Band in a bubble

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I saw that they have a few people at Fed Square trying to sell you Foxtel.

Sure, it would get a bit bland at times and in particular when not playing music. It would be funny as if they were trying to record some stuff after a few too many stubbies.

You checked out the website yet ?

I watched a fair amount of the first 36 hours and wish I still had Austar.

Jabba is an absolute nutcase/dragqueen and if he's not on something then I pity the poor buggers from the Gurge for having to live with this guy for 3 weeks.

I dont think I could last 12 hours with him.

Have they actually shown the band doing anything? The idea strikes me as intriguing, since the band is fairly interesting musically, so I'm interested in the process they're going through to make the album, but I suspect there is just a load of schtick for Jabba and not much else.

Mog said:
Have they actually shown the band doing anything? The idea strikes me as intriguing, since the band is fairly interesting musically, so I'm interested in the process they're going through to make the album, but I suspect there is just a load of schtick for Jabba and not much else.

I've found it to be quite interesting myself. Basically the deal is that they have alreday written all of their songs and are only doing the recording part of the process. The first few days were used to get used to the place, find chords to plug in all of their gear (tons of it!!!!!!!!!!) You see their life for 21 days. Sleeping etc. Bigbother esk, but non of the shower or toilet crap and no affairs etc. There is one room in the bubble where they can talk through an intercom to randoms on the street. Quite funny when the drunks come along at 2am. :)

While it's not riverting TV it is quite captivating. To be honest while they are recording you can't watch for all that long because as you can imagine there is a lot of repetition. Just to get it right. So it's best to watch when they're just farting round (most the time). Brilliant idea for them, because it probably pays for the recording expence, HUGE marketing ploy and i recon it'd be a bit of fun as well.

Not a huge fan of their music, but I'm very impressed with this move!

Hi Josh,
Yeah, I have onlt had a look noce during my lunch break from uni the other day. But actually really enjoyed what I saw and have had a look at the website a few times, web cams aren't too bad.

The task of recording an album in 21 days is no mean feat and it will be interesting to see how it comes out.

I've seen bits and pieces of it and when I was in the city last night I went in to have a look. Pretty cool thing to do for 21 days, wouldn't mind doing it myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

joshhem said:
not really a waste of a TV show since that channel was never there in the first place. Good for digital users really because it's just more to watch (even if you don't like it)

It's on Channel [V] Therefore it DID have a channel before it began, I don't have Digital.

choc_a_holic said:
It's on Channel [V] Therefore it DID have a channel before it began, I don't have Digital.
It DIDN'T have a channel before it began because there was another channel added to Fox Digital when the Bubble started

Had a look again yesterday during lunch break off from uni.

Looks like they are having fun, altough there are products positioned just like Big Brother. Some of the recording and music equipment is not what the 'gurge boys use, they have been provided with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back