Bluey Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Gazza goes to GC, now Bomber is being touted as their next coach...oh, the irony!!

I wonder if they've sorted out their little tiff from 2010? Would love to be a fly on the wall for there first encounter if he takes the job.

Feel for Bluey, not a surprising outcome though. Would be all for getting him in as an assistant next year, he hasn't really completed any coaching with the club since he retired has he? Would be all for getting him in as a fresh pair of eyes

Was just waiting for this to happen was about $1.10. Hard job to setup a club, a lot of time invested into all sorts of areas off the field he wont be thanked for. First coaches dont seem to last long at clubs, John Cahill 2 years (did coach beforehand in SANFL), Ron Alexander 1 year, Neesham had 4 with Mckenna thats about the roof. There must be a lot of people lining up for this job just for the list. Anyone with a readymade gameplan, Im assuming they werent confident in McKennas matchday tactics...

I'm assuming you're just kidding right?

I'm hoping we all realise this isn't how stuff works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I thought when we take on a sacked coach we get to take the pick of his ex players too.

Thanks for setting me straight on that one.

crazy decision by ablet... err, gold coast.

get bluey in as an assistant now. this season just gone is evidence in itself that simpson needs all the game day help he can get.

Really? I thought when we take on a sacked coach we get to take the pick of his ex players too.

Thanks for setting me straight on that one.

Hence my first sentence. The second was more broadly aimed given some of the other posters comments.

But thanks for clarifying and being condescending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunate but not unexpected for Bluey. Hopefully one of the WA players falls from the tree because of this and we swoop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed for Bluey and disappointing by the Suns. People forget that it wasn't just no Gaz in the back half of the season but there were numerous other key players absent for large chunks as well. The Gold Coast 22 that ran out for most of the last two months was extremely inexperienced and at times had less games played than even the Giants. They never really stood a chance.
In saying all that if this is a Freo type scenario and Bomber is lined up, I can completely understand why the Suns would make the move. Shame that someone else will benefit from Bluey's hard yards though - scary potential at the Suns which is about to be realised I suspect.

One would have to assume they have a experienced person lined up. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Think he would feel a bit unlucky given they had showed pretty steady improvement over the years, although the hiccup with Ablett missing in the back third of the season didn't look too good. But if they have someone like Mark Thompson in the pipeline then he didn't really stand a chance.

Disappointed for Bluey and disappointing by the Suns. People forget that it wasn't just no Gaz in the back half of the season but there were numerous other key players absent for large chunks as well. The Gold Coast 22 that ran out for most of the last two months was extremely inexperienced and at times had less games played than even the Giants. They never really stood a chance.
In saying all that if this is a Freo type scenario and Bomber is lined up, I can completely understand why the Suns would make the move. Shame that someone else will benefit from Bluey's hard yards though - scary potential at the Suns which is about to be realised I suspect.

So is it disappointing by the Suns or isn't it?

If they do have Bomber lined up and you can understand it, is it still disappointing?

When Bluey was given the job as inaugural coach it was pretty obvious this day would come and you just hoped he somehow beat the odds. All the 17-18 year olds they drafted are now 22-23 year olds and ready to take that next step, as is the club as a whole. I still think they've recruited too many juniors, but that's a lot of ammo to do trades for the incoming coach. I believe that was the master blueprint from day 1 when they went with the strategy to go for juniors as their core recruiting strategy.

So is it disappointing by the Suns or isn't it?

If they do have Bomber lined up and you can understand it, is it still disappointing?
Sorry didn't make myself clear - if they have Bomber lined up I would consider it intelligent management on behalf of the Suns.

I would only consider it disappointing if the decision was made on the basis of a poor 2nd half to the season and with no ready made replacement.

Sorry didn't make myself clear - if they have Bomber lined up I would consider it intelligent management on behalf of the Suns.

I would only consider it disappointing if the decision was made on the basis of a poor 2nd half to the season and with no ready made replacement.

Yep, fair enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back