BigFooty AFL Live Competition Season 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okeokey when are you right to play our games (we have 2 to play) i will accomodate whatever time suits you this weekend (tomorrow night might be a bit dodgy but other then that i should be sweet)

WOW what a hard fought match... every possesion was a struggle and at the start i thought Kuma was going to give me a flogging... really wasnt over right till the end.

Qtr 1: Hawks 0.1 1 Geelong 2.2 14
Qtr 2: Hawks 3.2 20 Geelong 5.3 33
Qtr 3: Hawks 8.2 56 Geelong 6.4 40
Final: Hawks 9.2 56 Geelong 7.5 47

Goals: Hawks: Roughead 4, Franklin 2, Hodge, osbourne, lewis
Geelong: Mooney 3, Ottens, Selwood, Stokes

Possesions: Hawks: Burgoyne 10, Gibson 9, Sewell 9
Geelong: Mooney 12, Chapman 11, Byrnes 10

Agree with stats. Well played.

Struth! Just lost to jorel... pretty frustrating game really. Especially after our first attempt where I was well on top but it was lagging so we restarted hahaha!

Well played Jorel... your bloody kicks out in front to your forwards are annoying as hell!

Didn't get the stats, but I remembered not to close them just in time !

Got the scores...

Round 14
Port Adelaide 4.0 7.1 8.4 9.4.58 (Schulz 3, Westhoff 2, Brogan 1, Motlop 1, Gray 1, Davenport 1 / KCornes 12, Pearce 10, Brogan 8)
Gold Coast 4.1 8.1 9.1 10.3.63 (May 4, Matera 2, Brennan 2, Gablett 1, Krakouer 1 / Gablett 11, Brennan 11, Stanley 8)

Tight game with never more than 2 kicks in it. Last 5 minutes was pretty much an arm wrestle and managed to take a mark and hold possession around half back for the last minute or so. Always a thriller against Lurk3r. :thumbsu:

Not sure if I had a match tonight (will check soon) but I've been way too busy to get online. Anyway, I'll be on in 20-30 mins or so if any of you night owls are still up and want a game.

What does everyones use here, manual or semi-assisted?, ever since the patch came out i've been using manual but today I tried semi-assisted again and it seems to have gotten me out of my form slump, haven't played any season games since the switch so it'll be interesting to see if theres any improvement.

AFLLivePremiershipSeasonlogo.png

ROUND 18 Vs DrParrot/AndrewParrot (Hawthorn)
Rip-roaring match. Never a lot of room given to either team and it showed in the game being an extremely tight tussle. I got out to a 3 goal lead early in the first, but from there it was pretty much all Hawthorn for the next quarter and a half, the Hawks just couldn't capitalise on some sloppy defensive play from the Tigers that gave up several easy shots at goal. 1 point in it at 3 quarter time and the intensity raised for the last. In the end it was the Tigers with 4.2 to 2.1 to take out the win by 12 points. Riewoldt put the final nail in the coffin with an incredible on the boundary banana goal. Was a see-sawing battle all the way though and I definitely never felt comfortable. Top game.

SCORE:
RICH---HAW
1st QTR: 3.1.19 - 1.1.7
2nd QTR: 4.3.27 - 3.3.21
3rd QTR: 6.4.40 - 6.5.41
FULL TIME: 10.6.66 - 8.6.54

GOALS:
RICH---HAW
J.Riewoldt 5 - L.Franklin 2
T.Taylor 2 - J.Roughead 2
B.Deledio 1 - S.Burgoyne 1

DISPOSALS:
RICH---HAW
A.Graham 12 - B.Sewell 12
C.Newman 11 - C.Bruce 10
T.Cotchin 11 - S.Mitchell

STATS:
RICH---HAW
Inside 50: 25 - 21
Disposals: 128 - 104
Uncontested Possessions: 81 - 62
Contested Possessions: 70 - 63
Kicks: 80 - 57
Handballs: 48 - 47
Turnovers: 13 - 8
Marks: 16 - 9
Tackles: 80 - 94
Free kicks: 10 - 3
Possession (%): 37.1 - 25.7
Hitouts: 11 - 20

HBK got me again!... this time i felt i atleast put up a bit of a fight... (was even in front for some of the final quarter... however riewoldt buried me.... then to cap it off got an impossiblke goal from the boundary to give him the 2 goal win..
Good game mate... look forward to whenever we play next

Richmond 10.6 66 Hawks 8.6 54

Goals: Richmond Riewoldt 5, Taylor 2, Deledio, cotchin, nahas
Hawks: Franklin 2, Roughead 2, Burgoyne, Sewell, Bruce

Possessions: Richmond: Graham 12, Newman 11, Cotchin 11
Hawks: Sewell 12, Bruce 10, Mitchell 10

Brownlow votes will be done tomorrow... bed now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had my match against Quexacoatl....he skipped the stats screen straight after :mad:

If he didn't get a photo or something, Imma be pissed....

Yeah... I quit straight away and went to message you then realised... I remember that you beat me by 24 points and that my top disposal getter had 15 but that was it.. :(

Sorry about that, completely forgot about getting stats for a second :(

Same thing happened against jorel but I realised just as I got to the I50s etc etc.

Sorry again :(

EDIT: FWIW I think either guess the brownlow votes or call it a forfeit. The match will never be the same as the first time as I changed my tactics completely after Illnino got about 6 goals in a row in the first quarter.

Or give lachie hansen about 5 goals cause I remember him kicking a lot. :S

Yeah... I quit straight away and went to message you then realised... I remember that you beat me by 24 points and that my top disposal getter had 15 but that was it.. :(

Sorry about that, completely forgot about getting stats for a second :(

Same thing happened against jorel but I realised just as I got to the I50s etc etc.

Sorry again :(

EDIT: FWIW I think either guess the brownlow votes or call it a forfeit. The match will never be the same as the first time as I changed my tactics completely after Illnino got about 6 goals in a row in the first quarter.

Or give lachie hansen about 5 goals cause I remember him kicking a lot. :S

gibson-disappoint246a.jpg

...Literally my reaction to your post....

...sigh.

Hey guys. As a compromise to this mishap, howabout I use the most recent real clash between Port and North for your scores/goals? http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2011/121320110626.html

I know this is in hindsight but a few of us write down goalscorers as we go (and sometimes even quarter by quarter scores... but they're harder to get). But at least if you record all the goalscorers, you can add up goal totals. Just a thought for future.

Played my rd 7 and 22 match against mkcaptain last night

Round 7

Ess ----- Bulldogs

4.0 ----- 2.2
7.5 ----- 2.3
11.7 ---- 4.3
16.9.105 -- 5.4.34

Goals

Ess : Monfries 3, davey 3, ryder 2, gumbleton 2, hurley 2, williams 2, heppell 1, jetta 1

Bulldogs : Grant 2, boyd 1, vezpremi 1

Possessions

Ess : Welsh 12, watson 12, hurley 10
Bulldogs : boyd 15, picken 11, cooney 9

Rd 22

Ess ----- Bulldogs

2.0 --------- 2.2
5.5 --------- 2.4
8.8 --------- 5.4
11.10.76 ---- 9.5.59

Goals

Ess : Monfries 3, gumbleton 3, hurley 2, williams 2, watson 1
Bulldogs : hall 3, picken 2, cooney 1

Possessions

Ess : Welsh 15, monfries 9, hurley 9
Bulldogs : Picken 14, boyd 11, cooney 10

Much tighter game, never felt safe the whole way through

Hey guys. As a compromise to this mishap, howabout I use the most recent real clash between Port and North for your scores/goals? http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2011/121320110626.html

Better than nothing I suppose...Cheers Jorel.

I know this is in hindsight but a few of us write down goalscorers as we go (and sometimes even quarter by quarter scores... but they're harder to get). But at least if you record all the goalscorers, you can add up goal totals. Just a thought for future.

Not really a fan of this idea....too busy trying to play to right down scores and goals. It really shouldn't be that much to ask of people to not close the stats screens anyway, I only need like, 30 secs to jot them all down post-match.

Best thing to do is designate a stats scorer and have them be the one that invites the opponent into the match.

Since the stats screen won't disappear if it's your host, you'll be fine to write down as many stats as you want.

Best thing to do is designate a stats scorer and have them be the one that invites the opponent into the match.

Since the stats screen won't disappear if it's your host, you'll be fine to write down as many stats as you want.

Ahh, so that's how it works.

Cheers HBK I'll make sure not to host as often then incase of more brainfades.

I thought this was the case too HBK, but I'm 99% sure I was the one who invited Lurker to our match last night.

Didn't I lurker? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back