Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we get the feeling that BSoS only played a handful of TAC games for a reason then , lessening his value perhaps, with the hope that he will available late in the draft ? Is that right ?
His value is low but we'll clearly match a bid around 50, so clubs can easily screw us over if they wish.

If a club bids on him around 50 we're going to need to dip into next year's picks to match. A club could do it knowing we're committed.

That would mean no second, fourth or fifth round picks next year, which isn't a great result.

Wow! Anyone still salty that we didn't get Shiel and give up next year's first?

So do we get the feeling that BSoS only played a handful of TAC games for a reason then , lessening his value perhaps, with the hope that he will available late in the draft ? Is that right ?
seems like he is half hearted about AFL, good luck if another club other than Carlton used a draft pick on him.

Was only JH’s call, as contracted. Freo needed to show the lead but faltered on the deal making. You want a forward, you pay up to make it happen. Offered more for McCarthy didn’t they?
Then they’ll scream black & blue for Neale.
#2 for Weller may have raised their expectations at the trade table (though they rorted PTA this year as well).

Mate, you are kidding yourself if you don't see that Melb are as keen as mustard to get that pick to get May.

Everything around this is theatre. Melb have been spruiking the media with the tough talk all week so now it's Freos turn. It's also Peter Bells first time at bat and I he won't give people what they want when they want it.

Plus Freo don't have PICK 5 yet, if Bris lose Beams then Neale may go up in value. We'd expect the same thing.

I would almost bet this gets sorted next week. Freos press release on a Friday after a long week lets everyone take a breath and try again later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no incentive for GC to give up pick 2 because they like Walsh as well.
Let's just say that somehow or other Adelaide end up with pick 1, then GC are perfectly placed to get Walsh at pick 2.
At best, they would give us pick 3 for pick 1 (later picks/players excluded).
I can't see a trade of pick one happening unless it was a history making 3 way deal between Carlton, Adelaide and GC, with Carlton getting no later than pick 2, but as I said, GC have no incentive to do it.

Works better if one of the SA teams trades up to Pick 2 first.

Let's say Adelaide trade up to St Kilda's Pick 4, using Picks 8 and 21.
- good chance for St Kilda to get Smith.

Port Adelaide get antsy and offer up Picks 6 and 10 to GC for Picks 2 and 29.
- GC left with 3, 6 and 10, for 2x Kings and Caldwell.

Now the draft order is:

1 - Carlton
2 - PA
3 - GC
4 - ADE
5 - Bris
6 - GC
7 - WB
8 - STK
9 - ESS/GWS
10 - GC
|
13 - ADE
|
29 - PA

If we start making noises about trading Pick 1 to Adelaide for 4 and 13, especially on draft night - how quickly do PA jump at throwing us Picks 2 and 29 for 1 and 68, just to avoid Adelaide jumping them?

That's how I'd play it anyway. Let Adelaide and Port keep trying to one-up eachother, then play them against eachother at the last minute to see what can be shaken loose without us falling behind GC in the draft ranking.

Wonder if we need another pick this year for BSOS. We currently only have 69, 71 and 77 however im unsure how these are currently treated when matching a bid for a F/S - more specifically do we the picks points value or is there a minimum points value after a certain point in the draft order.

SOS seems still open to 1. Verbal offers been given, nothing really on paper. Something could be done late. Also seems not to close the door on more players coming through the door but looks more unlikely than not.

Levi to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back