Traded Jack Billings

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Jack will be on AFL360 like Bontempelli last week.... Since Billings didn't get a photo with his daddy i doubt it, that's the only reason Bontempelli went on.

I wonder if Jack will be on AFL360 like Bontempelli last week.... Since Billings didn't get a photo with his daddy i doubt it, that's the only reason Bontempelli went on.

Had to use a magnifying glass to find the article in today's paper.

Well done Jack Billings - absolute class. See what happens when we get a top 5 pick!!! Love it. Look forward to getting more elite talent through the door.

That's 2 rising star nominations - the most since 2003 when we got 3. Bodes well for the future....

billings is such a pleasure to watch. its hard when were losing like this, but i genuinely look forward to watching him every weekend

classy with the ball and just a great kid

i just hope we dont lose him
LOL :D you gotta snap that kind of thinking out of your head NOW!!!
Its gonna be a tuff couple of yrs, the only joy we will get is from watching the classy kids start to show signs of how dominant they will be one day.
If you start thinking about him leaving one day your just gonna go nucking futs and not enjoy it as much .

Fred? Haha I can't imagine myself yelling our free everytime billings snags one from 45 out on the boundary

And screw hectares get on blakers or pendels as I like it everytime he weaves through 12 people

I'm a fan of elite, their is potential their

Monty if we use it reserves for someone allready , have you heard of a guy named montagna?
Montagna is Monty? When did this happen? I've only ever called him by his nickname which is "Joey".... ;)

I'm all for nicknames that are nothing like the players real name.... I'm calling Acres "Hector" cos it sounds like hectares :cool:

And Fred for Billings.... I can't be the only one that thinks that's a ripper!?!? Right...... Right? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what Mike Sheahan said about Jack last week On The Couch? I watched the end of this weeks one and at the end when Gerard took a brief moment to acknowledge Billings' brilliant game, he said something about Mike cooking him last week or something?

Does anyone know what Mike Sheahan said about Jack last week On The Couch? I watched the end of this weeks one and at the end when Gerard took a brief moment to acknowledge Billings' brilliant game, he said something about Mike cooking him last week or something?

Had a crack at him for taking a dive and getting a free against Geelong. Typical media though taking a pot shot at a 10 game player when it happens weekly throughout the League.

Had a crack at him for taking a dive and getting a free against Geelong. Typical media though taking a pot shot at a 10 game player when it happens weekly throughout the League.
Against Geelong!? :eek: Oh, the irony... :rolleyes:

Yeah, Sheahan was full of crap with calling that a dive.

Billings is probably 80-82kg soaking wet and he took an elbow from a bigger guy to the gut when he wasn't expecting it and fell over. On top of that the camera angle they used (behind the goals) didn't show how much force was in the blow, just that the Cats player made a movement into Billings. Sheahan is an idiot.

What I loved about Billings' game wasn't that he got hands on the ball and kicked some goals. The stats are nice but not as important to me as the fact that he started influencing some of the other players. Picking the ball up down the wing, he chipped it over to someone else then ran outside, pointing to (I think) Ray to run supporting inside. Then the kick to Simpkin, where he led Tommy on a lead that Tommy didn't even know he was going to make, having first checked that the area was clear. That's seriously classy, to make others around you do something better than they would otherwise. And another mark of a top player is when they appear to have time on the ball when it seemed like they had none. He isn't doing that a lot, or to a massive extent yet, but there are flashes of it.

Yeah, the other sign of a great player is the ability to make GOPs look a lot better than they are. Right now, Simpkin is a GOP at best - I love the guy, but yeah. Billings gave him a better opportunity to kick a goal than Simpkin ever would himself. Similarly, Billings took some marks from poor disposals, making the disposer look a lot better than they are.

Yeah, the other sign of a great player is the ability to make GOPs look a lot better than they are. Right now, Simpkin is a GOP at best - I love the guy, but yeah. Billings gave him a better opportunity to kick a goal than Simpkin ever would himself. Similarly, Billings took some marks from poor disposals, making the disposer look a lot better than they are.

This is one phrase Ive never understood. I know when people write GOP they're talking about guys who ideally wouldn't be on the field. But what does it actually mean/stand for?!

This is one phrase Ive never understood. I know when people write GOP they're talking about guys who ideally wouldn't be on the field. But what does it actually mean/stand for?!

I tend to use it for players like Geary, Ray, Gwilt etc. Certainly I think they do belong on the field. Ideally every player would be Leigh Montagna, Dal Santo , etc etc but that is NEVER going to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back