BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

Please let it be next gen! I must be the only unlucky bloke without previous gen console and I'm getting abit sick of afl 2007

Any developments or news regarding AFL Live 3? BigAnt need to develop this game more. Bradman 2014 is amazing and EA will never do it so bigant should. PLEASE BIGANT HELP US ALL

Something about AFL Live 3 on AFL Gaming.
http://www.aflgaming.com/AFLLive3
AFL%20Live%203%20Official%20Cover.jpg
What Happened to the link? It's like it doesn't exist anymore, can someone tell me what it said.

Not looking good for next gen consoles IMO.

No news whatsoever is shattering.
And with the Australian video game industry one of the least funded in the world, I don't see this changing anytime soon. Highly doubtful that any programming being done for the next gen consoles on Australian soil is of anything close to the next gen standard.

And with the Australian video game industry one of the least funded in the world, I don't see this changing anytime soon. Highly doubtful that any programming being done for the next gen consoles on Australian soil is of anything close to the next gen standard.

Borderlands was made in Canberra - there's plenty of good stuff made here despite the lack of support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borderlands was made in Canberra - there's plenty of good stuff made here despite the lack of support.
Having a 2k developer is great to have in Australia, and yes, L.A Noire was developed in Sydney (by a now disbanded Team Bondi.)

Other than Bigant, 2k and Bluetongue (Deblob, Deblob 2) Australia really struggles to compete with the rest of the world, often being forced to do ports of games to other consoles (Krome ported The Force Unleased to Ps2, Psp and the Wii) or simply lacking the fiances to develop games that would be successful worldwide. Considering we are the 13th highest country in terms of revenue for video games, surely more could be done to help support the industry?

Having a 2k developer is great to have in Australia, and yes, L.A Noire was developed in Sydney (by a now disbanded Team Bondi.)

Other than Bigant, 2k and Bluetongue (Deblob, Deblob 2) Australia really struggles to compete with the rest of the world, often being forced to do ports of games to other consoles (Krome ported The Force Unleased to Ps2, Psp and the Wii) or simply lacking the fiances to develop games that would be successful worldwide. Considering we are the 13th highest country in terms of revenue for video games, surely more could be done to help support the industry?

The GFC and Australian Dollar crash devastated most of the industry as it was back then. The mobile guys are probably earning more than anyone in the Australian industry has before and so the industry is as strong as it's ever been in that regard.

It's all about what we in Australia want going forward, if we want console development here then it needs support to compete against nations that are giving literally 100's of millions of dollars away to devs and publishers to attract them.

If BigAnt make it, I want to see them fix two or three things.

1) The biggest one is the sub glitch. The next AFL game they make, they need to work out how we can use the sub in the game without the game freezing every time.

2) Make there not be so many stoppages.

3) There is a glitch where, if the ball goes out of bounds near the goals, the AI football just stands there with the ball, until a ball-up is called. It needs to be fixed where the AI player kicks the ball back in before the whistle blows.

Also, add a career mode, and multiple fixtures.

I think the best thing we can hope for is for BA to be a strong, vibrant studio busily working away at next gen titles, ideally sport. Anything that helps them be the obvious choice when the stars align for a new AFL game.

Pretty sure news would leak a year or so out, so fingers are crossed for 2016. Speaking of fingers, really hopes the AFL themselves pulls theirs out and realises they can't sit around letting kids play FIFA all day and think that won't have an impact longer term. Especially with the next gen consoles becoming mainstream and the increasing seriousness with which people take their competitive gaming. Sure BA or whoever might not be able to make an AFL game that is the equal to FIFA but with the right opportunity they can make a really fun title, something that BA was well on the way to doing an incredibly depressing five years ago. That's a lot of lost time & opportunity.

Last edited:
Well played ;-)

Guess I'll be direct, are Big Ant working on AFL 3?

I can't say anything even slightly related to the subject, I would if I could.

Take your point but didn't news leak months before? I can't be arsed to go back and check. Didn't a Port player say he had his photo taken for the game in the off season or something?
Yeah you're right, forgot about that. Good point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back