Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Deep Purple

Debutant
May 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I concerned that Ross Lyons has made no mention of Barlow either in the press article in Wednesday's West and on the radio this morning on 6PR.

This is paraphrased...

"The supporters don't care about Ross Lyon or Matthew Pavlich. They care about the colours and the club." - Ross Lyon this morning.

Why talk up individual players? Good on him.

I wouldn't read into it too much. He isn't going to list every player in an interview.

The one concern I have is if they pushed Barlow too hard to get him playing this season.

This is paraphrased...

"The supporters don't care about Ross Lyon or Matthew Pavlich. They care about the colours and the club." - Ross Lyon this morning.

Why talk up individual players? Good on him.

I think we care about Pav. However, if he left tomorrow to play for an Adelaide club I am sure we would quickly lose interest. So he is probably half right there. Although I haven't heard what he said in full context.

I think we care about Pav. However, if he left tomorrow to play for an Adelaide club I am sure we would quickly lose interest. So he is probably half right there. Although I haven't heard what he said in full context.

He's just talking about the club being more important to supporters than the individuals.

He used Manchester United as an example, but how many WC supporters are following Carlton these days?

If you're able to listen to the interview, it's worth it.

I wouldn't read into it too much. He isn't going to list every player in an interview.

The one concern I have is if they pushed Barlow too hard to get him playing this season.

Bit late for that concern isn't it? He was pushed a tad hard this year just gone, not much Lyon can do about that.

In any case, I think Mick's lack of mention is simply because he's been under the radar this season just gone as far as opposition strategy is concerned which would have been RL main method of thinking about our players to this point.

Although, having said that, Morobito didn't play this year either ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more concerned people are calling him Ross Lyons.

You're more concerned about people accidentally placing an extra 's' at the end of a name on a low key public forum than the future of one of the best players/stories to come through Freo in it's short history which is quite potentially tied to the level of success we may have over the next few years?

Interesting.

You're more concerned about people accidentally placing an extra 's' at the end of a name on a low key public forum than the future of one of the best players/stories to come through Freo in it's short history which is quite potentially tied to the level of success we may have over the next few years?

Interesting.

You sound like an ex-wife.

Barlow for Peake + draft pick, done deal.

Apparently Ross doesnt rate ball magnets and has question marks over his aerobic capacity. Apparently rates Peake very highly.

I think you missed my point, Barlow's not going anywhere.

Fair enough.

I don't think he's going anywhere either, I'm more concerned with his ability to get back up to his full capacity as a footballer - something Lyon doesn't know much about at this stage anyway so why would he comment about that side of things.

Barlow for Peake + draft pick, done deal.

Apparently Ross doesnt rate ball magnets and has question marks over his aerobic capacity. Apparently rates Peake very highly.

:D That deal would go down well here.....NOT!

Be a need for bodybags down at Freo...I reckon fans would go postal. :D:D :cool:

Bit late for that concern isn't it? He was pushed a tad hard this year just gone, not much Lyon can do about that.

In any case, I think Mick's lack of mention is simply because he's been under the radar this season just gone as far as opposition strategy is concerned which would have been RL main method of thinking about our players to this point.

Although, having said that, Morobito didn't play this year either ...

I was referring to this season just gone as the 2012 pre-season/season hasn't even started. I don't think there is any need to nic-pick someones comment.

He's just talking about the club being more important to supporters than the individuals.

He used Manchester United as an example, but how many WC supporters are following Carlton these days?

If you're able to listen to the interview, it's worth it.

I will. My download speed has been slowed so it will probably take all day to download it. Your right of course, except for the idiot WC supporters who are now supporting Richmond.

:D That deal would go down well here.....NOT!

Be a need for bodybags down at Freo...I reckon fans would go postal. :D:D :cool:

Well you start a stupid thread you get a stupid post. As if barlow's going anywhere, oh no the coach didnt mention him in his presser quick sound the alarm he's being traded. I cant believe people are even discussing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back