Black Bookers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma Shang had a win today. One of my old BBers. Didn't back him, but came from last along the rail in the bog. Might just be a winter horse, although todays field was ordinary. Will be interesting to see how he goes next start at his preferred distance of 1400 +

Parkour, a BB'er of mine, has been accepted into race 7 @ Cranbourne on the 14th June (tomorrow); but is EMG. So will need a few to scratch before he gets a run. Is nominated for a meet @ Seymour on the 18th June as well, so if he doesn't gain a run at Cranbourne, he'll more than likely start here. Hoping he starts off with a few decent runs back from a lengthy spell, as I might put a little on him E-W.

Parkour, a BB'er of mine, has been accepted into race 7 @ Cranbourne on the 14th June (tomorrow); but is EMG. So will need a few to scratch before he gets a run. Is nominated for a meet @ Seymour on the 18th June as well, so if he doesn't gain a run at Cranbourne, he'll more than likely start here. Hoping he starts off with a few decent runs back from a lengthy spell, as I might put a little on him E-W.
Jeez it was a poor run. Also don't no abotu ur e/w claim, started at $1.60.

Mio Cavallo a BB'er of mine in the last today at mildura.

It was a very bad run. First up though from a long spell, you never knew what was going to happen. Either come out early and fire, or start off like a marathon runner and gradually build up speed & form. The horse will come good...

EDIT: Started @ $1.60. :eek: Lucky I didn't end up putting money on it...

Last time I put a 1st starter in this thread some weren't too happy, but bugger it I'm doing it again........ anyway I was right with Rose Syrah, when they get her head right she will be even better than the promise already shown.

John Symons trained Flying Sheila, Flying Spur - Northeast Sheila, sister to Jac Rouge & Daintree Duke (now your listening). ;) 1st at Kyneton today.
Have heard positive reports since the early days, but they have taken there time with her. Difficult to punt her today, but look out for her with an eye to the future.

Fair Look

A 3yo Bianconi filly trained by Mick Kent and owned by Rick Jamieson (owner of Bubble Below, Mine Game etc.) that had her first start today at Kyneton and won by 7 or so lengths, without being touched.

It was a very moderate maiden but she was ultra professional, ultra impressive and had the will to win that only good horses have.

Sadly i only got word of her ability about 30 minutes before the race so i wasn't able to give you guys much notice (i did post about her in the 'Daily Punting' thread a few minutes before jump time), but i managed to get on myself (best fluc was $3.30, before they backed it in to 6/4 before the late scratchings).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a great photo.

They were calling Vigor "the new Gallopin" on TVN - wonder where they got that from ;)

DO'B said he'd have one run mid year then come back in the Spring.

You'd suspect he will try and get him into the Cups.

Speaking of DO'B I think 3yo Smashing Pins is racing again this week. Looks pretty handy to me and I reckon it will be one to follow as it gets up in distance. Watch out for it though in its 2nd prep though as thats when they really start to grow wings.

Smashing Pins resumes Thurs

I'd be interested to know too - I reckon you might see him back in around late August/September. Gallopin I hope is still racing - he just choked down in the Melb Cup yeah?

Babington resumed today after a small break over 1200m. Get on this thing over 1400m and up! Absolutely flying, brilliant run, and a winter horse (can swim) if ever you've seen one.

He ran a good race very early in his career but struggled to break through for a maiden win. Ever since they have ridden him hard on the speed, he has been brilliant.

Leica Ding also resumed today but needs it much further.

I'd be interested to know too - I reckon you might see him back in around late August/September. Gallopin I hope is still racing - he just choked down in the Melb Cup yeah?

Babington resumed today after a small break over 1200m. Get on this thing over 1400m and up! Absolutely flying, brilliant run, and a winter horse (can swim) if ever you've seen one.

He ran a good race very early in his career but struggled to break through for a maiden win. Ever since they have ridden him hard on the speed, he has been brilliant.

Where do we think that these 2 O'Brien runners are going to be heading ? I don't think they could win one of the cups so where to - Queen Elizabeth or Sandown Classic

Also Babington was a good effort but what about Beleza Veloz held up on the fence was bolting and would have won with clear galloing room. Also Partiva is a good off season mare who also went well. These 3 can be backed with a bit of confidence over the winter.
( Bel Shoes 1000m horse ??? was bolting at 200m but really fell in a hole)

Just on Vigor and Gallopin which direction do you think they will head in the spring ? I personally don't think they measure up to the best and perhaps should stick to a few of the lesser races ie. Queen Elizabeth and Sandown Classic thoughts ?

Also Babington was a good run yesterday but I think Beleza Veloz was a cracking run held up almost the entire straight and if she gets out in time I think she wins also Partiva was a good run from a break I think all 3 of these can be backed confidently next time. Also what about Bel Shoes I think 1000m might be her go was bolting at 200 but then capitulated ?

Vigor they will try and get into the Cups I feel same as Gallopin. (Gallopin had a poor start but eventually snuck in). Certainly the QE would be a good consolation race.

Leica Ding I imagine will have a crack at MV Cup or the Saab provided hekeeps improving. He failed on the weekend but I think Bangerang Quickpic is on the up too. But it's still very early.

Mic Mac will be the star of the carnival Im tipping...(fullta has claims on this o ne though!)

Talking about a few stayers like Gallopin etc, how's Dandaad coming along? Remember it won a nice race last year, have got a feeling it'll do okay if aimed towards the Melb Cup.

Talking about a few stayers like Gallopin etc, how's Dandaad coming along? Remember it won a nice race last year, have got a feeling it'll do okay if aimed towards the Melb Cup.

Won the Lavazzo last year on Melbourne Cup day over 2800m. Fair to say that race is a fair way off Cup level. Raced in Sydney in Autumn and didnt do too much maybe the tier or two below the best for mine and could be aimed at Bedigo/Ballarat Cups or perhaps some of the weaker staying races during the spring

Last time I put a 1st starter in this thread some weren't too happy, but bugger it I'm doing it again........ anyway I was right with Rose Syrah, when they get her head right she will be even better than the promise already shown.

Now starting to put it together, although this is a step up again.
That said I'm really still not sure that she has shown her best yet & can still do some things wrong in the running. Unfortunately her natural get back style can be a little costly at times, but her closing sectionals are impressive.

Chamleon is smart & a real pro & the money coming for her is no suprise. 1 the win 2 the place & I think you shouldn't go too wrong with Rose Syrah.

Locks - Flying Sheila - disappointing to my eye & just never looked comfortable in the ground. Still only early & hopefully will be better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back