bibi01

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2003
Kop End
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
is he going to join the storm of have cronulla trumped them.

important signing for storm if he comes as looks like orford will stay if ross signs.

any news on how this is developing?

From another forum:

Ross puts contract talks on hold
14 July 2005
The rugby league merry-go-round has come to a sudden stop for Queensland prop Ben Ross.

The Penrith forward who is in the middle of contract talks with three NRL clubs has postponed hectic negotiations until this weekend so he can concentrate on what he does best - playing footy.
Despite having another two and a half years left on his Penrith contract, the Panthers surprisingly released Ross due to salary cap constraints - and the frenzy began.

Ross has done a whistlestop tour of Cronulla, South Sydney and Melbourne as he decides on his next NRL home.

But after holding talks with Cronulla, Ross has told manager George Mimis to "not talk contracts" until after Penrith's clash with the Bulldogs on Friday night.

"It's the silly season alright. It's hard to keep your mind on footy with all this going on," Ross said.

"Even though it is a good thing all these clubs showing interest I can't wait for it to be over.

"I will most likely make a decision on the weekend".

"I said to my manager that after today I don't want to hear any more about it until after the Canterbury game on Friday night because I want to concentrate on getting Penrith into the semi-finals."

Ross described talks with Cronulla general manager Steve Rogers as "positive".

But the Queensland Origin prop admitted South Sydney's signing today of Penrith teammate Joe Galuvao could lure him to the Rabbitohs.

"I know Richo (Souths chief executive Shane Richardson) and what he is about so I don't really need to see him formally," he said.

When interviewd after the game last night, he said he would make a decision today. Again, very sad to see big ben go but i guess that's what the salary cap can do to ya.

he's a great signing for Cronulla. I reckon he's one of the toughest bustards in the competition one of the most under rated players.

He's the perfect State of Origin front rower - no fuss, will just hit it up all day and make tackles all day. Won't try anything fancy.

Cleavy said:
Storm signed Jamie Albertson (?) from Souths juniors the other day, so they're definitely preparing for life after Orford.
That should read:

Storm signed James Aubusson from the Roosters juniors the other day, so they're definitely preparing for life after Orford.

:D

Cronulla preparing for life after Jason Stevens with this signing. Only problem is at Origin time next year, we may well be missing two of our props (Nutley and Ross).

Fire Storm said:
Ross is a cat. Glad we didn't sign him.

Of course, he doesnt deserve to be in a wooden spoon team

It looks like the Storm will be challenging the Rabbitohs for the spoon next year the way things are going :)

It might help if the storm could learn the basic skill of holding the ball whilst running, seen them play once live this year in the thrashing by the Sharkies and they couldnt even hold the ball, cost them a few tries by stupid errors. No wonder they are going nowhere and set to lose their only decent player

eddiesmith said:
Of course, he doesnt deserve to be in a wooden spoon team

It looks like the Storm will be challenging the Rabbitohs for the spoon next year the way things are going :)

It might help if the storm could learn the basic skill of holding the ball whilst running, seen them play once live this year in the thrashing by the Sharkies and they couldnt even hold the ball, cost them a few tries by stupid errors. No wonder they are going nowhere and set to lose their only decent player
:confused:

The Storm's form has been exceptional in recent weeks, save the 2nd half of last week. Wooden spoon next year? Get your hand off it, the Storm will be within a whisker of a Premiership next year (probably this year too) and you know it.

Idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just happen to have the best attacking team in the comp based on points. Well, equal with parra. Going nowhere? The pies are going nowhere.....as usual.

Fire Storm said:
We just happen to have the best attacking team in the comp based on points. Well, equal with parra. Going nowhere? The pies are going nowhere.....as usual.

Like I said, the one game I saw live they dropped everything

Without Orford the Storm will be useless. They will be a 1 man team with Billy Slater carrying them

eddiesmith said:

Without Orford the Storm will be useless. They will be a 1 man team with Billy Slater carrying them

Pffft.

Orford has been rubbish for the last 6 weeks.

eddiesmith said:

You are making pretty wild accusations and coming to some strange conclusions after watching just 1 game. Our backs have been making Orford look good for years, without Slater, King, Hill, Geyers, Webster and Inglis, Orford will be useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back