BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

I sat down with Simon from Tru Blu 2 weeks ago at their office in Riverwood. Lets just say Simon isn't a very tech savvy bloke. He would not see any petitions or anything.

I showed him a facebook pole of which game people would rather. AFL 1 - 60 votes, AFL 2 - 1 vote (HAHA). He was then wowed by that fact.

He knows that AFL Live 2 was horrible, but does he care? I don't really think so.

It's a business for him, he is a nice enough bloke but at the end of the day he is a typical businessman and not a gamer. Hence why we would probably be served more dog s**t afl games.

My advice: Someone go in and see him, show him how many signatures this petition has.

I believe we can do something about this; however we need to take a different approach to it.

I still play Rugby League Live 2, good fun. Think Rugby League 3 will hurt as it will show what AFL Live could have eventuated into.

I had the privilege of playing the RLL3 Focus Test at Big Ant's office. Was a great experience. And yes; I did feel like crying because of what could of been. But if you have like Rugby League I suggest you go pre order it! Definitely worth getting.

I had the privilege of playing the RLL3 Focus Test at Big Ant's office. Was a great experience. And yes; I did feel like crying because of what could of been. But if you have like Rugby League I suggest you go pre order it! Definitely worth getting.
Can't wait. Praying Tru Blu and Big Ant sort something out with AFL Live 3.

I sat down with Simon from Tru Blu 2 weeks ago at their office in Riverwood. Lets just say Simon isn't a very tech savvy bloke. He would not see any petitions or anything.

I showed him a facebook pole of which game people would rather. AFL 1 - 60 votes, AFL 2 - 1 vote (HAHA). He was then wowed by that fact.

He knows that AFL Live 2 was horrible, but does he care? I don't really think so.

It's a business for him, he is a nice enough bloke but at the end of the day he is a typical businessman and not a gamer. Hence why we would probably be served more dog s**t afl games.

My advice: Someone go in and see him, show him how many signatures this petition has.

I believe we can do something about this; however we need to take a different approach to it.
was there any hint of another AFL game at all?

Dobz:

There are petitions already out there and lots of threads like this that do exist..

I don't understand why that person from Tru Blu needs so much influencing...

Surely the fact Big Ant who developed Don Bradman Cricket and Rugby league live games, great games, released under Tru Blu, is enough to give them an idea that just maybe Big Ant are the obvious choice going forward. Also the fact that AFL Live the game BA created is the most popular out of the two AFL games released so far from the AFL community...

Surely with the statistics and data available for sales and popularity, what more needs to be said...

I'd have thought it'd be obvious to all those involved and your post seems odd from afar, as a fan of the game.

surely that man you spoke with has to have some idea of this than just purely business. Anyone with a shred of self awareness has to know it, right!? Just a tiny bit of research suggests that the first incarnation was a great quality game.

In my opinion as a big fan of Don Bradman, RLL and AFL Live 1, BA are the EA of Australia.

Last edited:
Every now and then when I'm on Twitter I'll tweet to TruBlu to bring back BigAnt. Have never been acknowledged though, and I'm pretty sure no one even mans their Twitter account, they just push out the odd tweet every few months and then forget about it.

Even if they don't respond to that and just send out news tweets, which they could respond, surely they must know, just through sheer interest of the AFL games appeal, reviews, out of a bit of research. You don't have to be tech savvy to do that and doesn't take much time to check. Anyway.

Fingers crossed BA get it back, if another game is given the green light. I'm cheering for BA here, because they put a lot of work into game development.

I sat down with Simon from Tru Blu 2 weeks ago at their office in Riverwood.

Well done Dobz. Every little bit helps.

Sadly though I think the dollars will stop BA being part of it anytime soon. No one will sign off on losing money no matter the passion involved. Our only hope is BA patching AFL 1 for cheap, and there is no viable marketing plan for that. In a year or two maybe there is a possibility of a next gen title, but again the dollars, how do we get past that. I hate to say it but I don't see it coming together anytime soon.

This is the situation.

AFL LIVE 1:
AFL Live 1 was one of the greatest AFL based games created to date. Fun to play, fun to watch, just a great game. It lacked a bit here and there but we hoped AFL Live 2 would fix that.

AFL LIVE 2:
A massive step backwards. Poor gameplay, mechanics and even graphics (I think AFL Live 1 looked nicer).

OTHERS:
Don Bradman Cricket is by far one of my favourite games EVER. Although I enjoy cricket, AFL is the sport I would die for. But the Cricket game is by far the best game BA has released to date.

AFL LIVE 3: What We Would Like
- It to exist
- BA to develop it
- Don Bradman Cricket like graphics
- Slight adjustments to the gameplay of AFL Live 1 (e.g. Dribble Goals from boundary, better tackle/specky animations, just a bit smoother)
- A Don Bradman Cricket like Career mode (you only play as yourself)
- An AFL Ultimate Team. I honestly think this would get enough backing by the AFL Live community to make BA some money.

BigAnt are a great company and we all love their games (some better than others). If they were to develop a fantastic 'AFL Live 3' game they would definitely make their money back (and then some). BigAnt is our last hope, because I don't want anything remotely similar to 'AFL Wii' made by Wicked Witch. Lets just hope BA announce AFL Live 3 in the future and not any other company.

This is the situation.

AFL LIVE 1:
AFL Live 1 was one of the greatest AFL based games created to date. Fun to play, fun to watch, just a great game. It lacked a bit here and there but we hoped AFL Live 2 would fix that.

AFL LIVE 2:
A massive step backwards. Poor gameplay, mechanics and even graphics (I think AFL Live 1 looked nicer).

OTHERS:
Don Bradman Cricket is by far one of my favourite games EVER. Although I enjoy cricket, AFL is the sport I would die for. But the Cricket game is by far the best game BA has released to date.

AFL LIVE 3: What We Would Like
- It to exist
- BA to develop it
- Don Bradman Cricket like graphics
- Slight adjustments to the gameplay of AFL Live 1 (e.g. Dribble Goals from boundary, better tackle/specky animations, just a bit smoother)
- A Don Bradman Cricket like Career mode (you only play as yourself)
- An AFL Ultimate Team. I honestly think this would get enough backing by the AFL Live community to make BA some money.

BigAnt are a great company and we all love their games (some better than others). If they were to develop a fantastic 'AFL Live 3' game they would definitely make their money back (and then some). BigAnt is our last hope, because I don't want anything remotely similar to 'AFL Wii' made by Wicked Witch. Lets just hope BA announce AFL Live 3 in the future and not any other company.
Carreer mode only as yourself would be just awesome. Pushing up from the forward line when you need to. Sneaking forward to kick a goal as a full back. Would just be fun

Carreer mode only as yourself would be just awesome. Pushing up from the forward line when you need to. Sneaking forward to kick a goal as a full back. Would just be fun

I know right. It would be awesome. Your player could win Brownlows and Colemans.
We can only hope!!

Dobz:

There are petitions already out there and lots of threads like this that do exist..

I don't understand why that person from Tru Blu needs so much influencing...

Surely the fact Big Ant who developed Don Bradman Cricket and Rugby league live games, great games, released under Tru Blu, is enough to give them an idea that just maybe Big Ant are the obvious choice going forward. Also the fact that AFL Live the game BA created is the most popular out of the two AFL games released so far from the AFL community...

The bloke is the CEO of Tru Blu, therefore he gets the final say.

As much as He would love Big Ant to have it, he also has a theory (which I don't agree with) that would see his business not survive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke is the CEO of Tru Blu, therefore he gets the final say.

As much as He would love Big Ant to have it, he also has a theory (which I don't agree with) that would see his business not survive.

Completely fair enough for him to to have that opinion.

However..

Big Ant have now shown that they can produce a game with brilliant graphics and gameplay, being "Don Bradman" cricket as the exmample, and the soon to be RLL3.

So Big Ant are now at a point of progression where they could really create a brilliant AFL game, especially because they've already released one AFL game already..

So looking at previous sales, ok, maybe not in 2012, but it's 2015/16 and now is a time when Big Ant could not only release a brilliant new AFL game but Tru Blu and the AFL could really market the game in a big way to go along with a new release...

If the market isn't there then so be it, it's a shame if that's so. If that is the case, then maybe we should be grateful that 2011 edition even exists at all.

If the money isn't there then so be it.

Lucky we have the games we got from 2011/12.

Completely fair enough for him to to have that opinion.

However..

Big Ant have now shown that they can produce a game with brilliant graphics and gameplay, being "Don Bradman" cricket as the exmample, and the soon to be RLL3.

So Big Ant are now at a point of progression where they could really create a brilliant AFL game, especially because they've already released one AFL game already..

So looking at previous sales, ok, maybe not in 2012, but it's 2015/16 and now is a time when Big Ant could not only release a brilliant new AFL game but Tru Blu and the AFL could really market the game in a big way to go along with a new release...

If the market isn't there then so be it, it's a shame if that's so. If that is the case, then maybe we should be grateful that 2011 edition even exists at all.

If the money isn't there then so be it.

Lucky we have the games we got from 2011/12.

Big Ant are going to be busy over the next few years, RLL3, DBC 2, Dirtbike or something (Haven't heard a lot about it), Lacrosse. I would LOVE to see them fit in AFL there somewhere.

Big Ant are going to be busy over the next few years, RLL3, DBC 2, Dirtbike or something (Haven't heard a lot about it), Lacrosse. I would LOVE to see them fit in AFL there somewhere.

I would also love that, but obviously the positive to take away from all this, is that perhaps we are lucky and grateful that AFL Live 1 even exists in the first place, considering the market is one country and yet a decent game exists on a PlayStation console.

One other thing, they now have the code for the game to improve upon, which perhaps wouldn't cost as much to build upon.

Not strictly AFL Live 3, but I hope in RLL3 they fix the Showboastig or remove it partially. Reason why I say this is because in RLL2WCE the fullback or whoever catches the ball off a centre kick will fistpump endlessly - even while being tackled! And when he does that, I can't pass! Anyone else notice this at all or I have I got a glitchy version?

More signs from Ross that this isn't going to happen anytime soon.

For what it's worth, I live in the USA now, so I'll push the game of Aussie rules over here, and hopefully build the potential market for the game even more. :)

It really is a shame. Seeing as AFL is the #1 most popular sport in Australia, you would think Big Ant would spend more time into an AFL game in oppose to an Rugby League game. Yes Rugby League is popular across the world but RLL 1,2 & 3 are heavily focused on NRL (Australian based game).

I am probably wrong, but I am not sure the logic behind Big Ant's decision.

That's a damn shame as BA were our best chance for something decent outside of an EA release, mainly because of how good BA games are now.

But I have to say, AFL Live 2011 is very good for what it is. It reminds me of the 2010 editions of FIFA, sort of.

Another optimistic way of looking at it, is how lucky that a game even exists at all.

Are some of us letting nostalgia impact our memory of how good AFL 1 was?
AFL 1 was a good platform to base the next game on. With elements from Don Bradman and other BA titles, AFL Live 3 could have been fantastic

I am probably wrong, but I am not sure the logic behind Big Ant's decision.

Unless I'm mistaken, Tru Blu have the license, not Big Ant. Hence why Tru Blu were able to slap their mobile app (aka AFL Live 2) in a PS3/Xbox case and sell it for a cash grab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back