Big Q "the Rock"

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 15, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Another fine performance from the big fella down back. He's going from strength to strength.
Why the hell didnt he get a game last year?

Lynchey

I cannot believe it myself - but three, that's right THREE times during the game,I found myself saying " Well done Lynchey" :eek: He was beaten a couple of times by Thompson, but on the whole,he was very, very good. (And it is good to see him throwing his considerable weight around as well) .

Re: Lynchey

Originally posted by vicki
I cannot believe it myself - but three, that's right THREE times during the game,I found myself saying " Well done Lynchey" :eek: He was beaten a couple of times by Thompson, but on the whole,he was very, very good. (And it is good to see him throwing his considerable weight around as well) .

The faith is coming, slowly but ever so slowly.......

PS must be all that garlic....

Ive always said, you can check my posts! that Lynch is a backman. Ive seen him at WAFL level there many times and he is just so much better running out of defense booming kicks into the forward line(which he has considerable improved on pinpointing) that leading out, marking and kicking through 2 sticks. Just breathes confidence down back, like its his home and he knows every nook and cranny.

He is definately a backman and proved it for West Perth last year. This probably stems from the fact that as a forward he has a tendency to duck his head when going for marks.... he is the hunted as a forward..... as a backman he is taken to the contest.... and is the hunter.... and is able to smash the ball away without worryign about having to put his hands up to mark it and get smashed which is what it looks like his main problem is.

I'm a WP boy so i've always thought he was going to be ok.

But I sang his praises after the Collingwood game, he was good then (after good intra-club form) and has only got better.

he's big and now he's angry - he wants a spot in the team and lookout if you get in his way.

Having said that he's showing some smarts too!! i think this is going to be a good news story for us.

I am always glad to see a Garlic Muncher make it at AFL level (and good to see a few named tonight at the dinner), hopefully he will make it along with Keps and Pettigrew.

Best of luck Lynchy.

Looks like he might be the goods (despite that garlicky influence). Maybe not giving him a game last year was a good thing - he's come out hungry to prove that he should be in the side.

Must admit I struggled a little with taking someone with Muncher origins on in the Player Draft... must be the "Q" that made the difference ;)

Re: Re: Big Q "the Rock"

Originally posted by Sera
I am always glad to see a Garlic Muncher make it at AFL level (and good to see a few named tonight at the dinner), hopefully he will make it along with Keps and Pettigrew.

Best of luck Lynchy.

Well you doubted him even getting a go this season...Looks like your rumour was slightly askew....

GO LYNCHY!!!!

Cannot wait to see him match up on Polak and throw him around like a rag doll :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's a big season for the Q.

we really need to see him step up, preferably at CHB.

If he shows he can hold down CHB than we'll be in a 10 times stronger position than if he can't.

We defientaly need to see him throw his weight around because iff it's one thing we definetaly lack it's big boys who aren't afraid to hurt people.

Gardiner and Gaspar can't really afford to as a hip and shoulder usually sees them out for 4-6 weeks :(. MacDougall's still pretty lanky and although he's gutsy it's not really his style to throw his body around. Simlar story with Glass.

Adkins will be OK

No1rankfellar is right - Adkins will do well this year.

My heartbeat lifted when he grabbed the ball on the wing in the Collingwood game, took two bounces while running full paced - under pressure from his opponent and slotted a goal through from near the 50 metre line.

It's probably been said on this site before but he reminded me of the 1992 Walzing Matera.

And PA's Carr is a snot but if he was playing for us he'd be a hardie and not a softie.

Re: Adkins will be OK

Originally posted by smilingassassin
And PA's Carr is a snot but if he was playing for us he'd be a hardie and not a softie.

He might be a snot, but there's noone I'd insult by calling them a Hardie. Hardie's in a class of his own.

I couldn't get to the Collywobble game - damn those family do's - and had to watch it on TV.

At least twice the commentators erred and called Adkins as Judd. He has beefed up and he's quick. I'll have him and big Q in my quinella for most improved this year.

Re: Adkins will be OK

Originally posted by smilingassassin
No1rankfellar is right - Adkins will do well this year.

Wash your mouth... How dare you called me "rank" :)

At least you agreed with me so you get some points I guess :D

You are lucky though or I would have had you!!! :D :D

Congrats to the Big Q on his selection. None of us really doubted that he would get the nod this week, but im sure after missing the entire season last year it would of been an anxious wait for him to see whether he was in or not. Good to see all his hard work in the WAFL and the preseason has paid off for him.

GO THE Q !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back