List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you were a serious footballer would you got to Melbourne?
Tyson did.
we get the fish the other clubs reject.
lets face it we have never landed a big fish under Dan and rfc stated by rfc74 has no player attraction power.
This is the argument so dont muddy the water

George_bush_scratching_his_head.jpg

If i was a serious footballer and was desperate to get out of Sydney, and a s**t Melbourne club would pay me a stack more, while getting me home then yes i would go.

The big fish

images

We got a BnF backman in his BnF year for around 350k for 4 years and regardless of the hate he gets, actually has performed quite well in a lot of games. As of yet, there really has not been a big fish we could realistically go after that would not * over our future. 2015 FA period is a different story though, so we will see.

Ok, I am not sure if you are actually serious TI or you posted the above after downing your third Madori cooler.

not-sure-if-srs-o.gif

How did Melbourne attract Tyson last year? - Well first, Melbourne gave up there number 2,20, and 72 pick and in return received Tyson, 9 and 53. So Melbourne did no attract players, they got Tyson because they offered a deal that simply GWS could not say NO too. It really is bloody simple. Obviously Tyson who was IN CONTRACT at the time ONLY HAD 2 choices. Either accept the deal or stay in GWS. Obviously Tyson wanted out of Sydney that badly that he said yes to Melbourne. If you recall, we had some serious talks with Tyson and GWS to see if we could pry him lose the year prior but unfortunatly we did not have the picks to get the deal done, Melbourne did as they are s**t.

Essendon with all their scandal still attract players- Surely, Surely you are taking the piss ? They attracted Cooney who was booted out of the bulldogs as they recognized his time of valuable football was over and Essendon in light of LOSING there best ruck/forward had to replace Ryder with a "name" player for there foaming masses ( In hindsight, obviously we should have done the same :p). So essentially the only player they attracted was a bloke who should be retired.

Carlton got guys going to them- Woot for Carlton. They actually did a brave trade. They got rid of Pick 9 for 19 and brought in two kids who struggled at there previous club. Now I bet with the success they have seen with Miles they hope lightning will strike twice. They also got Jones but hey, if we wanted to get medicore players from other lists, its not an issue, god knows we have shown how easy it is in prior years. Oh, they LOST Waite who as a neutral is a better player then who they brought in.

we just hunt the wrong types and pay overs for them- Who did we pay overs for this trade period ? Me confused. On one hand you highlight Essendon recruiting of Coony but then cry we pay overs for battlers.....
a1e97-britney-confused.gif

Nope we went for two high risk players who wouldn't IMO have improved our list- Now this one gets me. How you can suggest a Fit and Firing jack Trengove would not have improved our midfield or Armitiage for that matter makes me chuckle. If we had of got either one of those two players into our list. 2 guys of the right age who are key components of there clubs future, it would have been a coupe. That was the thing that gives myself solace this trade period and I hope you notice the difference. We target 2 players in there prime or about to enter it compared to other clubs 29 plus year olds on there last chance or speculative players. I know which direction I would choose.

The trade period showed me that our recruiters are targeting battlers and they don't have the nous or competence on how to lure a big fish- I wont rehash about who we choose to target over other clubs as I stated that above. I will say though who was this big fish that the club promised to bring in THIS YEAR. Can you link me the article, blog, facebook post, SMS,blog,podcast or radio/TV interview where our club stated that ?? Everything I hear is that we have positioned our club for 2015 FA period. If you look who was a FA this time round and compare that to next year, well there is a slight increase in quality:rolleyes:.

As to the players of quality who did change clubs - No MELBOURNE club was a chance for Ryder. He used the "I need to get away" excuse to break his contract that he still had two years in. Out of all the interstate clubs, he choose Port, as I would have. Christensen NEEDED to get out of Victoria, so again, no chance for us and Beams wants to play with his brother, again no chance for not only us but any Melbourne club. So how that translates as we are not a attractive club for players to come too has me stumped.

What I find the most funny part out of all this TigerImposter, when it looked like we were a chance to get Levi. You posted post after post after post after post after post about how shocking the club is to choose battlers and plodders. Oh woe is me, why cant the club learn from past mistakes like Chaplin, and Hampson etc. Now because we have pulled out, for the right reasons i might add, you start posting ....."so as much as I didn't want Greenwood his $450k is relatively cheap in comparison":drunk:

Now I agree with Tigerbob and blaisee in the sense we need to be braver. We need to be more aggressive in what we do at the trade table. I believe we have really over corrected our over spending for either hacks or stars that have gone past there prime. That over correction has made us play to safe. I would have offered one of our guns for either the saints first or Melbournes second and third rounder and then tried to pry a dead set gun lose or kept those picks and get 2 future stars for the price of one but we did not do that. BUT to go on and on about we are not a destination club and how other clubs are getting players and we are not and then ignore the facts on which players go to where is beyond silly.

legof.jpg

legod.jpg

if you were a serious footballer would you got to Melbourne?
Tyson did.
we get the fish the other clubs reject.
lets face it we have never landed a big fish under Dan and rfc stated by rfc74 has no player attraction power.
Nathan Brown was a serious footballer,But he came to us,When we were even more shittier than the 2013 melb outfit.

Some ppl have NFI..
WHO is the BIG FISH we could get this trade period?

WHO? WHO? WHO?

If u can't answer that then u r all talking out of ur arses
Like little children really, keep throwing up the notion of this mystical big fish we missed out on but can't provide answers\solutions to ur arguments
the club mentioned the big fish and war chest. if they hadn't i would have been happy to go to the draft and hang out until next year.
do you want me to reproduce the articles for the fourth time?
rfctiger74 will not be happy:cool:

im not angry im disappointed buddy.Big difference.Please keep personal opinion to yourself and remain on topic.

We have never landed a big fish under Dan and rfc stated by rfc74 has no player attraction power.

Now now, don't misquote me

I said we have no more than other clubs, I think the notion some here have that players will sacrifice $100k to be at our club because of our fans, our song, or because they followed the club as a kid is ridiculous

Players want money and/or opportunity. They will weight up what we offer in that regard against what other clubs offer

I've said this before, but do you expect the football department to just bow their heads in shame and admit to the Richmond supporter base that they are incompetent? It may be a refreshing sense of honesty in a long time but the backlash would be overwhelming. The only thing they really can do is publicly congratulate themselves and try make the supporters excited about the draft. I'm sure within the four walls of the club they are extremely disappointed about the inability to get players down to Punt Rd and are going through an extensive review on their football administrations.

wishful thinking

Now now, don't misquote me

I said we have no more than other clubs, I think the notion some here have that players will sacrifice $100k to be at our club because of our fans, our song, or because they followed the club as a kid is ridiculous

Players want money and/or opportunity. They will weight up what we offer in that regard against what other clubs offer
so how do you become a potential GF team?You've got me stumped there? Isn't it by pulling out the weeds and bringing in more talent to improve your list??
Sir Kenneth Hinkley did it in one season.Dimma midseason was still pulling the compromised draft furphy and he was in his fifth season:p
Excuses excuses and more excuses

so how do you become a potential GF team?You've got me stumped there? Isn't it by pulling out the weeds and bringing in more talent to improve your list??
Sir Kenneth Hinkley did it in one season.Dimma midseason was still pulling the compromised draft furphy and he was in his fifth season:p

well you don't buy a team and just make it. Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo - their recent success was all on the back of primarily they players they drafted, not traded for

You need to take the same advice I'm certain you gave the club a few years ago - be patient and invest in a long term change in the club, don't go for quick fixes with trades and hail mary's

Sir Kenneth Hinkley did it in one season.

Ok, its stuff like this that makes me think you are either just on the hate train or really have a short term memory issue. Now, i am not trying to be disrespectful but bloody hell!

Ken was appointed in Oct 2012. In the 2012 draft they picked Wines with pick 7 who has gone on to play 49 games. A clear winner but being a high first rounder a safe pick. There only other successes that draft period was 2 rookies who got promoted, who were on there list prior to ken in Jonas ( 43 games) and Mitchell ( 23) games. There other two picks that year at pick 29 and 30 are bust as both of those players have only played 1 game between them. How you can even suggest he built port in one season with the above proof is *en stupid. Ports list was in a far superior state when Ken took over then hardwick had when he did the same.

Hmm, maybe you might say it was the 2013 picks, lets go look!...They had 4 picks 21,45,52,and 68. Out of those 4 players 3 have played 0 games and only one there first at 21 has played 18.......is that the year Ken rebuilt Port ????

So mate, hate away but ffs dont post the first wrong thing that pops in your head and try to be at least accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well you don't buy a team and just make it. Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo - their recent success was all on the back of primarily they players they drafted, not traded for

You need to take the same advice I'm certain you gave the club a few years ago - be patient and invest in a long term change in the club, don't go for quick fixes with trades and hail mary's
you need both

Ok, its stuff like this that makes me think you are either just on the hate train or really have a short term memory issue. Now, i am not trying to be disrespectful but bloody hell!

Ken was appointed in Oct 2012. In the 2012 draft they picked Wines with pick 7 who has gone on to play 49 games. A clear winner but being a high first rounder a safe pick. There only other successes that draft period was 2 rookies who got promoted, who were on there list prior to ken in Jonas ( 43 games) and Mitchell ( 23) games. There other two picks that year at pick 29 and 30 are bust as both of those players have only played 1 game between them. How you can even suggest he built port in one season with the above proof is ****en stupid. Ports list was in a far superior state when Ken took over then hardwick had when he did the same.

Hmm, maybe you might say it was the 2013 picks, lets go look!...They had 4 picks 21,45,52,and 68. Out of those 4 players 3 have played 0 games and only one there first at 21 has played 18.......is that the year Ken rebuilt Port ????

So mate, hate away but ffs dont post the first wrong thing that pops in your head and try to be at least accurate.
Sir kenneth gives it away.Dimma could win the next 10 flags and he'd still think ken is God.lol

Ken was appointed in Oct 2012. In the 2012 draft they picked Wines with pick 7 who has gone on to play 49 games. A clear winner but being a high first rounder a safe pick. There only other successes that draft period was 2 rookies who got promoted, who were on there list prior to ken in Jonas ( 43 games) and Mitchell ( 23) games. There other two picks that year at pick 29 and 30 are bust as both of those players have only played 1 game between them. How you can even suggest he built port in one season with the above proof is ****en stupid. Ports list was in a far superior state when Ken took over then hardwick had when he did the same.

we got martin ellis and we had rance cotchin and lids already there.Keep the excuses coming.all our second picks havent come on under dh.
you finally identified the problems. i thought you were knowledgeable about the game
:p

you need both

don't disagree. But when asked for specifics, you only come up with Greenwood (who is over priced off one good season), or kids who would have required us to trade away our first round pick PLUS a very good player to outbid the other club.

You talk about being aggressive, but there is a difference between aggressive and stupid. Would you have traded our first plus Martin last season to outbid the Dees for Tyson?

Paying too much was one of the things that killed us in the past, not sure why you want to return there

the club mentioned the big fish and war chest. if they hadn't i would have been happy to go to the draft and hang out until next year.
do you want me to reproduce the articles for the fourth time?
rfctiger74 will not be happy:cool:

Jesus Imposter. Yes that was the plan ( I would be dissappointed if this wasnt the case every yr) but when it came to it they realised there wasnt anyone available that was suitable enough to go for. You adapt to the situation & evolve your plans. I for one am gald they have to forsight to adjust this mid plan & not just trade in shite just for the sake of trading

Jesus Imposter. Yes that was the plan ( I would be dissappointed if this wasnt the case every yr) but when it came to it they realised there wasnt anyone available that was suitable enough to go for. You adapt to the situation & evolve your plans. I for one am gald they have to forsight to adjust this mid plan & not just trade in shite just for the sake of trading
they tried their best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back