Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,
Apologies for jumping into your thread but my mates and I are starting a keeper league this year and was looking for some general advice. I've won our draft league the last two years so am qualified but am having a bit of trouble getting my head around a few things, namely;
- how many players each year would you estimate are added/cut from your squad;
- anything you wish you had known of or considered prior to the initial draft;
- whats the best way you have found to approach trading with an opponent? I've found no one is willing to trade without it being lopsided; and
- any other tips you have found useful throughout.
Understand I don't want to hijack this thread and that you guys probably aren't going to nominate free information with your opponents reading your response haha so please feel free to send me a PM.
Thanks in advance guys and happy trading!
On the first page of this thread you will see our rules. They will give you most of the answers you are looking for, and if you read the thread a bit you will get an idea of the issues we had with trades early on!

I am happy to answer any questions though. We are entering our 4th season, and had a few teething problems, especially around trading.

Coaches. Trading of future draft picks? Have we ever discussed this? I think it should be allowed as it opens more opportunities for trading. But of course there is a danger of teams trading so hard that their team is decimated for years to come once their short-term prospects at a premiership are over.

Coaches. Trading of future draft picks? Have we ever discussed this? I think it should be allowed as it opens more opportunities for trading. But of course there is a danger of teams trading so hard that their team is decimated for years to come once their short-term prospects at a premiership are over.
It has been done prior to the end of a season before picks have been confirmed, but not done for two drafts ahead. I would be happy as long as it was first round only, or some form of restriction that could be traded for the future. Something worth discussing further.

It has been done prior to the end of a season before picks have been confirmed, but not done for two drafts ahead. I would be happy as long as it was first round only, or some form of restriction that could be traded for the future. Something worth discussing further.
The only time I think it has been done in-season was between Rocky and I swapping picks in a round (3rd round if i finished higher or lower or something) alongside a player.

Where can I find the supercoach positions?

The SuperCoach positions I have assumed are the same as the AFL Fantasy positions - that is what I have gone off to work out my Ultimate Footy player positions, plus Footy Prophet for any 'extra' positional changes.

Apparently the Super Coach site is up and running from midnight tomorrow night, so we will have confirmation then I guess..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wait is almost over. Ultimate Footy will be launching tomorrow afternoon!

In the mean time, here's another new feature to get you exited for 2015 that will revolutionise the way you use emergencies, and more details on the new premium stats that we have announced previously.

Leagues now have the ability to use 'Time on Ground Percentage' to control whether a player is replaced by an emergency. So if say a minimum of 20% of game time is selected, any player who plays less than 20% of a match will be replaced by an emergency.

The threshold can be set by league managers, with anything from 0% (same rules as previous seasons) to 50% able to be selected. If you want to cover only players who are injured early in a match, we suggest 20% (1% of cases in 2014). If you want to cover players who are subbed on late in the third quarter, we suggest 35% (4% of cases). In points-leagues if the player due to be replaced has scored more than the emergency, the original player will remain in the team. In category leagues the substitution will happen based solely on highest time on ground percentage.

This additional feature is available free to all leagues. Public leagues will use the default setting of 20%.

Another change to emergencies is that empty starting positions will no longer be replaced by emergencies. Only a player in your starting lineup that doesn't play will be replaced. This is designed to reduce the impact of the "emergency loophole".

Lastly, some details regarding the Stats upgrade package. We announced a month ago that this year leagues have access to new premium stats for scoring. To access these stats, your league will need to upgrade to "Stats PLUS". This will cost $29.95 and is a one-off payment that will upgrade your entire league. A part of this upgrade you'll also receive projected odds for your fantasy matches. The "PLUS" upgrade from previous seasons has been renamed "Features PLUS" and will remain at $39.95. If you upgrade to both packages you'ill receive a $10 discount on the total price.

As a reminder, the new stats categories are:
- Rebound 50s
- Spoils
- Disposals
- Effective Disposals
- Ineffective Disposals
- Disposal efficiency % (category leagues)
- Contested Possessions
- Clearances

See you tomorrow for the best year of Ultimate Footy yet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back