Gym & Misc Best gym you've been to and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to this gym in Mermaid Beach for a while in '97. Huge space, always empty, robust equipment and some quality boxing/ kickboxing gear down the back.

The owner had this massive chip on his shoulder about Adam Gilchrist, had a series of pinboards up with articles (some that he'd typed up himself!) why Healy should have been the Aussie wicketkeeper into his 40s and Gilchrist was a hopeless flash in the pan. Hilarious in hindsight.
Mermaid Beach as in the one on the Gold Coast?

Spartans gym in Kilsyth. Massive gym with any equipment you need. Never crowded. Used to be owned by a champion bodybuilder but not sure about these days. I now go to a genesis because it's close to work. It's ok, not great, but it's enough.
Yeah I used to train at Spartans regularly when I was in the area. No nonsense gym with, as you say, all the equipment you need. Pretty much a lifters only gym. A little run down at times, but for a no frills gym, I haven't come across a better one.

Sadly moved away from the area and train at a YMCA, which only has a tiny range of the same equipment at Spartans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back