came out on flop.. I would of won... But.. I believe my decision was correct..(kinda) lol 🤔 but hindsight is a wonderful thing 😉

Last edited:
None had pockets.. was KQ,A10 ect..

Was pissed off with my self for awhile for not calling (did close my eyes take a few deep breaths) but decided folding in that position
That early in the torny blinds were around 1k/2k
Was the correct thing to do...

The other night in poker was given some stick (not that I care) but I'll ask U guys anyways.

I'm SB. UTG raises...next 3 to act all push all in (the 1 guy had me covered).. I have pockets (jacks) i think about it.... Fold. The original raiser (UTG) pushes all in as well (which I expected him to)

Now... My thought process was... To many people... Jacks are good... But will they hold?

Less people I shove.

Now... Jack came out on flop.. I would of won... But.. I believe my decision was correct..(kinda) lol 🤔 but hindsight is a wonderful thing 😉
As always, "it depends". What were the stack sizes of the 3 all ins? If they are short stacked it widens their range and makes a loss less damaging to you => tend towards a call.

Also how much does UTG cover you by and how wide is his opening range? If he doesn't cover by much he'd be scared of your call and is probably only calling KK+ if he's smart.

In general though I would fold, hope UTG calls and knocks all 3 of them out.

APL Crazy Pineapple tournament blinds are 600/1200 with a 1200 ante just under starting stack and faffing about on shitty chairs at a crowded table and an aching back.

Tspade KQhearts in the SB to a 3k raise on the button I call as does BB

Flop 9Jhearts and 2 discard Ten button checks and I do and BB bets 7k button and I call.

Turn is 6 spade check check BB 12k button folds. And I figure I have enough outs and I shove - there is an element of * it but a good pot will ease some back pain.

BB calls and turns over J2 for 2 pair

5 spade river and I head home

APL Crazy Pineapple tournament blinds are 600/1200 with a 1200 ante just under starting stack and faffing about on shitty chairs at a crowded table and an aching back.

Tspade KQhearts in the SB to a 3k raise on the button I call as does BB

Flop 9Jhearts and 2 discard Ten button checks and I do and BB bets 7k button and I call.

Turn is 6 spade check check BB 12k button folds. And I figure I have enough outs and I shove - there is an element of * it but a good pot will ease some back pain.

BB calls and turns over J2 for 2 pair

5 spade river and I head home
You were always going broke on that flop, but I don't know what you're representing with the CRAI on a blank turn? Just do it on the flop when you have more fold equity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back