Multiplat Baldur's Gate III

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have to say my favourite melee is paladin and caster is warlock.

My favourite is swords bard with a single level of fighter and wizard - skill monkey and party face that deals massive damage and phenomenal at crowd control and utility for the party.
I played that for my tactician run and didn’t really optimise the build - running it in Honour mode now with a much more optimised build. I’m nearing the end of Act 1 and it’s really starting to come online.
Glyph of Warding (sleep) FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to try Open Hand Monk for my next playthrough when I finish up as a rogue

For honour mode I’ve respecced Karlach to an open hand tavern brawler monk who chugs potions. She wrecks hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Closing in on the end of Act 1 on honour mode.
Was a bit worried about the
Gith Inquisitor but a Glyph of Warding put him to sleep. Made it much more manageable. Those Gith are tough *ers.

and i'm done. took aout 120 hours in the end, left a few loose end in act 3, biggest being i didnt go find Ansur. did everything else major though i think.
what a game. probably tops all time for me. astounding how good it turned out. I'll wait for DLC before doing another run but i'm already thinking about it. probaly gonna dream about it tbh

and i'm done. took aout 120 hours in the end, left a few loose end in act 3, biggest being i didnt go find Ansur. did everything else major though i think.
what a game. probably tops all time for me. astounding how good it turned out. I'll wait for DLC before doing another run but i'm already thinking about it. probaly gonna dream about it tbh
It's an amazing game.

I'm on my third run and finding new stuff that just blows my mind.

First run was a Fighter/Warlock on Balanced mode

Second run - Tactician mode Elf Sword Bard

Current run - Honour mode (several false starts) as a dark urge halfling sword bard.

My honour mode run has taken an unexpected turn.

My party (Tav, Shadowheart (light cleric - radiant orb lawnmower), Astarion (gloomstalker/assassin), Karlach (open hand tavern brawler monk who chugs strength elixirs)) was on our way to free the Nightsong, all had gone swimmingly. Balthazar annihalated, trials all done in no time, Raphael’s devil killed without issue… and then…

My Tav somehow missed the jump on to the platform with the Nightsong and couldn’t be revived.

Shadowheart walks straight up to the Nightsong and goes to town on her with the spear.

Not at all how I’d planned things. Uncharted territory now for quite a bit of the story. Should be interesting…

After that unexpected turn I returned to a sea of carnage at the Last Light Inn.... a bit bummed about losing Dammon and Jaheira. I then laid waste to Moonrise Towers and took down Ketheric/Myrkul last night (really fun battle on honour mode) and had a very good chat with Minthara afterwards. I think she may have to replace one of my other companions through much of Act 3.

Loving Honour mode after a few shaky false starts. Need to be very cautious until hitting level 5/6. Just hit level 10 in the final boss fight at the end of Act 2.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larian has stated there will be no future DLC or BG4.

While I’m bitterly disappointed there won’t be any more BG3 content I think it’s the right decision for Larian.

Larian has shown they can write an absolute epic game.

They don’t need Hasbro/WOTC/DnD to write another epic game storyline. I’m sure they’re capable of developing their own lore and and combat systems that aren’t hamstrung by constraints of DnD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back