BBL05 Match 25: Hurricanes v Scorchers

Remove this Banner Ad

I proudly present your humble pie, sir.
Really good to see Carbs bounce back, he seemed pretty level headed being interviewed after which is also a good sign. But I also stand by Turner, he has talent but doesn't get a regular look in for any format. Hopefully he manage to keep him.

Really good to see Carbs bounce back, he seemed pretty level headed being interviewed after which is also a good sign. But I also stand by Turner, he has talent but doesn't get a regular look in for any format. Hopefully he manage to keep him.
I dunno, he's regularly in the T20 side the last two seasons.

Turner has had plenty of opportunity at T20 level but hasn't been able to nail down a spot with anything like a convincing performance. He's been gifted more games than others like Harris or Bancroft previously were given. It's clear the powers-that-be like the kid, but I really want to see something more.

We are on top of the ladder, but I think Langer has got it wrong so far this year.

Carberry should have been in the side and been batting higher. He was crucial last year at vital times, including the final where he managed to get us over the line. Handles pressure well.

Willey should definitely be batting higher. Only a few months ago, he scored a 100 off 40 balls in the English T20 comp and now he is coming in behind Agar etc.

The bowlers have generally done the job for us, but we need to be getting more runs on the board.

Last edited:
Turner has had plenty of opportunity at T20 level but hasn't been able to nail down a spot with anything like a convincing performance. He's been gifted more games than others like Harris or Bancroft previously were given. It's clear the powers-that-be like the kid, but I really want to see something more.
What opportunities? Having games doesn't equate to opportunity necessarily. Barely gets batting or bowling time. He's a good bowler who is stiff that we have heaps of spinners.

What opportunities? Having games doesn't equate to opportunity necessarily. Barely gets batting or bowling time. He's a good bowler who is stiff that we have heaps of spinners.
He's come in plenty of times late in the game and just got out. Yes, it's harder to get going when the pressure is on the make runs, but that's what makes a good T20 player.

He's come in plenty of times late in the game and just got out. Yes, it's harder to get going when the pressure is on the make runs, but that's what makes a good T20 player.
He has an average of 18 and a strike rate of 134 in T20s, I say that he's doing okay considering where he comes in.

It is his bowling that is more underutilised.

Good List A stats - batting average of 42 with SR 91. :thumbsu:

There's no doubt they rate him; he captained the second XI team recently, I believe. I don't have a problem if they are taking their time with him. It's a balancing act with young players like Bancroft, Harris, Cartwright, Turner, Bosisto etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back