Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes you've just gotta close the online poker program and walk away for a while.

In the last 2 days:
  • I had what I thought was a nut flush rolled by a straight flush
  • my pocket A's-cum-A's full of K's was rolled by 4 Ks
  • I flopped a straight, my all in was called by absolutely nothing, and then he hit runners for a flush.

We all rightfully bemoan about getting rivered by two-outers or trash somehow getting there over a premium but sometimes the gods smile on you.

On the weekend, I flopped the nut flush with an inside blocker to a straight flush in a three-handed pot. First-to-act donk led on every street and was min-raised each time by the next-to-act. I smooth called each time before jamming the river, while still holding the nuts, and both players called.

Flush over flush over straight.

Normal transmission about coolers and bad beats will resume when I next hit the felt.

No bad beats... did play 2 of the pub games last night... (tired today)

7th from 49 (top 5 cashed) and
4th from ? (top 3 cashed)

Not gonna play the late game again.. bloody tired didn't get home till nearly 1:30 but was enjoying playing and felt good ..
That's me this season

Though with the bad beats

I need to report a crime

Home game with a nice 300k stack 7 left paying top 4 and a few shortstacks blinds 8/16k

Look down at Aces UTG and raise to 72 with the intention of calling any jam get 1 caller BB shortstack who shoves and I add the 27k to play

AToff v Red Aces

JQ on flop and my heart sinks as I wait for it

I had to wait for the River K to double up shortstack

Ok it happens

Blinds are now 12/24 and I have AA again and again I raise to 72 player to my immediate left jams his last 135k and I snap him

AA v AQclubs

Flop T7 diamonds and 2 of clubs

Turn 7 Clubs

Sigh

River is the J clubs and I lose another one

Blinds are now 20/40 and I have JQh and I shove my last 75k and get a double up through trip Jacks - yay

Couple of hands later I have AKo and shove my now 170k stack and get called by KJ and I immediately say J on River

And yes I was correct and I finished 6th

While its a gut punch I was calm enough as I recognise I have also dealt out bad beats like that at these games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blinds 10k 20k I'm BB... I raise to 75k all in with AK suited... Get called by A3

😐😑😐 Dude hits the 3...
I played Monday Wednesday Friday this week, made 2 final tables there, wake up with good hands FT all in albeit short stacked after being blinded down

AK vs T4 and QQ vs AQ

T4 makes 2 pair on the turn turning me dead though he was priced in to call, AQ hits every stinking ****** ace in the deck by the river... I min cashed busting out with the AK on Monday, but boy that run reeked, even Wednesday I couldn't hit all in with AK against just pocket 3s

Anyways, felt I played pretty well yesterday in particular for no luck when I needed it, made one huge correct hero call against a donkey on Monday with pocket 7s with 3 overcards on the board and I was all in at risk to call on the river, went into the tank for 2 minutes and found the call, ended up being nearly a triple up and after one more double up a few hands later ended up giving me enough play to min cash at least.

I haven't played in 10 days, 2 of my last 4 games they were cracked and eliminated me (all in preflop)

Q7 (rivered 2 pair, donkey mozz call) and KJ (turned straight)

On top of coming 2 off the money 6 times this season, money bubble twice and FT bubble like 3 other times, this season has absolutely stunk
Aces cracked again by tens this time to another player who runs like a god against me, probably about 4 players that have the wood on me this year always getting it in well behind when I'm at risk and always binking whatever card they need to eliminate me at least 3 times each, funny thing is each player is generally from a different region so whenever I move around there's always that one bogey player to look out for.

Anyways, 3 way all in, I was at risk to the tens but had A9 short stack smashed, 10 on the flop, broadway draw coming in, no queen or case ace to save the day, on top of what I copped last Friday with pocket queens getting absolutely annihilated by AQ

Won a satellite ticket into Monster Stack event today

Up and down and up in the BB playing 1k/2k/2k ante = 5Q with the Queen being a club

UTG min raises to 4k (which at the table could have been anything )

Another 2 callers plus myself topping up my BB

Flop is K33 with 2 clubs. Checks all round

Turn is 7 clubs - I check my Q ok lets see the bet

4k - fold fold and I figure its worth a look at a river

A clubs you bewty nut flush fluked

I bet 10k and they jam over the top for 48k - I have them covered and I tank - my original thought was I hate the 33s - I then thought he has gone hard on the A so maybe AK - more tanking and analysing pre-flop bet, check, small bet , big bet runout I lock into AK and call

He had KK for a flopped Boat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back