BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, interleague this week. Great to see the BFL will be represented by a possible 6 Drysdale players. This from a team that has lost 5 games out of 6 by an average of just under 10 goals a game!! Must have picked them on form, not reputation of course.

haha love this comment, so true

haha love this comment, so true
So inter league coach Hildo pots all other BFL teams for the last "10years" in the Addy - he can't work out why all those before him got it so wrong. He put so much effort into getting it right and then delivers a loss today. I reckon Fitzy got it more right in 2012. Back to Barwon Heads under 14s for your next win Hildo!

So inter league coach Hildo pots all other BFL teams for the last "10years" in the Addy - he can't work out why all those before him got it so wrong. He put so much effort into getting it right and then delivers a loss today. I reckon Fitzy got it more right in 2012. Back to Barwon Heads under 14s for your next win Hildo!
He should have picked an in form team, and penalised players who don't want to play and don't have a certificate that shows they are legitimately injured. A one week club match suspension for the round after interleague should stop that happening. The BFL is a better comp than what its current standing indicates, but are slipping down quickly.

He should have picked an in form team, and penalised players who don't want to play and don't have a certificate that shows they are legitimately injured. A one week club match suspension for the round after interleague should stop that happening. The BFL is a better comp than what its current standing indicates, but are slipping down quickly.

I can see the point you are getting at but at the same time some of the top clubs had 5 or 6 players selected in the initial squad. Now these will obviously be 5 or 6 of their best and that's a massive exposure risk to those clubs for their home and away season if they lose any to injury or suspension for rep game. Even Drysdale and Q/cliff I think had 8 players in that team today. They both can't afford to lose any players. Whether they should have been in the team or not is another topic. Other clubs had none playing today so no risk there. I agree the comp is a better standard than what it's showing, especially when you think through all sides and what players didn't play today. I would say the Wimmera team had a similar problem too. At least we can get back into the season proper next week.

I can see the point you are getting at but at the same time some of the top clubs had 5 or 6 players selected in the initial squad. Now these will obviously be 5 or 6 of their best and that's a massive exposure risk to those clubs for their home and away season if they lose any to injury or suspension for rep game. Even Drysdale and Q/cliff I think had 8 players in that team today. They both can't afford to lose any players. Whether they should have been in the team or not is another topic. Other clubs had none playing today so no risk there. I agree the comp is a better standard than what it's showing, especially when you think through all sides and what players didn't play today. I would say the Wimmera team had a similar problem too. At least we can get back into the season proper next week.

The fact is AFL Barwon selected the wrong coaching team and no basically no one wanted to play under them.. I also heard that the guys who did put their hand up but missed out on selection were told via text ... Poor. Afl Barwon hides behind the GFL #1 ranking and the BFL as per normal is the poor relation! They dont take BFL seriously, they think what works at GFL will work at BFL level and they are totally different competitions, even the GFL players that come back recognise this, yet the powers that be dont!
Time to scrap Interleage, it has become a joke for players and administrators

I also heard that the guys who did put their hand up but missed out on selection were told via text ... Poor. s
I really don't think that's a big issue mate. The initial squad was 50 blokes, wouldn't have thought it was real feasible to explain to 28 players individually why they didn't make a representative team.

The difference between BFL and GFL Interleague teams is the league itself. GFL is full of footballers who want to play at the highest level they can and will always put their hand up to play Interleague as its the highest level below VFL. BFL's best players have come from GFL or higher leagues therefore they don't see playing rep footy for BFL as a high honour so they'd rather not play. The only time they all put their hand up is if it is in Geelong

The fact is AFL Barwon selected the wrong coaching team and no basically no one wanted to play under them.. I also heard that the guys who did put their hand up but missed out on selection were told via text ... Poor. Afl Barwon hides behind the GFL #1 ranking and the BFL as per normal is the poor relation! They dont take BFL seriously, they think what works at GFL will work at BFL level and they are totally different competitions, even the GFL players that come back recognise this, yet the powers that be dont!
Time to scrap Interleage, it has become a joke for players and administrators
Agree 100% Big Funky, Interleague is old hat, like the AFL state of origin, no one wants it anymore. Unless the very best 22 play it is meaningless. Would players like Street and Gleeson have been available to play for Ammos and Torquay if they were fixture last week? Of course they would have, but pulled out of interleague. Any way enough of that, BRING ON ROUND 7 OF THE REAL STUFF.

Had to dig deep to find these posts but heard over the weekend this bloke hasn't been sighted since the Thursday night before round 1 after being named at 12 o'clock. Can anyone down at Modda confirm this?

Word on street this joey fama guy spotted at St Marys training. Whats the go there

Word on street this joey fama guy spotted at St Marys training. Whats the go there
I see South Barwon Heads beat Geelong Amatuer Dollars today in the "Cheque Book Cup". Next year they play for the "Cashed Up Derby", and the year after that it's the "We've Got More Money Than Every Other Club Trophy". Should be a good conte$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ttt.

I see South Barwon Heads beat Geelong Amatuer Dollars today in the "Cheque Book Cup". Next year they play for the "Cashed Up Derby", and the year after that it's the "We've Got More Money Than Every Other Club Trophy". Should be a good conte$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ttt.
Posts like that are the reason this thread is dead.

I'm pretty sure there are only 4 from South Barwon, and 1 is a non playing coach. You may as well call Thomson the Hawks because they have 2 Drysdale players this year. Just out of interest, who do you support in local footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmed he has been cleared after telling the modda coach he didn't wanna play footy anymore, will be lining up for Mary's on the weekend

wowza, unbelievable. grovedale to modewarre to marys in the space of a preseason and a couple of rounds haha

Worrying to see Ryan Hargrave's output for Ocean Grove, or lack of it. Has been a major disappointment for no doubt a massive investment.

Most ex afl players are like this which is why i don't understand why clubs keep bothering. Atleast with the points system and salary cap coming in it should stop

Most ex afl players are like this which is why i don't understand why clubs keep bothering. Atleast with the points system and salary cap coming in it should stop
Here, here agree 1000%. The sooner we get rid of these mercenary, money hungry HACKS out of grassroots footy the better, and I include McPhee and Street in that category too.

Here, here agree 1000%. The sooner we get rid of these mercenary, money hungry HACKS out of grassroots footy the better, and I include McPhee and Street in that category too.
Would you include players like Jase Davenport and Tom Gillies in that category?

Not so sure you can include Hargraves and Street in the same conversation here in terms of their performances. Street was a dominant ruckman in the GFL for many years and he has been a standout this season for Ammos and far from a hack. Clearly the best ruck/ruck forward (along with Mitch Day) in the BFL and regardless of what $$$ he may be on he has given great return for the investment this season in my opinion. Whether that money is too much is a different debate. Hargraves on the other hand is a very different story.

Not so sure you can include Hargraves and Street in the same conversation here in terms of their performances. Street was a dominant ruckman in the GFL for many years and he has been a standout this season for Ammos and far from a hack. Clearly the best ruck/ruck forward (along with Mitch Day) in the BFL and regardless of what $$$ he may be on he has given great return for the investment this season in my opinion. Whether that money is too much is a different debate. Hargraves on the other hand is a very different story.
Agreed

Would you include players like Jase Davenport and Tom Gillies in that category?
I think Davenport's a bit different. Gets best on most weeks, made himself available for interleague, and seems from the outside to be a good club mentor for the younger ones. Good point with him. But he and Gillies are a bit different profile, in terms of AFL games played etc. to Street, Hargraves and McPhee. Only an Ammos supporter would think Street is worth what he's reputed to be getting, and he also keeps out a younger player. He's passed it. Only my opinion though.

I think Davenport's a bit different. Gets best on most weeks, made himself available for interleague, and seems from the outside to be a good club mentor for the younger ones. Good point with him. But he and Gillies are a bit different profile, in terms of AFL games played etc. to Street, Hargraves and McPhee. Only an Ammos supporter would think Street is worth what he's reputed to be getting, and he also keeps out a younger player. He's passed it. Only my opinion though.

This site is based mostly on opinion? I don't follow Ammos but have seen a bit of Street and Ammos play this year. I am quite certain there is no "young" player there that he is keeping out of the side, especially based on position played. Certainly no one any where near as good which is great for the rest of the teams. I would say he is their only ruckman.
I guess market force will drive pricing and if you are in demand then that puts you in a great position. In my opinion there wouldn't be a team in the BFL that wouldn't love to have Street playing for them. I agree the costs in local footy make it hard for the less financial clubs to compete but that's life in general. Will the new cap help spread the talent? I am not so sure.

This site is based mostly on opinion? I don't follow Ammos but have seen a bit of Street and Ammos play this year. I am quite certain there is no "young" player there that he is keeping out of the side, especially based on position played. Certainly no one any where near as good which is great for the rest of the teams. I would say he is their only ruckman.
I guess market force will drive pricing and if you are in demand then that puts you in a great position. In my opinion there wouldn't be a team in the BFL that wouldn't love to have Street playing for them. I agree the costs in local footy make it hard for the less financial clubs to compete but that's life in general. Will the new cap help spread the talent? I am not so sure.
Its not about supply and demand, it's about who offers the most, then that's the club they play for. He doesn't love Geelong Amatuers. How many seasons will Ammos get out of Street, doubt very much that he'll be playing in 2016? So at an estimated $30,000 a year, if they don't win the flag it's been a waste of money. Does he give up his own time to teach young ruckman at Under 16 and Colts training, does he get up at 8am Sunday morning to attend junior footy games? If he is their only ruckman, then that's not a great situation for that club, how old is he? The new system isn't a cap, hopefully they go with the points system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back