BigFooty Bike Store (Bike Advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn for $800 you could buy a vintage Malvern Star 5 star and have an investment(and get change from $800) as well as a commuter bike.

If you want it for both probably an entry level roadbike would be the go. Head down to Ivanhoe cycles and see what your money can buy you. Honestly $800 wont go very far on a roadbike, it will be entry level components and maybe a carbon fork, but for your first one its a better bet than going a used one off bikeexchange etc as you can get fitted and make sure its right for you.

freddy mercury (forgot to quote the post)

4aje9ura.jpg

Race ready Noah!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding a TT bike in the coming weeks, maybe a few of the triathletes can give me an idea but do you generally run a couple of cm shorter top tube on a TT frame?
Not really, look for a bike that fits you not what is most popular. I ride a P3 (old shape) as I'm very flexible and I ride a very aggressive position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None up for sale on Ebay ay present unfortunately.

Steel-framed vintage bicycles mass-manufactured in Australia (eg. Malvern Star) are usually of low quality.

A beginner would be advised to buy an inexpensive and brand new frame such as a Mercier Kilo TT ($350 for the frameset). Reputable vintage framesets are usually very expensive.

how did you do?

Little sunburnt, but I'm sure thats nothing on the brave competitors. ;)

Nah I was purely spectating. My ankles are unlikely to let me run again (according to the surgeon) but I was full of admiration for those that competed.

How did you go? I wasn't sure who to look out for but I did think that if I saw someone going round in a Carlton jumper it was likely to have been you.

Nah I was purely spectating. My ankles are unlikely to let me run again (according to the surgeon) but I was full of admiration for those that competed.

How did you go? I wasn't sure who to look out for but I did think that if I saw someone going round in a Carlton jumper it was likely to have been you.
CFC tat was commented on
no PB but had a great race
perfect conditions
2 serious crashes on bike left the hospitals busy
serious car/bike crash left a few in a bad way
but the lady in forrest was in a world of hurt after a clip then thrown over bars
police should learn never tell ironman competitors to slow down
had bike issues at start of bike leg-stupid new chain
wife had a great day
otherwise was a good "wake up call" for what needs to be done for Cairns and IM Busso
what a great place to have a great race
for those who are tempted you will not find a better place to do such an event
great town great course

oh surgeons know crap
they want to fuse my ankles
they have no idea
pain can be overcome

CFC tat was commented on
no PB but had a great race
perfect conditions
2 serious crashes on bike left the hospitals busy
serious car/bike crash left a few in a bad way
but the lady in forrest was in a world of hurt after a clip then thrown over bars
police should learn never tell ironman competitors to slow down
had bike issues at start of bike leg-stupid new chain
wife had a great day
otherwise was a good "wake up call" for what needs to be done for Cairns and IM Busso
what a great place to have a great race
for those who are tempted you will not find a better place to do such an event
great town great course

Car/Bike crash on an IM course? Did you see it? How in the hell does that happen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back