Media Bartel's Back as a Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
Former Geelong Gumby Bartel has today announced his comeback to the SFA by rejoining his former side for a 2nd stint at the club.

The signing was completed this morning by club captain Peterss.

Peterss had this to say at today's press conference.

"We are delighted to have Bartel back at the club, his first stint at the club unfortunately had to be cut short due to not being able to commit to fulll time training due to other commitments, however these are now behind him and hes now back and ready to fire for the Gumbies this coming season."

"He is a quality player and will add alot through our midfield this season and we look forward to seeing him return to the training track first thing moday morning."

Bartel will be presented to the media later on today and will offer his thoughts on re-joining his hometown club.

This would be big news if Broken hadn't resigned with the Roys 2 days ago..

Bartel sat down with ogre Caroline Wilson today to discuss his new signing.

"I'm delighted to be back." Bartel said. "I really enjoyed my first run at the club, and now I've had a good taste for it I'm confident I can add alot to the Gumbies team."

"I guess what made me come back was the thought of having left in a losing grand final team. My desire to win a premiership is stronger than it has been in my life."

Bartel will begin training this week, and has indicated that he will not be playing in the noobs match.

This would be big news if Broken hadn't resigned with the Roys 2 days ago..

This would be big news if resigned wasn't different to re-signed completely boning any sort of point you wish to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All 8 clubs seem to have a fairly healthy status report these days.

I'm pleasantly surprised.

Bringing back the glory days of the SFA :thumbsu:

Welcome back Bartel. Look forward to seeing you... crippled with pain after I lay u out flat :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back