Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Hawks and Scully made it out to be worse than it is. Do we really believe Hawks would have taken him if they don’t believe they can get him fit?

Watch him play Rd One

He doesn't strike me as that sort of character though. Being the consummate professional that he is he will probably play round 1 however the issue is to what level will he play at.

Could scully and his salary means GWS is able to keep shiel for one more year?
Does GWS now have leverage over the scum now ?
Did B70 just drop this rumour right after the scully trade for this reason?
GWS will be brutal
Was thinking the exact same thing. Hopefully it puts GWS in a position of power and allows them to well and truly ream that arrogant prick Dodora and stick it up his smug *don mates (slobbo hird Williams).

Bad luck guys, appears SOS is waiting to pounce, but nothing will happen. Sheil himself believes he'll be a Bomber at 8.30 pm tomorrow night, according to Tony Sheahan................................

b9c1da40a93a21c601d515bb2d028b44_bigger.jpeg
Tony Sheahan‏ @TonySheahan 3h3 hours ago

Please no. I'm at a full about face. Don't want him. Way too expensive, and anyway what will we trade for him? We going to trade ourselves out of the next two drafts? I am more than happy with McGov, Setters and Solo. Excellent trade bounty that will significantly improve our list and that didn't cost us overs.

No, let him go to * and they can fork out for his massive contract, or let him stay with the Giants - and we can enjoy the melts on the * board. :D

Dawks will win it next year? Sure.

Meanwhile we poach their best coach:

I didn't say that they'd win it, merely highlighted that Dads Army type teams have in the past.

One thing that can't be denied is that they know a thing or two about winning premierships.

Love it how we, on this board, are so happy to downgrade the value of any trade that doesn't involve us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I wasn't red hot on Shiel from the start yes he is a good player but both Kelly and Cogs I'd take before Shiel. I really don't want player that isn't all in if he falls to us now.
If Essendope don't pay two first and we end up with him can he leave after a year as a free agent and we get compo?

Swannies won't fall.

They have a nice academy rort going. They have been rebuilding their team over the recent years.

Dawks and Cats will crater, Swans won't.

Not so sure about that. Yes they have introduced plenty of kids but they have plenty of older players slowly declining. The academy does provide an advantage however they now have to pay a reasonable price and wont have any free hits.

Have to factor in the type of player Scully is too. Taking away 10-20% of his running power is going to have a huge impact on his game.

The Hawks did well to trade players in when draft picks were over-valued and they had the list to win flags, but they’re taking some serious list management risks, and aren’t addressing real areas of need, namely bringing in key position talent.

If Burton goes they’ve got no decent young talent, and a few inflated contracts on their list.

Hope we can help GWS at least
Please no. I'm at a full about face. Don't want him. Way too expensive, and anyway what will we trade for him? We going to trade ourselves out of the next two drafts? I am more than happy with McGov, Setters and Solo. Excellent trade bounty that will significantly improve our list and that didn't cost us overs.

No, let him go to * and they can fork out for his massive contract, or let him stay with the Giants - and we can enjoy the melts on the * board. :D

We know it's a completed trade and just awaiting wanting the big show tomorrow such a farcical over commercialization of trade week and the game.

Scully must be cooked. Sounded like a bad ankle injury at the time. Seen how long Thomas took to get to a stage where he was playing decent footy again. Running is 80% of scully's game, probably more, take that away and he's just a nothing player. Probably a good result for all. Reckon Hawks have two years at the most before things get pretty average. Could easily fall apart next year if injuries and age start to set in.

Goes to show how injuries devalue players and why Setterfield really didn't cost us a great deal.

Surely Essendon and GWS get a deal done. Surely Essendon could trump whatever we have to offer. Would be funny if they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back