Bartel free to play

Remove this Banner Ad

It yet again shows that some of the past players on the video review panels are way past their used by dates. Bartel made contact with the shoulder, and the player hit took a dive to get the free kick. There were a number of players doing it this week. I think I counted at least three players throwing their heads back to act if they had been hit whilst over the ball.

So Bartel will be lighting it up on the weekend, Go cats

I should be a player advocate.

catempire said:
This has two implications:

1. He can fight the charge with no fear of getting 2 weeks instead of 1.

2. He can attempt to have the conduct downgraded from "reckless" to "negligent" and then plead guilty to the lesser charge which will yield a reprimand rather than a week's suspension.

I've got no doubt this is what they'll do. Charman got a week last week for something quite similar but his was graded as "negligent". Bartel's should have been the same and therefore should only be worth a reprimand.

Great news.

good news, though I'm a bit surprised he got off considering all the debate about head high contact. I'd have thought he'd be made an example of. But in all honesty it doesn't really seem all that important, after Tim Cahill's feats of strength last night, Jimmy Bartel's bout with the tribunal seems pretty insignificant... or is that just me??

Mr Sensitive said:
good news, though I'm a bit surprised he got off considering all the debate about head high contact. I'd have thought he'd be made an example of. But in all honesty it doesn't really seem all that important, after Tim Cahill's feats of strength last night, Jimmy Bartel's bout with the tribunal seems pretty insignificant... or is that just me??

Know watchya mean Mr S.:thumbsu: At least one of our teams are doing well:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscarlett said:
Catempire in a previous post where I said Bartel won't go (i.e will not get week/s), you said he would, and now..?

Oscarlett - quite right, good call.

I believe at the time I thought Jimmy had 70 points hanging over his head and therefore couldn't get a reprimand by pleading guilty. I subsequently found out that wasn't the case. Once I knew that I too believed he'd get off.

catempire said:
Oscarlett - quite right, good call.

I believe at the time I thought Jimmy had 70 points hanging over his head and therefore couldn't get a reprimand by pleading guilty. I subsequently found out that wasn't the case. Once I knew that I too believed he'd get off.

Good, we're on the same page then mate.

Mr Sensitive said:
Tim Who?

JUBJUB said:
A bit like what the KK Krew do when KK gets 2 goals [they're currently having withdrawal symptoms]. :D

Lol except that Timmy Cahill's goals were scored under immense pressure with the team seemingly dead and buried... I've never seen the glorious Kent score anything but an out of bounds on the full when the heat is on.:thumbsdown:

chapmanmagic35 said:
Haha!

What's everyone's thoughts on his comments regarding head high contact?

Ridiculous

I mean, he makes a reasonable point, but he has just gone a bit 'head high contact crazy' You've gotta protect the man going for the ball, and the cases such as Pickett on Begley last year, and Waters on Copeland this year, I think a suspension is warranted. I thought Charman and Rawlings were a bit stiff to get done IMO. Six weeks minimum though, mite wanna expand the list size from 40 cos some clubs will end up with over 18 ineligable players! Maybe not that bad, but you get my point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back