Best Ground of all APS schools?

Remove this Banner Ad

scotches oval is looking great, better than others where the turf pitches were.
there is a slight dull patch over near the changerooms

Not too sure about Carey... pretty bad atmosphere, out in the stix, pretty vast surrounds for 3/4 of the ground. In terms of atmosphere it would be:
Geelong College
Brighton
Scotch
Xavier
Caulfield
Skevs
Wesley
MGS (flack park), but main is awesome
Geelong Grammar
Carey
Haileybury

Actual grounds in terms of turf condition would have MGS, Scotch and Xavs up there. Wesley used to be, Carey way too wet. Geelong Grammar pretty good. Caulfield have just got theirs resurfaced, so not sure about them, but Brighton's turf is a shocker. Haileybury is middling.

Not too sure about Carey... pretty bad atmosphere, out in the stix, pretty vast surrounds for 3/4 of the ground. In terms of atmosphere it would be:
Geelong College
Brighton
Scotch
Xavier
Caulfield
Skevs
Wesley
MGS (flack park), but main is awesome
Geelong Grammar
Carey
Haileybury

Actual grounds in terms of turf condition would have MGS, Scotch and Xavs up there. Wesley used to be, Carey way too wet. Geelong Grammar pretty good. Caulfield have just got theirs resurfaced, so not sure about them, but Brighton's turf is a shocker. Haileybury is middling.

Trust someone from "brrrriiiigggghttttoon" to think Carey is out in the sticks

Trust someone from "brrrriiiigggghttttoon" to think Carey is out in the sticks
Well... it is...

Brighton's about 5 minutes from the CBD down Nepean... and Bulleen's about half an hour...

But... TRF, if you're referring to Old Brighton's ground then you are right, but you cant possibly suggest that the scrap at the actual school is the 2nd best ground...

Well... it is...

Brighton's about 5 minutes from the CBD down Nepean... and Bulleen's about half an hour...

But... TRF, if you're referring to Old Brighton's ground then you are right, but you cant possibly suggest that the scrap at the actual school is the 2nd best ground...
read the criteria: grounds in order of atmosphere, but yes, as I said, their actual turf condition and ground size is a shocker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good old Main Oval at Geelong College is in ripe condition at the moment and is def one of the best grounds in the competition with a lot of room to move.

well until any of you have played in a cordner-eggleston on the scotch main you cannot comment on it, careys oval gets very very very heavy and once the game has stated the ball never dries therefor it is aways a shocking game, plus carey is always playing on it so their goes that idea. just give scotchs main a game and you'll see what im talkig about and i dont even go to scotch, it kills me to say thie but scotchs wins no questions asked

well until any of you have played in a cordner-eggleston on the scotch main you cannot comment on it, careys oval gets very very very heavy and once the game has stated the ball never dries therefor it is aways a shocking game, plus carey is always playing on it so their goes that idea. just give scotchs main a game and you'll see what im talkig about and i dont even go to scotch, it kills me to say this but scotchs wins no questions asked

i agree completely. i was at the cordner-eggleston last year, and it was an amazing atmosphere. MGS main is not bad in terms of atmosphere, but the ground is wayy too small

Remove this Banner Ad

Back