Bellarine 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't having a go at ya pal!! Thanks for getting ball rolling again. Will Meesen attract a few back to modda?? Any news on drysdale, newcomb

Werty,
All I stated is what I had heard inthe past week, some of these may not come to fruition but you said things were a bit boring... plus, werent you the one who said, Tom to Lara, Dragacevic to Barwon Heads, Carsons to Modda? None of them were right? I have heard Buckland close to Ammo's, it does make sense queenscliff but don't believe they can afford him.

Your comments re Ocean Grove. They have been playing kids past 2 years, youngest list of the Top 5 from last year and they will lose a few older blokes, just think they are replacing them. From what I am led to believe have only picked up 4 or 5 new guys, they lose Sinnott, Costello, Lynch and Dalton. That leaves kids only to play

Could be an interesting year, Ammos lost a few and trying hard to recruit big names, Queenscliff working ion keeping list together, Grove few changes, Anglesea have tried to secure the Carsons and a few Grovey boys, not much movement, Tigers have recruited well, lost a few but we always do this. new coaches will be real good, Modda have approached many but got not much.
In my mind the sleepers have been Port. They have been the real winners picking up quality GFL players, no stars but good players at GFL and super people. They wont be finalists but expect them to have some wins and be competitive again.

Bring on the new season and lets see what rumours come true. I reckon less than 10% on tehse forums actually happen anyway,

G'day beach boy.
Can you put any names to the possible Port recruits that you made mention of. It has been very quiet with news regarding Port. Hoping for an improved year next season and you talk highly of these players. Things hopefully on the way up down this way.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Luke Buckland has signed at Ammo's as did Andrew Burchell

Paul Sullivan retired from Sth Barwon, but has told Tigers NO. Also believed Ammos wont accept NO and chasing pretty hard, stay tuned

Looks like Ammo's investing heavily agan.

Luke Buckland has signed at Ammo's as did Andrew Burchell

Paul Sullivan retired from Sth Barwon, but has told Tigers NO. Also believed Ammos wont accept NO and chasing pretty hard, stay tuned

Looks like Ammo's investing heavily agan.

I think everyone likes to have digs at Ammos and probably rightly so.but at least they are going after a couple of proven grand final performers in Buckland and Sullivan. Buckland did play juniors there as well. maybe actually spending their money wisely might take them that next step.

I think everyone likes to have digs at Ammos and probably rightly so.but at least they are going after a couple of proven grand final performers in Buckland and Sullivan. Buckland did play juniors there as well. maybe actually spending their money wisely might take them that next step.

Interesting to see what sth.barwon do as Bucky signed with sth as soon as season finished and was at their first training session.

Hey ilovericho is Jamieson doing anything next year? You would think he would be chance to coach interleague team if he isn't coaching

Pre christmas predictions

Queenscliff - $2.60 Favourites - looking like keeping list together, new coach to keep motivation levels up, handy recruits, will be there abouts. Expected to finish Top 2

Geelong Amatuers - $3.00 - Lost some key personnel but recruiting well with Buckland and Burchall, scary thing is they haven't finished yet. Always will be up there and challenging. Should finish Top 3 again

Anglesea - $4.50 - Expected to keep list together, Bell Warren to VFL will be a loss if he makes it. Needs a big signing to really threaten, better players are older generation. Primus not playing will help and big chance for Top 3

Ocean Grove - $5.00 - Lost some big names, Dalton and Lynch, but have signed a few good players. Younger players need to step up but should be finalists. 3rd year coach and good chance for Top 3 again if things go well

Torquay - $10.00 - New faces, new game plan,new lease of life. Handy coaching recruits, time will be the factor, how quickly they can asert a new game plan and win enough games to play off. Should finish top 5, but doubtful top 3 at this stage

Drysdale - $12.00 - 2nd year coach, proud club and kids developed well last year, expect improvement just not sure if they have recruited enough to really threaten. (haven't heard much from the) Chance for 4th or 5th spot

Moddawarre - $20.00 - Didn't finish as strong as previous years so not as much hype this preseason. Have new Assistant coach and have tried recruiting hard, but importance was to keep 2011 together. 3rd year coach that needs to produce results

Barwon Head - $33.00 - Rebuilding year, this time deliberately. New coach with right direction, youth. Will be a few years off contending but have put in a plan, just needs patience. Doubtful to play finals but with tony Brown playing anything can happen

Portarlington - $50 - Have rumoured to have recruited well and all seem happy with Brody. 3rd year coach and may just have a bit more cattle to show his wares. May be close to a big signing, stay tuned. Not realistically a finals contender but will win games

Newcomb - $66 - Haven't lost much, but we know you must recruit well to stay competitive and looks like not much in the Xmas pressie box with recruits as yet. Will be competitive but no real flag chance.

Hey ilovericho is Jamieson doing anything next year? You would think he would be chance to coach interleague team if he isn't coaching
Heard Jamieson got an assistant coaching role with sandringham dragons tac under 18's.

watch brandon backwell this year at the grubbers, over paid and un loyal. 3rd club in 2 years. looks like a gorilla and wont go near it. to worried about his skin colour

Portarlington to pump Newcomb first round.
Newcomb has lost up to 10 senior player and recruited very little.
Newcomb captain to sign with Drysdale as assistant coach.

Hey guys, just wondering if any of the ocean grove guys could give me some insight into how pat west is traveling this pre season? He had a great year 2 years ago but appears to be washed up now? will this be his breakout year?
WFWT :cool:

Just return from overseas jaunt and looking at these pages and geelong addy, not much happening in BFL as yet. I see Sth Barwon have Seb Kent going there for a GFL crack, well deserved. What about Bell Warren how is he progressing at Geelong VFL?

I dont have any Tigers news as yet as I basically returned yesterday, even our webpage is slower than normal with signings. Hopefullt the boys are back in the swing of things and taking on new coaching instructions. I see comments about Backwell, I know we spoke with him, but couldn't get him over the line. Word is he can play, so not sure where these comments are founded

Who is Pat West at OG anyway? I looked him up and he played 18s a couple of years back, not sure about washed up at 20 -21?

What have ammos been doing and has anyone signed at Couta bowl yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a chat with someone from ammos they are very confident of having lindsay smith and paul sullivan playing by rd 4 also nathan bromley is back playing after not playing in 2011

Tom Dewey to the hawks nest, Adrian Robinson new a/coach

Yes. Tom Dewey to join 3 other former Port players in Davis, Wells & Basterfield at Drysdale. This was just about Port's leadership group 3 seasons ago now we see them all at the Hawks. Port would have been a far different side last season if all these guys were still playing there and add these to their new recruits this year then they may be in a far different place. I am not talking flags but would definately run with teams like B/Heads, Torquay, Modda, Newcombe and maybe even the Hawks of 2011. At least there wouldn't have been any of those 100+ point floggings week in week out. Something went horribly wrong for Port to lose these players when they did. Heres hoping for 2012!!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

Yes. Tom Dewey to join 3 other former Port players in Davis, Wells & Basterfield at Drysdale. This was just about Port's leadership group 3 seasons ago now we see them all at the Hawks. Port would have been a far different side last season if all these guys were still playing there and add these to their new recruits this year then they may be in a far different place. I am not talking flags but would definately run with teams like B/Heads, Torquay, Modda, Newcombe and maybe even the Hawks of 2011. At least there wouldn't have been any of those 100+ point floggings week in week out. Something went horribly wrong for Port to lose these players when they did. Heres hoping for 2012!!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

so who have Port picked up?

Anyone else heard that Nathan Ablett has signed at Modda?? Im hearing on big $$$$$$$$

He's playing VFL. I doubt he'll ever pull the boots on for Modda again.

Any word with how things are shaping up down at Anglesea? I hear Luke Adams, a handy mid-season recruit, has headed back to Daylesford. Any chance they can make the step up to premiership contenders?

Port have signed the 2 Lowthers from Bell Park, Daniel as an assistant and Nick, plus handy 2s player Dale Gaynor amongst a few other reasonable players, don't expect miracles but they will be competitive and win some games,

Sorry cant comment on Anglesea, as I havent heard much. I did read Seb Kent gone to South Barwon, but does anyone know about Dyson Bell Warren, that kid can play. He would be a big loss if he does play VFL as someone mentioned?

Surely QCliff are favourite to go BTB premiers?

Port have signed the 2 Lowthers from Bell Park, Daniel as an assistant and Nick, plus handy 2s player Dale Gaynor amongst a few other reasonable players, don't expect miracles but they will be competitive and win some games,

Sorry cant comment on Anglesea, as I havent heard much. I did read Seb Kent gone to South Barwon, but does anyone know about Dyson Bell Warren, that kid can play. He would be a big loss if he does play VFL as someone mentioned?

Bell Warren training at Geelong VFL but staying with Anglesea as his back up club.

Heard they lost a few, Luke Norton gone to Lorne, yes Leigh Adams is gone, couple of others are rumoured to have left aswell, not sure if they have gained any, heard Marcus Smith is still playing but living in Ballarat and Can't train, might struggle more than he has done previously.

You'd think Queenscliff would have a pretty good chance of backing it up again this year.

According to this article, they don't seem to have lost anyone except for Whitelaw.
http://www.surfcoasttimes.com.au/sp...s-to-avoid-premiership-hangover/#.T0QZSIcgcR8

See on another forum Bell-Warren (wing) and Daniel Gibbs (half fwd) are getting a run for Geelong VFL tomorrow. Mitchell Herbison on bench and Lovick half back. Not bad effort.

It's pretty quiet in here. What's going on around some of the clubs?

I see this week's Bellarine Times has a preview of Ocean Grove. They a chance of the flag this year? The coach sounds pretty confident.

I see todays addy has Paul Sullivan contemplating what he is doing with football? Worst keep scret in the BFL, wake up Garvey, he has been training with Geelong Ammo's for about 3 weeks. I think this is just wishful thinking on his behalf.

Off Season - you ask is OG chance of flag this year? I think they are contenders and I think there coach is probably right in assesing top 3 and win a final is the impprovement they need, what no one knows is how good the Coutas will be again. I think they are a shoe in for back to back flags at this stage.

The Tigers have signed some reasonable players, but to finish top 3 may be ayear or 2 away.

Who has prac matches coming up? Was it true Drysdale played an intra club at Skilled last week?

Ruckman Tom Perry leaving Barwon Heads to play for Central Highlands club Bungaree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back