Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 4 - Gumbies FFC v East Side Hawks at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicolas Cage Wink GIF

Bid on a house at auction today. Didn't get it lol. Went way over what we originally thought. The housing market is fking insane. So many investors driving people out. I wouldn't be shocked if this house ended up as a rental.

Bid on a house at auction today. Didn't get it lol. Went way over what we originally thought. The housing market is fking insane. So many investors driving people out. I wouldn't be shocked if this house ended up as a rental.
Landlords are scum.

Hi Tarkyn_24

They give a range off X -> Y, and then it sells for Z...

And as much as they've meant to crack down on false advertising & limits, I have no doubt real-estate agents just BS with, "we didn't expect it to sell for that high, it finished with a bidding war..."

And as much as they've meant to crack down on false advertising & limits, I have no doubt real-estate agents just BS with, "we didn't expect it to sell for that high, it finished with a bidding war..."
Millennials are sooks. Should've just bought in the 90s when houses were cheap.

Some real estate agents are lazy scum though. We had a guy letterbox drop offering free appraisals so we rang him to come out.

Walked into our entry way and said "I know the floor plan, $470k maybe $480k at best, I've got a buyer who'll do $475k today for you."

Meanwhile another agent from his agency had a house 3 doors up less bedrooms, smaller block, no landscaping etc on the market for $510k - $530k.

When I pointed that out he went "Oh um that's a corner block and between us getting the bottom of the range would be exceptional."

Rings me 4 days later, "Oh um that other property sold for $560k, but good news I have a buyer who'll give you $530k for yours."

Told him to never ring me again. Literally just wanted a quick commission and somehow thought he wasn't being obvious.

Some real estate agents are lazy scum though. We had a guy letterbox drop offering free appraisals so we rang him to come out.

Walked into our entry way and said "I know the floor plan, $470k maybe $480k at best, I've got a buyer who'll do $475k today for you."

Meanwhile another agent from his agency had a house 3 doors up less bedrooms, smaller block, no landscaping etc on the market for $510k - $530k.

When I pointed that out he went "Oh um that's a corner block and between us getting the bottom of the range would be exceptional."

Rings me 4 days later, "Oh um that other property sold for $560k, but good news I have a buyer who'll give you $530k for yours."

Told him to never ring me again. Literally just wanted a quick commission and somehow thought he wasn't being obvious.
What a campaigner!

There was no price guide on this property which was annoying.

It was on about 700m2, nice area, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 2 living spaces. Built 1998, very well looked after (deceased estate, older Italian couple). Kitchen, bathrooms and laundry all dated but liveable. But I didn't think it was worth over a million. Craziness. One down the road was similar, smaller block, one garage, and it sold for 875K. You just don't know.

Our mortgage broker was talking to us on the phone the other day and he said he has lots of people complaining they can't get a house for 600K anymore.

Gridley 223 - 9/9

PERFECT!
怀 šŸŸ¤šŸ¶šŸ—“ļø
2ļøāƒ£šŸŸŖšŸŸ¦šŸŸŖ
šŸ«‚šŸŸŖšŸŸ¦šŸŸ¦
šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸŸ©šŸŸ¦šŸŸŖ
Rarity: 29.3

Pretty happy with today's effort

Gridley 223 - 9/9

PERFECT!
怀 šŸŸ¤šŸ¶šŸ—“ļø
2ļøāƒ£šŸŸŖšŸŸ¦šŸŸŖ