FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Remove this Banner Ad

We are all doomed.

Adelaide-based McAvaney revealed he had also started to give his future some thought, and could approach network bosses about this within the next year. The day may come where he steps back from football but retains key roles with the network's other major events - the Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Australian Open tennis and horse racing.

With regards to football, he says Seven is well placed in terms of succession, with Hamish McLachlan, Basil Zempilas and Luke Darcy capable of stepping into the marquee Friday-night role.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...l-coverage-20140919-10j7rn.html#ixzz3EIHbpYZS
Could this be why Bruce no longer does Sunday afternoons anymore?

Missed this at the time. Does Basil have any jokes that are actually humorous?
Ricky Henderson was captured opening his shorts to deal with groin soreness by Fox Footy’s camera during in the changerooms during half time of the game against Brisbane on Saturday night.

Zempilas alluded to the incident in a light-hearted manner during Channel 7’s Saturday night coverage, playing on the name of West Coast ruckman Dean Cox.

“Who would have thought Dean Cox would find his way into the Adelaide changerooms at half time… and who would have thought he’d be down there?” Zempilas said.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertai...-caroline-wilson/story-fnhocr83-1226615821839

I understand your pain mate.

For me this is his worse piece of commentary. Completely fails to capture the moment.

If this is when Chris Mayne hits the post in the last 20secs I'm not watching it :p my heart was so shattered after that match. But totally sympathise with shitty Basil calls ruining awesome moments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is when Chris Mayne hits the post in the last 20secs I'm not watching it :p my heart was so shattered after that match. But totally sympathise with shitty Basil calls ruining awesome moments
Haha yep. Basically he called the match winning goal as Dempsey kicking it, when in fact it was Ryder.

They should really be looking to some of the radio callers to commentate rather than promoting news readers. It's hard to find any commentators in this day and age besides Huddo that can capture the moment of a footy game these days. Too often you will find the radio commentaries to be far more enjoyable.

Look at all the recent grand finals, there's been plenty of huge moments but not one piece of commentary that has gone into footy folklore.

He actually hasn't been that bad tonight.

Haha yep. Basically he called the match winning goal as Dempsey kicking it, when in fact it was Ryder.

They should really be looking to some of the radio callers to commentate rather than promoting news readers. It's hard to find any commentators in this day and age besides Huddo that can capture the moment of a footy game these days. Too often you will find the radio commentaries to be far more enjoyable.

Look at all the recent grand finals, there's been plenty of huge moments but not one piece of commentary that has gone into footy folklore.

"Cometh the moment cometh the champion" late in the 2012 GF after Goodes' goal is the closest I reckon.

haters gonna hate but I thought Baz was really good calling the showdown today, made Bruce seem very flat - ordinary imo.

haters gonna hate but I thought Baz was really good calling the showdown today, made Bruce seem very flat - ordinary imo.
He failed to know that a ball that is caught by the lower leg cannot be considered as a mark though...probably one of the more basic rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back