Boomers and/or Young People Suck

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL

Yeah I'm sure $19.99 will make a massive difference to that.
  • Netflix
  • Kayo
  • 100% increase in rent
  • 15% increase in cost of living

Not to mention house prices have risen 50% over the last few years and that interest rates mean our borrowing capacity has plummeted. Not to mention my wage hasn't come close to keeping up with any of this.

So yeah maybe I need to be extra frugal with crap like a footy website. Thanks for your out of touch input though.

• Netflix
  • Kayo
  • 100% increase in rent

Not to mention house prices have risen 50% over the last few years and that interest rates mean our borrowing capacity has plummeted. Not to mention my wage hasn't come close to keeping up with any of this.

So yeah maybe I need to be extra frugal with crap like a footy website. Thanks for your out of touch input though.

100% increase in rent is steep. Is that the same place or did you have to move to a more expensive option?

• Netflix
  • Kayo
  • 100% increase in rent

Just don't buy the smashed Avo on toast and you're sweet

• Netflix
  • Kayo
  • 100% increase in rent

That he could laugh at this post just shows how little empathy he has.

For me it's not a matter of frugality. I happily donate to content makers I'm into through Patreon and other means but Bigfooty is just a message board and it doesn't produce any content. If anything, it's the users that are producing the content.

I don't want to be unreasonable though. If running some ads is what it takes for BF to keep the lights on, I'm not going to complain.

That he could laugh at this post just shows how little empathy he has.

For me it's not a matter of frugality. I happily donate to content makers I'm into through Patreon and other means but Bigfooty is just a message board and it doesn't produce any content. If anything, it's the users that are producing the content.

I don't want to be unreasonable though. If running some ads is what it takes for BF to keep the lights on, I'm not going to complain.
He probably doesn't understand how percentages work. Bicks if you're out there, my rent used to be $400 a week (2020) and now it's $800. An old house in the western suburbs used to be $600k in 2020 and now it's $900k+.

I agree re bigfooty. The ads aren't going to stop me from looking. I was just commenting that they were getting hectic.

I agree re bigfooty. The ads aren't going to stop me from looking. I was just commenting that they were getting hectic.
Bigfooty could be slimmed down. It has so many redundant boards that are barely used and have nothing to do with footy. I don't know if that makes it cheaper to run though.

Maybe I should subscribe to 100 x $19.99 websites as they're only $19.99 each. What a masterclass in budgeting

On one side we have someone trying their best to explain relatively simple budgeting concepts.

On the other we have an argument comprised entirely of the word 'crap'.

Who will win? Place your bets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He probably doesn't understand how percentages work. Bicks if you're out there, my rent used to be $400 a week (2020) and now it's $800. An old house in the western suburbs used to be $600k in 2020 and now it's $900k+.

What does 800pw get you?

• Netflix
  • Kayo
  • 100% increase in rent

Yesterday I visited our nearby beachside coffee shop. It was full, inside and outside. Every car park taken up with some variety of late model SUV...and there sat all the renters whinging about not being able to save a deposit. :think:

Yesterday I visited our nearby beachside coffee shop. It was full, inside and outside. Every car park taken up with some variety of late model SUV...and there sat all the renters whinging about not being able to save a deposit. :think:
You overheard a number of renters whinging about not being able to save a deposit? Did you move around?

The only ones that annoy me are the mobile pop up videos that cover my entire phone screen.

Rubbish. You know they are renters do you?
Bloody boomers

Surely the issue is with young people these days is it’s not the ability to afford a home loan, it’s bank side of things of letting them have a homeloan?
Surely if you can afford to pay $800pw rent you can afford to pay off a house, you just can’t get a loan?
My 2 bobs worth is that the young people these days don't want to wait to save up and then buy something, they want it all now - the house, the SUV, The big TV's, the holidays and the wining and dining. It really is a house of cards as soon as repayments stretch to breaking point, they end up with nothing.

Rubbish. You know they are renters do you?
Bloody boomers
Yeah ok, whatever generation it is you want to identify as.

LOL

I do know they are renters. I live here. I talk to them. I hang out with them...more to the point and quite puzzling to myself - they hang out with me. They are my friends who have friends who are my acquaintances. Most of them have good jobs. Mid 20s to mid 30s. Man buns galore or the latest clipper creation to go with thousands of $$ worth of tats, all the latest gym gear and memberships, and latest model phones and tablets, drinking ******* chai latte (no accounting for people's taste) paying hundreds of dollars to go to some shitty music thingo to idolise and watch mainly ******* DJs hahaha what a joke, with their SUV carrying around the windsurf gear, the selection of surf boards and diving gear, but not quite enough room for the state of the art bike they just bought off gumtree. But enough. You get the picture but I bet you refuse to see it.

And, George Kramer, no, I didn't go to every table you pedantic numnut. Overhearing the table next to ours and the conversation at our table is enough. I know their conversation. I've heard it over and over ad nauseam.

I'm very lucky to be invited and included...to just about everything. I have to keep reminding them I'm 2ce+ their age so I don't want to listen to a lot of their shitty music, can't stay out as late, drink as much, party like they do.

My place gets used as a halfway house so often I couldn't count the number of times. Nursing drunks, the hungover, the locked out of their apartment/room/house, the too-lazy(or too drunk or drugged)-to-cook-for-themselves hungry mouths, those at a loose end just looking for a place to chill and drink my beer and watch footy... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

But they choose to be who they are, and complaining about not being able to save for a deposit on a house is an excuse to keep living the fantastic fun life they live. I should have made that choice way back when.

:)

Now, how about that footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back