BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Had heard that on K Rock a couple of weeks back. How old in Mensch now? Wasnt he playing up at Mansfield and kicking bags of goals last couple of years?

Had heard that on K Rock a couple of weeks back. How old in Mensch now? Wasnt he playing up at Mansfield and kicking bags of goals last couple of years?

Yeah played at Mansfield. Some stats
2010 15 games, 29 goals, in best 9 times
2009 18 games, 65 goals, in best 4 times

Fair pick up for the Seas. Not likely to lose many if any so that's a great pickup for them. Forming a very good spine.

Damien Zaperenkov back at the Ammos next year. Apparently not losing many at all. Zappa and Tom would make for a pretty potent forward line I would think.

Damien Zaperenkov back at the Ammos next year. Apparently not losing many at all. Zappa and Tom would make for a pretty potent forward line I would think.
Zappa has gone to Bell Post Hill hasn't he?

word coming out of drizzledale is that gage and dowie to nth shore,gatgens to forrest m scott to gfl somewhere ad them to maher and matthews and they look like having a new look side in 2011. and a short one !

word coming out of drizzledale is that gage and dowie to nth shore,gatgens to forrest m scott to gfl somewhere ad them to maher and matthews and they look like having a new look side in 2011. and a short one !

be very suprised if m scott left, his dad is the president, brother and mates all play there.. gage leaving is huge for drysie though!

word bannockburn has made offers to a few 22-25 yo's from drysdale too

Dowie gone to Otway districts, doubt gage would have the commitment to play GFL. Add chapman to that list of departures, they must have a few in's though

Levi Turner from BH has taken a role with Geelong Falcons in a high performance coaching role. Apparently he has a sports science background. Bit of a loss for the seagulls.

Pre Season recruiting and rumours are strong. Latest was Matty Knights to OG, although they deny it at this stage.
Anglesea and Torquay very proactive with recruitment, both looking short term with Mensch (A) and Nesbett/Carrachar (Tor). Queenscliff looking hard to replace key departures and Drysdale hope Colbert may keep a few around the place that were looking at leaving and he is possibly bringing a couple of Grovedale younger players. OG have picked up some past players and a couple of new faces, so they should improve a bit and be finalists again, whilst BH are unusually very quiet for this time of the year. Modda have been aggressive like normal, bnut also havent had much luck,a joeys youngster or 2 at the moment, whilst Ammos haven't spent up big by all accounts, so next season could be the closest for many seasons. Cant see Newcomb or Port recruiting enough to play finals, we just need them both more competitive, early tips, Anglesea, Torquay, Ocean Grove, Ammos, Drysdale, Queenscliff, Moddawarre, Barwon Heads, Newcomb and Port to finish last

Pre Season recruiting and rumours are strong. Latest was Matty Knights to OG, although they deny it at this stage.
Anglesea and Torquay very proactive with recruitment, both looking short term with Mensch (A) and Nesbett/Carrachar (Tor). Queenscliff looking hard to replace key departures and Drysdale hope Colbert may keep a few around the place that were looking at leaving and he is possibly bringing a couple of Grovedale younger players. OG have picked up some past players and a couple of new faces, so they should improve a bit and be finalists again, whilst BH are unusually very quiet for this time of the year. Modda have been aggressive like normal, bnut also havent had much luck,a joeys youngster or 2 at the moment, whilst Ammos haven't spent up big by all accounts, so next season could be the closest for many seasons. Cant see Newcomb or Port recruiting enough to play finals, we just need them both more competitive, early tips, Anglesea, Torquay, Ocean Grove, Ammos, Drysdale, Queenscliff, Moddawarre, Barwon Heads, Newcomb and Port to finish last

Anyone got news on Queenscliff's ins and outs at this stage??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zach Gubbins and a few others are travelling overseas for the year. Tom Perry is going to be back playing for them too and is keen to play seniors.

G'day fella's,

Myself and a few mates are thinking of playing footy for a BFL team next year, we currently play in the Essendon District comp, however we are moving to the Surf Coast for work. Any suggestions of clubs who may be looking for some fresh faces would be greatly appreciated :thumbsu:

G'day fella's,

Myself and a few mates are thinking of playing footy for a BFL team next year, we currently play in the Essendon District comp, however we are moving to the Surf Coast for work. Any suggestions of clubs who may be looking for some fresh faces would be greatly appreciated :thumbsu:

who do you play for in the edfl??

Any clubs looking for new Sherrin footballs for pre-season training, i have red and yellow blemish balls for sale at $70 each. Blemish means they are seconds balls and have slight defects, most of which are barely noticable and wont affect the performance of the ball (small smudge on the writing/scratch/etc). Any questions or to order please contact me at theballguy@live.com.au i am based in Geelong so pick-up will not be a problem. Cheers

G'day fella's,

I am pretty sure Portarlington are looking for players for 2011. Not a great season this year on field but a very good family club and a great environment to play in. I know the club is keen to improve on field next year so you could give them a call and see if you can work something out. Call Steve on 0407861955.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

G'day fella's,

I guess i depends on where you will be living. Sounds like you will be based in Torquay so i would recommend heading down there for a game, they are a pretty good club. If you to head down the road a little Anglesea should have a good side next year and is close to Torquay. The other better sides in the comp are Ammos who are Geelong based and Drysdale, both would be a bit of a hike from Torquay. Steer clear of Portarlington and Newcomb as other post suggested if you want to win a few games.

I guess i depends on where you will be living. Sounds like you will be based in Torquay so i would recommend heading down there for a game, they are a pretty good club. If you to head down the road a little Anglesea should have a good side next year and is close to Torquay. The other better sides in the comp are Ammos who are Geelong based and Drysdale, both would be a bit of a hike from Torquay. Steer clear of Portarlington and Newcomb as other post suggested if you want to win a few games.
drysdale are a good club,ammos have got their heads up there ass so steer clear of them and torquay cant even buy a flag to many chiefs not enough indians,so best choice would be drysdale but if your border line players why not try for newcomb or port and could even get a bit of coin to help you.

drysdale are a good club,ammos have got their heads up there ass so steer clear of them and torquay cant even buy a flag to many chiefs not enough indians,so best choice would be drysdale but if your border line players why not try for newcomb or port and could even get a bit of coin to help you.

drysdale started training tonight, wednesday night at 6pm, eastern gardens near the soccer pitch/toilet block is where we are! come down, its a pretty young group at the moment, new coach james colbert is a good bloke!

drysdale started training tonight, wednesday night at 6pm, eastern gardens near the soccer pitch/toilet block is where we are! come down, its a pretty young group at the moment, new coach james colbert is a good bloke!

is it true Reece Holwell is going to south barwon and gatgens to forest? they would be big losses. Who is going to fill the void in the forwardline left by chapman and maher?

G'day fella's,

It all depends on your slant on things. If you want to ride into an already strong side and challenge yourself to make yourself a regular, than by all means check out last years ladder, take your pick of Drysdale, Ammos, etc. and good luck. If you want a different kind of challenge, go to one of the more struggling sides, Newcomb or Portarlington, and see if you can help the players around you improve, and help improve the team as a whole and win some games. I guess the final decision on what sort of challenge you set yourself depends on what kind of guys you are, but good luck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back