Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Redan Lions said:
very hard to say who the best in country vic is but from watching this bloke for 3 years wouldn't be many better thats for sure. as master said 21 yrs old, 2 senior b&f's and 2 MVP's for a team that has been 1st 2nd and 3rd those three years in a league which is in one of the top 5 leagues in country vic. in winning these b&f's he has been at uni sinking a ****load of piss so would be scary what he could do if football was his main priority. have heard Murray Bushrangers said he 'lacked pace and wasn't good in close' just proves what fu*ks we have running some TAC teams cause that is clearly peace's strength. will be sad to see him leave the club if he does finaly have a crack at the big league next yr but wish him all the best and if your a country club needing a PE teacher who is a freak footballer peace is your man

Couldnt agree more. For a young lad like peace to tie with julian field it is absolutely amazing. Big future. Fingers crossed redan keeps him and the club goes back to back.

bit older now but Gavin Lloyd still playing at Balranald in the central murray

Won nearly ten club B&Fs and three league medals. Absolute star! If he was a little quicker would have made it even though he should have anyway. Disagree with Luke Rosa too. Good player but nowhere near the best in country vic. I'm telling you bloke in the Wimmera that Marc Grieg will win the league medal. I'd put $100 on it.
Tim Inkster ex Beulah player now playes safl

It sure was. Look at us now though, div 4 i think. Still have star players up there with the best in country vic, but not as many as those days. Lance Brown, sean charles, jarrod arentz, brendan shepherd would all be picked in any interleague side in the state

no-one doubts cmfls potential..i think their problem is getting these players on the park..with all the money floating around the league now why would all these guns want too play interleague for nothing, and risk injury and not getting their $1000 a game for the rest of the season

Had the pleasure of playing with shawn for a few years and agree 100% one of the most courageous ive seen.A fearless leader who hates losing

so you have played with the great man madpie? what era and for which team did u give mr filo your services??

Ryan Harris playing for Ballarat Swans is one for the future, had many games last year collecting well over 30 possies... john northey took him too meet terry wallace at richmond. may be doing a pre season with them this year, not sure

Ryan Harris playing for Ballarat Swans is one for the future, had many games last year collecting well over 30 possies... john northey took him too meet terry wallace at richmond. may be doing a pre season with them this year, not sure

thats a great scoop there docker, you must have your finger in a few pies to grab a hold of that one..whats the word on harris can he play? do u know the bloke, he is rumoured to be heading to my old team in the cmfl?

Mark Power from sunbury is a freak.. looks like a little kid but if u dont watch him he'll have 30 and 4 goals by half time..
Aggressive streak in him makes him fun to play against

Tim Inkster ex Beulah player now playes safl

Played against him a few years back, absolute superstar, there wasnt much he couldnt do on the footy field. Won a granny this year with west torrens i think and also represented SA against the WAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bloke named Owen Weatherley, 25yrs old ,6'2 about 110kg. played juniors against him then went missing. Had the displeasure of playing on him in 06, 07. Goalkicking machine who likes to hurt people in his road, kicked 130+ for those 2 yrs. Was playing central highlands now for Nth Adelaide sanfl. Not the best vcfl player but rated highly in our area

Darren Bennet in his prime would have to be just about the best country footballer Victoria has ever seen, played one season with him 3 years ago when he was at the end of it all and the bloke still had that freakish ability you only see in special footballers.

Linc Wellington former Tatura footballer and now coaching Numurkah or something is an absoloute gem, i doubt many from the GV would disagree with me when saying you would be hard pressed to find a better midfielder in country vic.

Mark 'Sergie' Power when on song is so ridiculosy damaging it makes one sick, loves a the biffo and is as hard as anyone anywhere in the country, doesnt care if there 6ft4 or 5ft2 he will have a crack. Is hated by many but loved by plenty and I personally think he is one of the best footballers to watch at suburban level.

James Scambler from Birchip would easily be up there as well, the guys from the VAFA will know of him as he was probably one of if not the most damaging player in the comp a few years back, has a massive left peg and is as quick as anyone ive seen, is a perfect build for it to.

Danny Jordan as of right now would be the best footballer outside of the AFL system in Australia, its a massive call but the bloke is a deadset freak. Geelong where keen for him but i dont think he ever really showed the desire. Is completly tearing the Ballarat comp apart with East Point, could command any some of money at any level footy he wanted to.

cheers

Not a bad list of country footballers mate, but lets be honest saad saad and archard wouldnt blow wind up robbie walkers bum he was a freak and could have been anything but couldnt or didnt commit to going and playing in the big league but dont get me wrong those two can play the game

I might have missed a quote but I can't believe that it took until the 11th page of this thread for someone to mention Robbie Walker. 5 Morris medals, 12 club B & F's over 300 games and he had it all. He turned many a game on it's head during his distinguished career.

best player i've seen was craig sholl at echuca (does he count?)
rhys archard would be up there.
did anyone see a guy called wade gillingham play?

best player i've seen was craig sholl at echuca (does he count?)
rhys archard would be up there.
did anyone see a guy called wade gillingham play?

congratulations bathy, this is the first comment you have made that may include a small portion of the truth.
as to the best players in country vic, i remember one of the sexton's giving cohuna real hiding in the ruck in a practice match one year, especially in the last quarter

fork tongue, you must have been confused or drunk at that practice match. sexton was on fire early until the kangas swung a.farrant into the ruck from full forward (after he had kicked 5 in the wet) and took sexton to the cleaners. cohuna rover chris waterson said after that game he has never had an arm chair ride quite like it and he has played with mat randell and john ironmonger!

fork tongue, you must have been confused or drunk at that practice match. sexton was on fire early until the kangas swung a.farrant into the ruck from full forward (after he had kicked 5 in the wet) and took sexton to the cleaners. cohuna rover chris waterson said after that game he has never had an arm chair ride quite like it and he has played with mat randell and john ironmonger!

old "armchair" farrant hey??

Darren Bennet in his prime would have to be just about the best country footballer Victoria has ever seen, played one season with him 3 years ago when he was at the end of it all and the bloke still had that freakish ability you only see in special footballers.

Linc Wellington former Tatura footballer and now coaching Numurkah or something is an absoloute gem, i doubt many from the GV would disagree with me when saying you would be hard pressed to find a better midfielder in country vic.

Mark 'Sergie' Power when on song is so ridiculosy damaging it makes one sick, loves a the biffo and is as hard as anyone anywhere in the country, doesnt care if there 6ft4 or 5ft2 he will have a crack. Is hated by many but loved by plenty and I personally think he is one of the best footballers to watch at suburban level.

James Scambler from Birchip would easily be up there as well, the guys from the VAFA will know of him as he was probably one of if not the most damaging player in the comp a few years back, has a massive left peg and is as quick as anyone ive seen, is a perfect build for it to.

Danny Jordan as of right now would be the best footballer outside of the AFL system in Australia, its a massive call but the bloke is a deadset freak. Geelong where keen for him but i dont think he ever really showed the desire. Is completly tearing the Ballarat comp apart with East Point, could command any some of money at any level footy he wanted to.

cheers

hey guys, new member. would have to agree with tige19, james scambler is one of the most damaging players i have had the pleasure (or pain ;) ) of playing against. His left boot is one of the most impressive also.

cheers
Agree with Jordan, but would have had serge 3-4 years ago... hands down.

Agree with Jordan, but would have had serge 3-4 years ago... hands down.

Different players mate, Sergie would have 35 touches lay 10 tackels and kick 5 from the midfield. Danny Jordan will take 15 grabs kick 8 and take 5 or 6 screamers just for fun, both are guns but Jordan is a class above anything ive seen at local level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back