Benalla & District Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly rumoured G/bat and Swannie to O&K tatong ??????
TELEGRAM FROM THE SOUTHERN FRONT! Press release must be imminent [STOP] Have been gratefully included in summary from LFC [STOP] News good and no thirds in 2010 with review on junior footy to continue .. [STOP] ... Tick Tick Tick .. MESSAGE ENDS.

Cheers to all
John Carrot
ps Send three and fourpence .. we're going to a dance!!:thumbsu:

TELEGRAM FROM THE SOUTHERN FRONT! Press release must be imminent [STOP] Have been gratefully included in summary from LFC [STOP] News good and no thirds in 2010 with review on junior footy to continue .. [STOP] ... Tick Tick Tick .. MESSAGE ENDS.

Cheers to all
John Carrot
ps Send three and fourpence .. we're going to a dance!!:thumbsu:

Just read the report JC, good news for you guys, don't have three and four pence for you but could get you a couple of Chew Chew bars...

Just read the report JC, good news for you guys, don't have three and four pence for you but could get you a couple of Chew Chew bars...

G'day Slimbo

The message in my ps is a joke older than our ages combined!

In the world war one trenches the excited captain got good news and told his lieutenant, "We are going forward .. pass back along the line to send re-inforcements .. we are going to advance. By the time the message got through to the General in the bunker it was .."send three and four pence .. we are going to a dance!"

The subtle meaning is that the VCFL news is good for Longwood but we are now going to call on the re-inforcements!!
Cheers Cob
John Carrot:thumbsu:
.. Chew Chew bars? Can you still get them? Last time for me was at the Euroa Satd'y arvo pictures last century, ( .. the 20th Century..)

Is there any where online this report can be viewed ?
G'day Teddy .. or is it Dennis the Menace in Black and White from the Bar?
Send me a big footy message off-line and I'll see what we can to do .. if the VCFL have not gone public yet!
Cheers TEDFNC
John Carrot
ps See you for the Pies v Leggers finale next week ! :thumbsu:;):(

Any more news on Tatong? Are they going to the O&K with G'bat and Swanpool?

Stick with it guys! As we have seen in the PDFL things go in cycles. The Tungamah FL was 'consumed' in 1995-1997 by the powers that be and we now see 5 of those teams back together in the SE PDFL after going their separate ways (Congupna in MFL, All Blacks in O&K, Alex & T-Eildon in YVMD and Mansfield in GV). You might find that if clubs are able to survive that in time a minor league in the Benalla area could again crop up... but it might take 10 years!

Had my first look at Bonnie Doon on the weekend.
Seems the difference between Bonnie Doon and the others has more to do with the others going backwards than Doon going foward.
Though Doon does have a reasonably strong side.
Interested in what you think Carrot, as you have been quite vocal in the past about Doon.
Patch and Troy were good for Longwood but other than those two it seems Longwood has a quite a recruitment drive to do before taking on the KDFL next year.

Had my first look at Bonnie Doon on the weekend.
Seems the difference between Bonnie Doon and the others has more to do with the others going backwards than Doon going foward.
Though Doon does have a reasonably strong side.
Interested in what you think Carrot, as you have been quite vocal in the past about Doon.
Patch and Troy were good for Longwood but other than those two it seems Longwood has a quite a recruitment drive to do before taking on the KDFL next year.
Yeh Roger. Admittedly, the Redlegs are like the drowning man who has sunk twice. This is the last gasp before the traditional third time.
HOWEVER ...
MATE .. IT IS A CHANCE.
A chance for the Leggers to work hard with this opportunity and maybe in the first instance return some sons to the fold. Lance tells me he is doing a bit of "home work" .. if you know what I mean.
As you saw on Satd'y we could have had both firsts and seconds on the field and we still would have only kicked 2 goals against Money Doon.
BUT .. after half time the lads were sick of the arrogance and elbows from these mercenaries and took it right up to ‘em .. and they didn’t like it much!
Hope Swanpool hear about it. Could be interesting mid September,09?
It was a great gate on Saturday with top buzz around the fire drum.
Contrary to what the Beatles sang, money CAN buy you love .. unfortunately that’s the way of most district level premierships these days. Lets hope there is a club that can prove me wrong!!
Cheers
John Carrot :thumbsu:

Yeh Roger. Admittedly, the Redlegs are like the drowning man who has sunk twice. This is the last gasp before the traditional third time.
HOWEVER ...
MATE .. IT IS A CHANCE.
A chance for the Leggers to work hard with this opportunity and maybe in the first instance return some sons to the fold. Lance tells me he is doing a bit of "home work" .. if you know what I mean.
As you saw on Satd'y we could have had both firsts and seconds on the field and we still would have only kicked 2 goals against Money Doon.
BUT .. after half time the lads were sick of the arrogance and elbows from these mercenaries and took it right up to ‘em .. and they didn’t like it much!
Hope Swanpool hear about it. Could be interesting mid September,09?
It was a great gate on Saturday with top buzz around the fire drum.
Contrary to what the Beatles sang, money CAN buy you love .. unfortunately that’s the way of most district level premierships these days. Lets hope there is a club that can prove me wrong!!
Cheers
John Carrot :thumbsu:
No doubt that the key to the future of the Redlegs is in the hands of local interest, on and off the field.
Unfortunate the change has come now and not earlier.
Maybe I should check with Sal if my boots are still around the house.
Maybe I should just stick with golf!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt that the key to the future of the Redlegs is in the hands of local interest, on and off the field.
Unfortunate the change has come now and not earlier.
Maybe I should check with Sal if my boots are still around the house.
Maybe I should just stick with golf!

Would you get the captaincy back Roger?

Can someone help me on this, AFL game $22.50 BDFL final $12.00 Does that mean that you could expect a game equivalent to about 60% of AFL standard..........Some one more synical than I would suggest that 12 bucks is nothing but a cash grab for an uncertain future...

Can someone help me on this, AFL game $22.50 BDFL final $12.00 Does that mean that you could expect a game equivalent to about 60% of AFL standard..........Some one more synical than I would suggest that 12 bucks is nothing but a cash grab for an uncertain future...
Home games at Longwood were $10 so $12 for a final sounds fairly reasonable.
If you have AFL finals tickets Ill have 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try comparing apples with apples!!!!!!
Id sujest stop being such a tight arse.

Home games at Longwood were $10 so $12 for a final sounds fairly reasonable.
If you have AFL finals tickets Ill have 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try comparing apples with apples!!!!!!
Id sujest stop being such a tight arse.
May have jumped a bit quick and hard.
But really is $12 to get into a finals game expensive???

What are you on about? Nice maths though. Do you compare everything like this?

I'm sure I paid $8 to see a GVFL H&A game 2 weeks ago.....And you cant tell me that the running costs of a BDFL club [excluding B/Doon] aren't considerably less than that of a PDFL or GVFL club......

I went and watched a division for free its a better standard of football 2!:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back