Debutant
Jan 5, 2006
THE BiG V
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool - MiGhTy ReDs !
Hi guys,

planning on going to europe next year to study, trying to decide what airline to fly.......

please any thoughts and experience you have had with airlines would be welcome

Especially Malaysian, Singapore and even Qantas

Thanks

Hi guys,

planning on going to europe next year to study, trying to decide what airline to fly.......

please any thoughts and experience you have had with airlines would be welcome

Especially Malaysian, Singapore and even Qantas

Thanks

for a one way experience in economy whatever is cheapest.

Singapore airlines is a class above every other airlines and I have flown QANTAS and Malaysian regularly for business OS.

They actually keep serving you the whole flight...hot towels, come through with water / juice often and the best choice of audio / visual entertainment.

However, when comparing those 3, they are all good and basically if you are saving money take whatever of the 3 is cheapest.

Yeah, it is all much of a muchness really. Just look around and get the cheapest flights. Recently I have flown with Qantas and Air France internationally and was not disappointed.

Singapore, daylight Malaysian daylight, nightime, daylight .......Qantas

I hate Qantas with a passion. Awful service, old planes, disgusting old and rude hosties.

The little asians at least give you the impression they want to serve you.

In fact, if you have the choice always fly an Asian airline over an Australian, European or American airline. I think it's still quite a glamorous job for the Asians, where in western countries they know they are just waitresses/cleaners/maids in the air.

I've had bad experiences with QANTAS to and from Japan. Probably wouldn't fly with them again given a choice. On one flight they ran out of meals for the last few customers!! On another the plane had no in-flight entertainment system. Also the time displayed on the plane was completely wrong for the whole flight. Staff were rude too - not what I expected.

Malaysian airlines and Singapore airlines have been great in my experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks for all the fedback every one

seems like Singapore is the best to fly with will certainly look at it

At the moment the cheapest flight i can get is with Malaysian so i will have to consider my options

thanks for all the fedback every one

seems like Singapore is the best to fly with will certainly look at it

At the moment the cheapest flight i can get is with Malaysian so i will have to consider my options
Definitely settle for Malaysian. I have only heard good things.

havent flown with singapore for over 16 years. i fly with cathay at least 3 times a year, and i love them.

but i know that singapore and emirates are the best. emirates - if you fly first class) pick you up from your hotel when you're leaving the country and drive you to the airport in a limo!

for a 195CM person seat pitch means everything when picking an airline. Forget service, entertainment etc. I prefer a good book. Not sure who wins that battle but it sure as hell ain't emirates or qantas.

I’d go with Singapore first in terms of service, although the connections out of Singapore always seem to involve a long wait when you come from Perth. Cathay are good but I can’t be bothered going via Hong Kong, I always prefer to keep flights as direct as possible.

Years since I flew Malaysian. Seemed pretty good at the time, although the KL airport was very average.

Emirates is my usual choice to Europe as it splits the legs up nicely and you can avoid Heathrow – no beds in 1st and business classes though. Service is pretty good.

Qantas have gone to hell since they started forcing the hosties onto contract. The black pyjama crowd that work economy are undermanned, underpaid and usually grumpy. Unless you start making demands they generally ignore you.
If they move aircraft maintenance offshore I’ll pretty much give up on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back