Ben Nason

Remove this Banner Ad

Was delisted by Richmond would he be worth picking up as a small forward or depth player still young at 22. only had 2 years on richmonds list for 23 games 17 goals
Can anyone explain what went wrong with him? He seemed OK in the first year, surely OK enough to get a second contract?

His kicking lacked any sort of depth and his ball use wasn't overly flash. I can't see anybody looking at him, he's not AFL material.

I'd much rather Hooper and I don't even rate him.

His kicking lacked any sort of depth and his ball use wasn't overly flash. I can't see anybody looking at him, he's not AFL material.

I'd much rather Hooper and I don't even rate him.

This. I also don't rate Hooper very much, but he is better than Nason, quite easily as well. Nason couldn't hit the side of a barn from a metre out, and it lacks any sort of penetration.

No thanks. He is heading back to SA as well, I think.

Im all for picking him up. Id take him in our forward line ahead of Hooper.

Based on what, he is slower, older, has no frame, easilly pushed off ball and has poorer skills, was a terrible call for Richmond to even recruit such a player into AFL system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't want to revert back to a team of short people.

Its a shame though because he was pretty popular (probably because of the hair).

I walked past him at a game once (he was in the crowd), and I couldn't believe how tiny he was. I'm not tall, and I'm about average in build, but I felt like a brick shisenhaus next to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back