Black Bookers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my favourite horse, and one i've backed in every single one of it's races, Vigor was probably the pic of the day for me.

Ran a 11.37 second last 200 meters, really found the line and over 1200 a distance that is not at all suited for him.

Caufield Cup prospects look sound.

Leica Ding ran 11.23 400-200 and 11.25 last 200, over 1400..
Very impressive for mine.

With 6kg less off a tempo and distance more suitable, with already a run under the belt... Eye catching run no doubt, in mares class. I thought from a 'back me soon' point of view though, the run of Miss Scarlatti was just as good.
Vigor's was still better than both and they'll understandably be aiming higher.

Morphettville

Race 3

Definitely Ready

Mark Kavanagh trained horse that absolutely belted them today. Didn't beat much but did it very comfortably.

Morphettville

Race 3

Definitely Ready

Mark Kavanagh trained horse that absolutely belted them today. Didn't beat much but did it very comfortably.

Eight Lengths in a 1000m race!

Thought it was a pretty good run in the Run To The Rose and was unlucky to not have finished a lot closer.
He won't get a run in the Golden Rose - but it sounds like he's going to go around the Warwick Stakes against the older horses! Be good to see him go close. Think he's an exciting type :cool:

Yeah haven't written off Trusting after that, getting in a bumping duel when you're cornering near last never ends well.

Really hope Smashing Pins runs well today, getting up to a suitable distance. Sacking Koblenz.

My old mans horse stablemate Little Gem returned impressively today.

Morphettville

Race 3

Definitely Ready

Did you hear SPrice was fined for unnecessary whip use!! Because he wasnt going to lose apparently they thought there was no need to use the whip! Fair dinkum :confused:

Further note on DR - even though he did beat them easily and by far and a query on the class he beat - the two placed horses have both been nom'd for the Caulfield Guineas..

Not sure when this will run, but CROSS STREET from the Hayes stable is a promising colt. Guineas nominated to FWIW :thumbsu:

DOOMBEN RACE 6 SATURDAY August 22nd = 8 BARCLAYS @ 3:41pm

One ive been meaning to post since its last run that had good mail, It then got held up bad and the jockey absolutely crucified it!
It was looking for longer and had plenty in the tank as it flew home for a close 4th in that race that was over 1600m’s
It now goes to 2100m from barrier 10, should settle well and skoot home, and could be good black value!

I just hope Taylor learnt alot from his last ride :)

another one of mine 'HEARTLAND' did me proud last saturday and one to watch throughout October!

Its a tough ask at WFA for a 4 year old who has only had 3 starts, should be interesting though to see how it measures up. I see O'Shea thinks the older WFA horses crap on the now 4 year olds...I really rate O'Lohnro though.

My boy Trusting just has the 50 kg on the back, extra 200m should be right up its alley. One midweek win though is no guide to whether it's any good....so I'll be punting with hope more than confidence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually agree with O'Sheas sentiments.. I do think we have an outstanding crop of 4yos and that O'Lonhro is a very good and promising horse, but more of them fail to make this step up than successfully make it.

Cabeza - Danny O'Brien (Zabeel - Lady Iguazu)

Half to the well performed Splashing Out, won well at Sandown today on debut. Had the winkers, showed early speed, hunted forward, worked outside the speed, then as the early leader kicked away, Evans got Cabeza to knuckle down to his task - fought a battle down the straight with the late market mover, was headed, but wanted the win and managed to get up by a nostril. A 3yo Zabeel Colt, in a good stable, well related, showing speed, winning on debut and nominated for the Caulfield Guineas - keep an eye out. Lovely price today (if I do say so myself lol)
He's in again this weekend in the Nissan Stakes at Moonee Valley.

Carrara resumes, is deservedly short odds and looks bloody tough to beat, he's the class runner, the form around him is outstanding.
Nicastro is the other one shorter in the market than Cabeza and has plenty of wraps on him - hard to knock an unbeaten horse, especially winning as impressively as he has.

Cabeza will go forward, make his own luck, gets a senior and very much in-form senior jockey on board, the firmer track should suit. I'd be disappointed if he didn't at least place. I'll be on again :cool:

I'm an Elvis/Vasil nut, but Im not convinced about Carrera tomorrow.

Won't surprise me if he runs poorly.

Nicastro seems to have been looked after and they are talking Guineas - I'm not sure Carrera is quite up to that.

One horse caught my eye with a decent run at MV

Road to Dundee - got well back with Secret Flyer which is generally not it's go and finished well on the inside to be beat 2.5 lengths.
I will definitely be looking for her in a midweek race next time over 1000 - 1200m and be on her.

Not sure when this will run, but CROSS STREET from the Hayes stable is a promising colt. Guineas nominated to FWIW :thumbsu:

Running Saturday!

ELUCIDATION - Ran a nice race today, and Payne has said he has big things set out.

im probably starting to get far too biased but i have another statue of liberty horse to black book

mic mac- started at $2.5 at sale in race 3, so they obviously know its pretty good. reminds me very much liberty edition, the run it had, and the way it sprant away from them, and at the same track...sale!!

looks like it will measure up to city class, one to follow

not bad a find after a sale maiden victory!

leica ding ran well into 4th! wait until she gets to 2000m plus

2 black bookers from todays meetings around the country

absent friends- i dont usually follow sydney racing heavily but this fella was super impressive over 1300m today. this son of dehere( one of my favourite sires) was as green as grass, and won easily. i expect him to take the next step and win black type races. the wraps on him are huge as well

both of these horses are entires, so if they keep improving, they could be handy stud prospects!!

Won the 3rd a Rosehill yesterday... FINALLY Saluted! Was its last chance but covered ALOT of previous poor showings! Hope you stuck with it too!:p

not bad a find after a sale maiden victory!

/quote]

Strangely enough gf, that win of Mic Mac at Sale was one of the only 2 times I have ever used the SMS notification service for when a horse has its next run. As a harness punter, I sometimes miss the midweek gallops fields so wanted to be on at next start and went round at Caulfield midweek at subsequent start from memory.

The other one was a Lloyd Williams horse called Memorise after running 3rd in a Ballarat Maiden and it has cost me a fortune since that run. Was into Derby favourite at one stage and has still only won one race

In the article about Symons today, it mentioned Eurell has one called 'Red Colossus' that hasn't raced yet but is nom'd for Cox plate - will be interesting to see what its like...

By Testa Rossa and beat Eclair Fastpass in a 800m trial FWIW
Nom'd for the Henry Bucks this weekend. Actually a few nominations from this BB thread, will be interesting to see Thursday's acceptances.

Salinas just keeps winning...

I've got a few bbers running around on Wednesday..

Kenso
R2 N10 World War - Was an okay return to racing in a funny/incident marred race first up, he looked nice, but needed the run - you'd think second up and bringing him straight to town would be a good sign and 1550m helps. Hoping he improves.
R3 N7 Chopped - Scratched from Kembla on the w/e with a wide gate. Haven't looked at the field yet, but his debut run was actually pretty good and he'll be better for it. *Also nominated for Ming Dynasty on Saturday

Sandown
R1 N9 Zantelagh - On debut commenced awkwardly, inconvenienced on home turn, held up for clear running. Got further back than I expected on a track that really wasn't playing into those hands. Will be MUCH better for that and Kav taking her straight to a metro meet must be a good lead - some handy horses in the race though, at least she's drawn better.

There's actually some pretty interesting races/lightly raced/resumers/debutants nominated for the coming days :)

Yep. Thought his was one of the runs of the day. Very impressive. Gotta admit, I'm not quite yet convinced of the strength of the Vain/McNeil form for a Guineas, but can't argue with the form that SSB and Tollesprit have come back in! Eclair Fastpass was getting home, again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back