Keeper Lg. Big Footy Dynasty - 2013 List Managment Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick #72 - Matt Thomas
I'm surprised that the reigning Magarey Medallist lasted this long. Of course his value dropped as he is only a rookie, but with the Tigers having two spots open, I expect him and Miles to be promoted. Possibly Banfield might take a spot of those too. Regardless, Thomas was pretty stiff not to get more games at senior level last year. He racked up 30 possessions in the SANFL a week before finals and didn't get included, but did happen to get sacked from Port only 36 hours before winning the SANFL B&F. Harsh. I get the feeling that he's insurance for Foley as he's close in age and a little bit bigger. If he does get games I am betting that he will run out full games, not just a sub. In an odd twist, after drafting Matt White it's pretty much a straight swap for Tigers-Port and I got both players at Lightning.

360735-3272fec4-1f7a-11e3-be3f-44d866e24c59.jpg

Matt does well with the ladies. Ironically her name is Stacey Power.

261966-matthew-thomas.jpg

Yep.

power.jpg

A beautiful posture from Mr Thomas.

Specky over The Black Mumba.

I've been contemplating putting the write-up together for the player I want, but I don't want to jinx it in case StAnselm takes him :/
I think you are safe Rockford :) Are you putting Campbell Brown on Gut's list manually? If I was him I would go Duigan! Even though neither will obviously play, I feel Duigan will somehow offer a positive vibe! Wow wee, talk about Ying and Yang, there is quite a spectrum of character, virtues and vices between those two!

I think you are safe Rockford :) Are you putting Campbell Brown on Gut's list manually? If I was him I would go Duigan! Even though neither will obviously play, I feel Duigan will somehow offer a positive vibe! Wow wee, talk about Ying and Yang, there is quite a spectrum of character, virtues and vices between those two!

Yeah, with Saad being a foregone conclusion I'll set my auto-ranking and post my selection in here. That way flaps can do the same, and so on... so that when threenewpadlocks gets on there's a bunch of auto-picks that tick over :) Stay tuned....

So, in the end there were still 5 players that were available at pick 85 that I gave at least some consideration to at pick 52! That gives me at least some cause for concern over my research and drafting ability as in a perverse way I'd have liked for them all to have gone in the selections directly after 52 to validate my choices ;)

This pick potentially isn't the smart choice. The last thing I need is more forwards. But I just can't go past this kid, and it was a real coin-flip at 52 to take Battersby over him (I expected them both to be gone). Anyway, without further ado...

Pick 85. Matthew McDonough
It'll be hard to believe but being an U18 All Australian isn't actually a prerequisite to getting drafted by the Raiders, but it doesn't hurt. Matt was named in the forward line in the 2012 U18 AA side after finishing the top scorer for SA with an average of 3.4 goals a game while also averaging 18.4 disposals. He was impressive as an underager in the 2011 carnival too, and finished the top scorer for SA with 14 goals in 5 games. He was a huge part of his U18 SANFL team winning the GF in 2012 with a 28 disposal, 4 goal effort.

I have a tendency to use Geelong players as a point of reference and McDonough reminds me of Chapman. Chocco (the Tigers development coach) has described McDonough as "probably the most natural footballer we have at the club". There's a heap more research that went under the bridge for this pick but I won't bore you with it all. I thought when he wasn't named for the NAB cup game that he might make it to 52 for me, I'm stoked he didn't play now, as I've got him at 85. Welcome to the Raiders, Matt McDonough.

Matt%2BMcDonough%2BAFL%2BRd%2B21%2BRichmond%2Bv%2BCarlton%2BsHT3WnosU5nl.jpg

I've deleted my rankings, just put McDonough back on the list and changed my settings to "Automatic if Ranks". flaps, you can pretty much make your selection now as I have done and then tag mrpez :D

Can't believe my involvement in the draft is over... really wish I had pick 88 live now.

This pick potentially isn't the smart choice. The last thing I need is more forwards. But I just can't go past this kid, and it was a real coin-flip at 52 to take Battersby over him (I expected them both to be gone). Anyway, without further ado...

I don't know about that. When you have someone like Ben Kennedy as your 16th ranked forward (out of 20!), you can never be too careful!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe I managed to trade Grundy for pick 73 - his stats are far worse than Dempster's (and Chaplin's too, for that matter). :p

There were a lot of players on the FA list at the end of last season that could've had spots on lists... it's funny how we come to own the players we select, there's players I couldn't bring myself to drop to select Nicholls from the FA list last season (for example). And look how that turned out...

I can't believe I managed to trade Grundy for pick 73 - his stats are far worse than Dempster's (and Chaplin's too, for that matter). :p
I think pretty much every pick over 60 or so are about as valuable as each other. But at least i've got a player that i can readily delist straight away if there is a FA i like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back